Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:43 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

DBLDOSE at standard level
Default Brant/Battery/Alternator issues.

Hey guys.

Been having a few issues lately with my electrcs.

Basically, after leaving the car for 2 days a few weeks back, the battery went dead. So I charged it, chuck it in again, and everything was sweet until the Wednesday just gone. The battery went dead after not driving since Monday night.

So I pulled it out, charged it, smashed it back in today, everything was fine, went for a ~30 minute drive, everything went well. Come home, park up, call my mate to let him know I'm heading to the gym. Get back in the car, and it won't start.

They keypad was being stupid, and instead of flashing rows of numbers like it normally does, every number was illuminated at once, but they would dim for a split secondly every few seconds.

Now, I'm thinking the battery is dead/the alternator is rooted/Keypad/Brant is being difficult.

Has anyone had a similar problem. Haven't really got time to muck around at the moment, exams next week, but will bust out multimeter's soon, just hope it isn't a broken Brant...

Cheers,
Matt.

PS - I searched, believe me, but couldn't find anything helpful.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Battery has dropped a cell. Buy a new one.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 03-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Yup,

Definitely sounds like you need a new battery. Any decent auto parts store should have a battery tester. Get them to check your battery out before you purchase a new battery, but I would say this is your issue.

Cheers

Simon
Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Cheers for confirming my first guess, but took the battery to a battery world today, got it tested, and it's apparently fine...

Will take it to my mates work next week, get him to suss it out aswell, but starting to think it may be brant being stupid...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

skyman79 at standard level

i just had issues with my brant after taking battery out, then replacing. apparently theres a master code for the brant or something that resets it, mine was stopping the fuel pump activating, after some advice from Mao i removed a cable from brant. I'll be removing the whole brant system asap as i reckon its the worst alarm ive come accross in a car.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Apologies for thinking it was something as simple as the battery. Seemed strange you had to charge it a couple of times, which is why I thought it could be the battery not the Brant.

Send Mao from Evolution R a PM. You van contact him HERE. This is also the thread that discusses Brant issues / known problems.

Mao knows the Brant system really well, he has helped me immensely with fault finding 2 intermittent issues I have been having over the last 12 months. I thought it was the Brant, which he can disable both parts of it separately, to ascertain which part of the Brant, if it is the Brant, causing you issues or not. He will even come to you I believe to sort out the issue.

Hope this helps you further. Keep the thread updated with the issues you find, as its helpful to people who search for the same / similar issues in the future.

Cheers,

Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLDOSE View Post
Cheers for confirming my first guess, but took the battery to a battery world today, got it tested, and it's apparently fine...

Will take it to my mates work next week, get him to suss it out aswell, but starting to think it may be brant being stupid...
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Cheers Simon and Skyman for the advice.

Turns out it is brant being stupid. Mucked around again this arvo, got it to start once when I connected the battery for the first time.

Turned it off, and the lights stayed lit again, couldn't disarm it with my pin and couldn't prime the fuel pump.

Will ring Subaru/ASG/STechnic/Mao tomorrow, did a little google searching, and looks like I need a mastercode from Subaru.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLDOSE View Post
Cheers Simon and Skyman for the advice.

Turns out it is brant being stupid. Mucked around again this arvo, got it to start once when I connected the battery for the first time.

Turned it off, and the lights stayed lit again, couldn't disarm it with my pin and couldn't prime the fuel pump.

Will ring Subaru/ASG/STechnic/Mao tomorrow, did a little google searching, and looks like I need a mastercode from Subaru.

My thoughts were that you would not be able to do anything without the mastercode. As in you would not be able to get it to start at all? I might be wrong.

Seems weird what is happening to you, almost intermittent. You must have a female version of the Brant, the thing doesn't know what it wants

Give Mao a call tomorrow and I am sure he will talk you through how to disable certain parts of it, over the phone. This will get you going again at least. Then decide weather to fix the Brant or pull it out, if that's what the issue definitely is.

Evolution R - 9358 0288

Simon.
Old 13-06-2011, 11:40 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Ended up taking it into ASG to get fixed, turns out the keypad unit failed and that it's fairly common, especially on the earlier brants.

Cheers for the help guys, glad to be back on the road.

Tags
brant or battery or alternator, issues