Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2011, 01:30 PM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level
Default Opinions/Suggestions needed: Increasing response + torque curve

Hey all,

After a couple days of googling/p-wrx searching my brain is fizzling (that could be the drugs though) with varying opinions on how to increase response and torque curve from the humble td04 (not the amount of torque, just the amount of time I can hold peak torque for longer)

My car is an 06 WRX with the only engine/exhaust mods being a 3" MMS/Butler Exhaust, Walbro Pump + ECUtek tune. Here is the Dyno print-out from when I had the exhaust done (Peak torque only lasts for barley 1k between 2500-3500 rpm).

I am eventually going to call The Good Doctor Doug @ Stechnic to have a chat about it too but I thought I'd ask here first just to get more info/opinions/suggestions.

The reason I don't want to go a bigger turbo is purely because I do like the response from the td04 and with the car being 90% street driven most of my driving is done in that rpm range. Also I'm kind of wary of the 2.5L open deck + bigger turbo = dok dok

My current idea is Grimspeed BCS + CAI + Silicone Inlet Pipe + Retune (holding boost longer = larger peak torque curve??), but if I am wrong please do get your flame on.

If it can't be done (without going a bigger turbo) then this monkey will live with it

Thanks,
Shane.

Getting better. Still somewhat retarded.

Tags
curve, increasing, opinions, opinions or suggestions, response, torque