Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree306Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

I posted the initial power run as it was. Restrictor was also on the wrong way. AFM was rotten.

Vehicle came in on a tow truck WITH the power run chart in hand, 4 days after the initial tune. We were commissioned to fix it and we did.

End of Story.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Well clearly it's not the end of the story or we wouldn't be reading this shit slinger of a thread.
MY00GC8 likes this.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

stoff at standard level

It shouldn't be the end of the story because Mao's behavior is fucking disgraceful!
His dyno thread is littered with examples of him listing a before run as a Verso tune, when ASG have absolutely no control of how that run was conducted. This is completely unfair to ASG and i think they have been incredibly restrained. If it was my business i'd be extremely pissed.
If he wants to make comparisons he should post up the original Verso dyno tune.
/end rant
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

Im getting really fucking frustrated at all of this.

Rhys,

Don't be suprised when that we get our back up when your first contact with us regarding this issue is accusing us of poor service and attaching a link to consumer protection.

Like I said before we had a brief look at your car found it wasn't running and it wasn't and ECU issue but there were wires hanging out. You made it very clear to me didn't want to spend too much which I understand so I didn't look into wiring, etc. Your car was tuned here to 240hp as you know and broke down 4 days later. AFMs fail randomly like many electrical components for whatever reason and I guess you have been unlucky if yours has failed.

To say we have tuned your car incorrectly with a faulty AFM is a big claim as I can show you dyno graphs of your cars fuel mixtures correct from start to finish of the dyno run. This would not be possible with a faulty AFM as the voltage would go out of range during the run causing fuel mixtures to go leaner than our target. This is very noticeable to Sean as he has tuned many Subarus over the last decade with power FC ecus and replaced many AFMs while on the dyno for this reason. I understand you don't know all the details about the tuning process and honestly neither do I its Seans job for all this stuff.

Regarding your 177hp dyno chart we obviously wouldn't tune your car with the boost control back to front or otherwise it wouldn't make 240hp. Mao refers to the T piece and resrictor being backwards however I find this hard to believe as we fitted a 3 port boost solenoid which runs a hose to the turbo comp cover from one port and a hose to the wastegate from another. The third port vents open. There is no T piece and no restrictor on this setup so how he came up with that little story I don't know. In your first email you refer to this 177hp as the ''tune that you guys done'' but clearly this is not our tune if it has had the boost lines changed and prob running about 10-12psi rather than the 18psi you can see on the chart from our tune. Then you go on to claim that ''the service was not up to standard'' and you request a refund for the price of the tune. Are you referring to the 177hp tune or the 240hp tune??? Furthermore you are wonder who has jipped you and who owes you money? The answer would be noone as its your car and unfortunately it broke down. You came to us and requested the service of an ecu fitment and dyno tune and thats what you got. You went to evoR and requested a service of whatever and I assume thats what you got and that is also fair. Clearly you have been a little misled by the decieving evoR dyno charts and accusations of poor tuning with faulty parts but at the end of the day if they done what you paid for you are not owed anything.

Unfortunately I cannot offer you a refund under these circumstances but I am happy to explain further if you have any more questions. Feel free to take it to consumer protection if you are not happy or you don't know who to believe as they are a third party there to help when you are not sure if you have been jipped or not. I am happy to provide further information to them if required and Sean prob still has your tune from October on his laptop.

Thanks

Nic

Allstar Garage
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

This is getting messy.

It was not a Verso. I posted both Apexi PFC runs.
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

Mao just clearly lied on the forum about recieving the car 4 days after the tune from us before you went on holiday and lied about your boost control restictor that you don't have.
Please post my previous email with yours and Maos attached as this is clearly someones attempt to slander our workmanship. You have let it go this far so you are obliged to finish it off with the facts as proven by Mao himself and your information/dates etc. There is no hard feelings between you and us we just like the truth to come out as we don't like all the bullshit produced from situations like this.

Look forward to seeing the end of the crap on the internet now the truth has been proven.

Thanks

Nic

Allstar Garage
American Dave and RUSSGT like this.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

There was a restrictor on the wrong way and that is a fact.

I am not the one lying about it here.

Rhys can be the judge of the work done as he is the customer.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Merry Fucking christmas everyone.
drewgong likes this.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Scoobie Noobie

ketchup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
There was a restrictor on the wrong way and that is a fact.

I am not the one lying about it here.

Rhys can be the judge of the work done as he is the customer.
Mike and drewgong like this.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexesstacyonerateorcism View Post
Best user name ever!!

Tags
bitches are like stitches, chicken cheese and mao, ecu, evor brainwashing services, got mao on your face, i bought stonewash jeans, im_12_whats_this, issues, kremer930 welcome to the internet, lionel hutz 1800mao, mayo is only good in sandwiches