Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Sir AntiLag

rstasy at standard level
Default Fault Code P0426 - Wastegate Solenoid

Hi guys,

As of yesterday I've had some difficulties with my car. This code keeps re-appearing, but I've narrowed it down to something that I need some help with.

I've already replaced the MAC Boost Control Solenoid. The car has been reflashed by ASG quite some time ago. This measured 16 Ohms, which is exactly the same as the Old Solenoid that I thought was the problem - but changed it as a precautionary measure (new one only cost me $60)

From what I can ascertain from the electrical schematic; the Wastegate Solenoid is fed a constant 12V, and then presumably the Driver circuit in the ECU internally controls the Duty Cycle by either closing or opening the circuit; dependent on other inputs (presumably manifold pressure).

I've noticed I have continuity on the earth return from the Wastegate Solenoid, which I would have thought would be incorrect - so I need someone to confirm this (as I thought a closed circuit instance would have only been above a certain manifold pressure). The continuity expectedly disappears when I disconnect the ECU from the harness.

Now I have also noticed that I have continuity on the 12V feed to the Wastegate Solenoid - and need to know (with the help of the schematic below), where exactly this 12V is fed from; as to me - it is fed directly from the Main Battery Relay, through the sensor, and then earthed through the ECU. The only thing I don't quite understand is that the two wires (feed and return to the Wastegate Solenoid) are both contained in the same conduit, and seem to run in unison to the ECM.

Internet Mechanics need not apply. Please don't have any input unless you know what you're talking about.

Thanks guys.
Old 31-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

What model of car is yours?
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i

Tags
code, fault, p0426, solenoid, wastegate