Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Haha you trollin cunt?

You bought a datsun yet?
Nick i would never.

No datto, have afew idea in my head for a project but still deciding.
nick73 likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunus View Post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nauli, trying to get my buddy who is actually in the market for a car to check out yours. I had a good look myself, had no idea they were actually that epic.
Seriously mate they are a fantastic car...having owned a number of STI's before the Focus I rate the RS a better car all round...way better finish, better interior, more grunt (440NM torque), stronger engine (Cosworth internals), way better looks, better handling, higher top speed (academic)....and no torque steer. The only place an STI would be better is off the mark from a standing start. And with only 300 odd in Australia they are unique and will become a collector's item.

But don't get me wrong, I think the STI is a really good car and good value for money...that's why I've ordered a new Focus RS
Old 26-02-2016, 09:34 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sneakynuts at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
, stronger engine (Cosworth internals),
By Cosworth you mean Volvo...... ( as standard)

Sorry I owned one from new for 3 and a half years... I won't say they are better than a STi (my new STi at least) but they are different.

They have an epic engine but seen a few let go (plenums mainly that then cause issues below as it sucks plastic in)

I have a mate who has one with 177000 KM on it... and I think his is the 3rd highest number of KM in Oz.

Great car.
Old 26-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakynuts View Post
By Cosworth you mean Volvo...... ( as standard)

Sorry I owned one from new for 3 and a half years... I won't say they are better than a STi (my new STi at least) but they are different.

They have an epic engine but seen a few let go (plenums mainly that then cause issues below as it sucks plastic in)

I have a mate who has one with 177000 KM on it... and I think his is the 3rd highest number of KM in Oz.

Great car.
Yep...Volvo block with Cosworth internals...yes a few have let go but usually those that have been modded (some to 450 - 500 HP).
177,000 is a well used car! Mine has a mere 43,000!
Old 26-02-2016, 10:32 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sneakynuts at standard level

no Cosworth internals......all Volvo.... it does have harder liners than the XR5 though but not Cosworth.

There was a stock one on the Gold coast that went bang last year.... just been rebuilt with fancy internals.

I think mine had 44000km on when I sold it!
Old 26-02-2016, 10:39 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

shaunus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Seriously mate they are a fantastic car...having owned a number of STI's before the Focus I rate the RS a better car all round...way better finish, better interior, more grunt (440NM torque), stronger engine (Cosworth internals), way better looks, better handling, higher top speed (academic)....and no torque steer. The only place an STI would be better is off the mark from a standing start. And with only 300 odd in Australia they are unique and will become a collector's item.

But don't get me wrong, I think the STI is a really good car and good value for money...that's why I've ordered a new Focus RS
I think I own possibly the slowest sti from a start. Big turbo, 3500rpm rev limit @ launch. Will be the first thing I ask ASG to fix haha!
Old 27-02-2016, 01:03 PM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

New motor , Retune and happy days

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
shaunus likes this.
Old 27-02-2016, 01:22 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob92 View Post
New motor , Retune and happy days

Speaking of new motor. Retune. Happy days. - whats happening with your forester. Been a bit quite lately
Will it be ready for RAC this year?
Old 27-02-2016, 02:41 PM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Heads repaired all valves replaced that was fingered (was cause of low comp) , replaced dammaged buckets (all of them was fingered from oil pressure loss) .. new 207 block, crank, rods and pistons all at galloways (same shop daz used) . Block is being torque plate bored and honed, crank is getting a polish and crack test as well as balance checked and journals measured, rods being weighed and bearing end getting a hone and measured for bearings. .

Once back just need head gaskets and start screwing it together

Then just new clutch, dump and cooler pipes ill miss a few rounds but may/june is target

shaunus likes this.
Old 23-03-2016, 10:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

shaunus at standard level

Update: Well, not really. But thought I'd just touch base with everyone.

Have been informed the motor is back in, some km's have been put on it by the lads over at S-Technic. Has been to ASG and spent some time on the dyno...the boys phoned me to confirm it still has a hesitation when transitioning from vacuum to boost...It's not so bad (from memory it's been that long now haha) in the lower gears but highway driving/overtaking it was fkn annoying and dangerous to some extent. So I am glad they didn't just ring and say come pay the bill and throw me the keys.

They are going above and beyond to get it how it needs to be... This is where it becomes a little frustrating for both myself, ASG and S-Technic as the tune that was on the ecu had apparently been a complete mess. Not naming the previous workshop who did the tune however, they fkd with things that didn't or shouldn't have been fkd with...the result?

They are finding a car of the same build date etc as mine to return the ECU back to 100% factory settings it is that bad. Data is missing/played with to the point it is easier to start from scratch. A little annoyed but at the same time I'll be glad to be able to enjoy it to it's fullest extent and not always have that annoying feeling after driving it.

I'll be happy to have it back but understand these things can take time. Mum who has leant me her beamer doesn't share the same enthusiasm, she wants her fkn car back haha!
TROLLEY and Dan [GTI] like this.

Tags
hydrolocked