Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2019, 10:01 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
Nah that's enough right there. A brother put down his own personal opinion. Right or wrong he is entitled to do that. You wouldn't have been one of the guys that was shouting down Drew here when he spoke up before...would you?

Walk away bud.
Sure Drew is entitled to an opinion, but not exempt from correction when it is entirely misinformed. Wrx Club WA have absolutely nothing to do with the running of perth-wrx forums, nothing at all. There are also no ties to any single workshop with wrxcwa, committee members all have their own preferences and club events are held around and in conjunction with various subaru workshops in perth. In the last ~12 months those shops have been Maximum, Tokyo, Trident, Japline, Wheelsworld/JFA, Garage 101. I may be forgetting some others.

Good to see your hiatus from the forum hasn't done anything to your personality.
drewgong likes this.
drewgong (24-08-2019)
Old 26-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

OP. Have you at any stage taken the car back to MMS and let them diagnose what is wrong and give them the opportunity rectify the problem?

If a plumber fucks up at your house and you have a leak are you really going to pay another plumber to rip out his work and start again?? Take the car back to MMS, kiss and make up and get the car sorted.
Captain Buff likes this.
Old 26-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Subarus are shit cars anyway.

That's why I sold mine and bought my brothers F6...

Flame suit on, come at me.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:08 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

2019 and forum wars are alive. I fckn love this shit!!
Old 12-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

where's a fukn woobly flywheel when you need one
drewgong likes this.
drewgong (24-08-2019)
Old 12-08-2019, 10:41 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Thread needs more rj99999!
Soksta likes this.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Wildbill at standard level

if you want to drive a wreck, you drive a FORD
a wreck with lid bashed in nailed to a piece of board
IF YO WANT TO DRIVE A WRECK YOU DRIVE A FORD

FORD HAVE CIRCLED THE PROBLEM

it must be stated that 95% of fords are still on the road,
while other cars made it HOME!!!
nick73 likes this.
Old 24-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

So much lol. I rest my case guys. Wrx Illuminati confirmed
Captain Buff likes this.
Captain Buff (24-08-2019)
Old 25-08-2019, 01:45 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgong View Post
Indeed...
I appreciate you putting your thoughts down mate. I wish this reached a hell of a lot more people...ah well.

My thanks to matto20v as well...I didn't quite get what you said the first time but I am with you now, thanks for helping out mate

As this is a technical/mechanical thread:
  1. I will withdraw my mention of the j pipe/front pipe not having a CAT and include my apologies - whilst it has been done poorly and does need to be completely replaced - I was wrong; there is a CAT present. I apologise; no one should have false allegations thrown at them.
  2. I won't 'retract' but I believe I have already admitted that MM did indeed offer to swap out the BOV they had originally put in place. I actually had not seen that email from MM (shifting house at the time and it must have been lost in the move). I will grant that - however; why they put the wrong BOV unit on and then when questioned within a few weeks said that they would swap it out - sounds like they didn't know what they were doing. Hey...let that one slide. The proper unit can be installed now.
  3. The front j pipe is meant to have an earthing strap attached. It was tek screwed off to the chassis.
  4. There is meant to be a heat shield between the j pipe and a nearby radiator hose...It wasn't installed. If I was a frequent DD that could have been a real problem.
  5. The j pipe and front pipe are not what I asked for. Again I will admit (though I don't think this is at all the case) here that there may have been miscommunication between MM and myself when I naively paid cash and allowed them to cook the receipt and dodgy their books. Regardless everything between the turbo and where it splits into two tubes and heads to the tips needs to come out and be replaced as they aren't what I asked for and also are the reason that the O2 sensors are sending rubbish readings back to the ECU.
  6. A new one. Cool new air intake...I kind of like the amount of noise it makes. It needed a better/bigger sensor to measure the incoming air flow so that it gave the right information to the ECU though. Wasn't included.
  7. TGV and AOS (I believe an AOS should be done at the same time as teh EGV? I may have that wrong) have not been done. I have yet to determine if they should be; and they are not MM's fault - well the AOS isn't - the TGV I wonder why they didn't say it should be done? It seems to be the first mod anyone does.
  8. The best for last. All them dollars...for an OTS flash. Top stuff.
  9. I will add that I do not have complete confirmation...however I believe the internals have taken more than they should have BUT they (touch wood) shouldn't need to be replaced. There is nothing of great severity at this stage that needs to be done. That is a fairly big relief!

Everyone else: I declare open season on 'The Captain' is now officially started! Please feel free to abuse, patronise, condescend, mock, take your shirt off and pose (just FWIW I am straight though man), don't actually own a Subaru but want to comment anyway, think Subaru's are shit and bought your brothers F6 (again FWIW I don't beat women, drink XXXX, wear a singlet over a fat beer gut, and you can understand what I am saying when I speak because I have a full set of teeth; not just 'chomper' and 'grinder')...you can even say that my hiatus from this forum hasn't done anything to my personality. On that one you would be wrong though...I seem to remember someone offered accommodation and a bit of driving around for a French guy that posted here; I think that (maybe) was quite nice of the guy. Please let me know where I'm wrong.

This is an internet forum after all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even people who don't have a WRX or a Subaru and have no reason to be here other than troll are most welcome.

Should anyone want to proffer some assistance...that would genuinely be welcome. Misanthropic cynicism aside; there are two guys on here that were genuine and helped me out and I owe them each a pint and would love to have a chat

Peace
Old 25-08-2019, 01:59 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Ahh...an Admin/Mod keeps blocking my attempts to put this reply down. I got smart first time and copied everything to notepad before I pressed post reply as I suspected this might happen!! Well...I've riled someone up? All they can do is try to block me posting though...come and lets have a chat? What's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgong View Post
Indeed...
I appreciate you putting your thoughts down mate. I wish this reached a hell of a lot more people...ah well.

My thanks to matto20v as well...I didn't quite get what you said the first time but I am with you now, thanks for helping out mate

As this is a technical/mechanical thread:
  1. I will withdraw my mention of the j pipe/front pipe not having a CAT and include my apologies - whilst it has been done poorly and does need to be completely replaced - I was wrong; there is a CAT present. I apologise; no one should have false allegations thrown at them.
  2. I won't 'retract' but I believe I have already admitted that MM did indeed offer to swap out the BOV they had originally put in place. I actually had not seen that email from MM (shifting house at the time and it must have been lost in the move). I will grant that - however; why they put the wrong BOV unit on and then when questioned within a few weeks said that they would swap it out - sounds like they didn't know what they were doing. Hey...let that one slide. The proper unit can be installed now.
  3. The front j pipe is meant to have an earthing strap attached. It was tek screwed off to the chassis.
  4. There is meant to be a heat shield between the j pipe and a nearby radiator hose...It wasn't installed. If I was a frequent DD that could have been a real problem.
  5. The j pipe and front pipe are not what I asked for. Again I will admit (though I don't think this is at all the case) here that there may have been miscommunication between MM and myself when I naively paid cash and allowed them to cook the receipt and dodgy their books. Regardless everything between the turbo and where it splits into two tubes and heads to the tips needs to come out and be replaced as they aren't what I asked for and also are the reason that the O2 sensors are sending rubbish readings back to the ECU.
  6. A new one. Cool new air intake...I kind of like the amount of noise it makes. It needed a better/bigger sensor to measure the incoming air flow so that it gave the right information to the ECU though. Wasn't included.
  7. TGV and AOS (I believe an AOS should be done at the same time as teh EGV? I may have that wrong) have not been done. I have yet to determine if they should be; and they are not MM's fault - well the AOS isn't - the TGV I wonder why they didn't say it should be done? It seems to be the first mod anyone does.
  8. The best for last. All them dollars...for an OTS flash. Top stuff.
  9. I will add that I do not have complete confirmation...however I believe the internals have taken more than they should have BUT they (touch wood) shouldn't need to be replaced. There is nothing of great severity at this stage that needs to be done. That is a fairly big relief!

Everyone else: I declare open season on 'The Captain' is now officially started! Please feel free to abuse, patronise, condescend, mock, take your shirt off and pose (just FWIW I am straight though man), don't actually own a Subaru but want to comment anyway, think Subaru's are shit and bought your brothers F6 (again FWIW I don't beat women, drink XXXX, wear a singlet over a fat beer gut, and you can understand what I am saying when I speak because I have a full set of teeth; not just 'chomper' and 'grinder')...you can even say that my hiatus from this forum hasn't done anything to my personality. On that one you would be wrong though...I seem to remember someone offered accommodation and a bit of driving around for a French guy that posted here; I think that (maybe) was quite nice of the guy. Please let me know where I'm wrong.

This is an internet forum after all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even people who don't have a WRX or a Subaru and have no reason to be here other than troll are most welcome.

Should anyone want to proffer some assistance...that would genuinely be welcome. Misanthropic cynicism aside; there are two guys on here that were genuine and helped me out and I owe them each a pint and would love to have a chat

Peace

Tags
2016, issues, mod, wrx