Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Ok Ok Ok Ok.... Don't speed it School Zones. Do it and your a dickhead BUT....

If this Government was bloody serious about mimimising deaths and accidents in School Zones, there would be uniform signs and flashing light before and after ALL school zones across the state whenever they are active. Better still PAINT the fucking zone on the road a different colour, you would have to be blind to miss that. I'm still sure 40KMPH is still fast enough to not see a child and possibly injure or worse still kill them.

GET FUCKING SERIOUS and put some of that cashcow Multinova money into actual road safety instead of fat Rippers's coffers.

RANT OFF!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Actually they take 2 km/h speed difference on their guns. So really i was breaking the law by 2km/h. So technically if i was doing 62km/h i could have hit anything like the TV adds say and i should not destroy anything or anyone. So if i run over a padestrian at 60km/h in a 60km/h zone they should technically bounce off, land in mcdonalds with a nice large thickshake in their hand. Yes yes, it all makes sense now!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:32 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

jezzamcbezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
Ok Ok Ok Ok.... Don't speed it School Zones. Do it and your a dickhead BUT....

If this Government was bloody serious about mimimising deaths and accidents in School Zones, there would be uniform signs and flashing light before and after ALL school zones across the state whenever they are active. Better still PAINT the fucking zone on the road a different colour, you would have to be blind to miss that. I'm still sure 40KMPH is still fast enough to not see a child and possibly injure or worse still kill them.

GET FUCKING SERIOUS and put some of that cashcow Multinova money into actual road safety instead of fat Rippers's coffers.

RANT OFF!!!!
X2

How about build more pedestrian overpasses too.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:19 PM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy
yeh I agree, but how can they guarentee the speed they have on their laser was taken before or after I pass the sign?
Because on a laser, we get a distance as well as the speed down to the closest 10cm. So obviously if the start of the zone is 80m away and you get pinged at 59.4m, your in the zone.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:56 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Dan > Dave haha!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup
Because on a laser, we get a distance as well as the speed down to the closest 10cm. So obviously if the start of the zone is 80m away and you get pinged at 59.4m, your in the zone.
Fair call Dan, but for the sake of arguing, how do the cops prove in court that the reading was taken at 50m and the zone started at 70m other than their word for it? Or is your word good enough?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

Those lasers show a lot more than I thought. Cheers for the heads up D! Now come back to Perth so we can get some Dim Sum!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Elrico at standard level

I want dim sum! asap please. On topic, its pretty plain and simple, if you speed, you get caught, its hard love. School zones SHOULD be appropriatley marked out and not just rely on the presance of kids to make it obvious. By then, you could have hit one!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL WRX
Fair call Dan, but for the sake of arguing, how do the cops prove in court that the reading was taken at 50m and the zone started at 70m other than their word for it? Or is your word good enough?
Well, there is normally two of us doing the laser action at the time and even though I/we are under no obligation to show the driver the reading on the laser, I give them a quick look as I am saying, "The reason I stopped you is because you were speeding, any reason for that?"

If you wanted to go as far as taking a photo of where we were standing prior to doing the action, you can but that isn't really necessary. Basically a copper isn't gonna commit perjury in court over dishing out a simple speeding fine. I wouldn't anyway.

As for Dim Sum joshy, would love to matey, haven't had it ages. Bit hard from down here though.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzamcbezza
If a camera was placed, say 10m after the speed change sign, you could very easily argue in court that the camera had calculated your speed prior to entering the school zone. It would make a very interesting court battle.
just a quicky, i seem to remember there being something in the legislation that multinovas had to be more than 100m away from a change in speed zone

Tags
school, speeding, ticket, zone