Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Didnt know Albania had a school to begin with....

Home schooling on how to milk the goats/cows FTW

Hehe good to know my albanian call stuck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy
I work at a school .

What subject do you teach Dave? How to do handbrakies and nuts in the carpark?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup
No they are not automatically claimed as hoons/people who always speed. Dry your eyes. If you speed and get caught, except it, plain and simple. As for targeting school zones with a bit of gusto, bloody oath.

As for the lights flashing at the start of every zone, I'm thinkin the kids in school uniforms walking to school etc might be a little bit of a hint also. The signs are there plain as day, if your not sure, assume its a 40.
You actually realise if you are doing 40km/h in a 60km/h zone when its not a school time because you are unsure that it can actually become fustrating for other motorists. It can also be the soul purpose of a crash. Lets face it, there are impatient people on the road, and you dont HAVE to be speeding to cause an accident. Clearly marked out zones are usually around, if not, its the council that should be blamed. Not every child goes to school (not many at all, if any) at 7:30am, yet, that is when the rules are imposed.

I take very due care whilst driving around Canningvale, hell, im stuck inbetween a high school and a primary school, plus theres another one as im driving to work about a km down the road. I am surrounded by pre-pubesant delinquents that take no concern for the saftey of them selves at any time hence having to be constantly alert. As for trying to talk your way out of a ticket, if you were on a motobike, chances are alot higher.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

sleepy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL WRX
Yeah, come on Dave, how could you have possibly missed all the little albanians riding their goats and pigs to school?
Cause kids are always late to school. I didn't see any at 7:50am. Though Im sure that would have reminded me. Cop was doing his job, can't be angry at him.
Just picked a prick of a spot, as always.

I was sort of inbetween schools. and I didn't remember seeing a sign when I came out of the side street. Still $150 feels a bit steep, not as if I was doing 80km/h with kids all over the street.

I know the last school I worked at... the signs were so obvious that I never ever went over 40. I guess it's just because I came out of a side street inbetween signs and wasn't thinking.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

LMAO Sphoolin... Giddy's part of the thin blue line bud....think he could probably tell us all from first hand experience about cause of accidents.

Unfortunately the developing brain of a primary / high school student has no capacity to assess risk for self harm so it may appear they have little regard for their own safety. I guess that explains why so many extreme sports are dominated by young people. The older ones are prob the ones who got brain damaged earlier in life.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

sleepy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL WRX
What subject do you teach Dave? How to do handbrakies and nuts in the carpark?
Im a Sys Admin, no teaching for me.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

Quote:
No they are not automatically claimed as hoons/people who always speed. Dry your eyes. If you speed and get caught, except it, plain and simple. As for targeting school zones with a bit of gusto, bloody oath.

As for the lights flashing at the start of every zone, I'm thinkin the kids in school uniforms walking to school etc might be a little bit of a hint also. The signs are there plain as day, if your not sure, assume its a 40.
oh yeah for sure, if u do the crime, expect the fine, im totally for that, and as for school zones, definently agree with you.

The only reason i bought that up is because i recently was involved in an incident where i had a dude tailgate me thru a school zone and when i selected the right hand lane he got pissed and gave me an ear full of horn to which i responded with the finger. any way he got my plates and so did a witness (after the witness tail gated me as well afterwards). I got both their plates as well but the fact that its two against one and i was in a "hoon" car according to them (the general public) does that go against me if a police report was lodged?

Sorry to hijack the thread

Forester GT
Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

sorry to say, but anyone who speeds in a school zone, accidently or not, doesnt really get any sympathy from me. That being said, it sucks getting a fine and points for for licence. Also I got a flashed the other day, but NOT in a school zone, so I cant critisise too much
Old 07-02-2007, 05:24 PM

RichX knows their stuff

What was the go with that bitch that got caught doin 110 in a School Zone? P-Plater ..
Old 07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:

Except or Accept ?

Tags
school, speeding, ticket, zone