Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level
Default Disrespect to cars ?

Just wondering, have any of you ever experienced people leaning on your car as if it belongs to them ?

Do you feel that it is disrespectful to the car owner or is it perfectly fine ?

To answer some questions in advance, No, leaning on the car will not result in dent. Its the act of it that might be disturbing.

What are you thoughts ? Share your experiences.

For some reason I've ran into quite a number of people like that.

1) While doing window replacement, my car was parked outside. 1 mechanic outside decided to lean on my CF wing and have a chat with his friend.

2) Ralliart Drivers Training. I don't know who this fella is. He was invited to help out with the event at barbagallo. The idea is that Ross Dunkerton and him will bring everyone 2 slow laps. My car being the first means that this unknown fella will be driving my car.

This dude happily puts his Helmet on top of my car roof and lean on my car with his super sexy tight jeans with his arms folded and sunglasses on. For those of you wondering, some jeans actually have metal rivets on rear pocket.

3) Having a chat with a couple of friends at the carpark, couple of guys came over and asked which Evo series it is. Having told them, they decided to knock on my CF wing, boot, fenders. WTF IS WITH THE KNOCKING ??!

4) Having boost gauge installed on my ex MY03 wrx. While the mechanic was working under the bonnet, this guy walked over to him to enquire something. He happily placed his hand on my bonnet and lean on it to the point my bonnet looks strained from pushing it rearwards.

5) While waiting to run at the motorplex, couple of guys came over and asked which Evo series it is. Having told them, 1 of them decided to touch the roof AND STARTED KNOCKING ON THEM. WTF IS WITH THE KNOCKING AGAIN !@%#!%.

1 of his pals told him, "hey man don't anyhow touch other people's car man", he replied, "I'll touch whatever I want".
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Flat Four Father

Huy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Huy

Uhh yeah, i don't like people touching my car at all. A guy leant on my car at a cruise several weeks ago, but he apologized before i even realised. So i told him it was fine. In any other case, i would kindly ask the person not to do it.

Stack that Cheese
Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 PM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

i dun think i'd mind ppo leaning on side of my car, but i dun want them to lean/sit on my bonnet. i dun like ppo closing my door hard when the window is down, or slamming my boot after having a 22b wing on it (now a crack across the fibre glass wing). i dun really like ppo closing my doors by the windows.

i wouldn't want them to knock my car neither.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huy
Uhh yeah, i don't like people touching my car at all. A guy leant on my car at a cruise several weeks ago, but he apologized before i even realised. So i told him it was fine. In any other case, i would kindly ask the person not to do it.
Touching is fine. As for leaning, I don't know about the others, but I don't lean or knock or touch other people's car uneccessarily unless if they needed help with something.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobiken
i dun think i'd mind ppo leaning on side of my car, but i dun want them to lean/sit on my bonnet. i dun like ppo closing my door hard when the window is down, or slamming my boot after having a 22b wing on it (now a crack across the fibre glass wing). i dun really like ppo closing my doors by the windows.

i wouldn't want them to knock my car neither.
Good point on the slamming bit. I have heaps of people slamming my car door. I know on the Scooby, you just need to close it firmly, but some people do it excessively to the point the car actually sway quite a bit from the slamming.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
This dude happily puts his Helmet on top of my car roof and lean on my car with his super sexy tight jeans with his arms folded and sunglasses on.
Sounds very disrespectful and gay to me
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

at rexpo, i had a guy placed his can of drink on my car rooftop. gave him a dirty look as i was about to walk over to him and he just looks and walks away
Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 AM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

my mates Kluger has a big dent on the front where some drunk leaned on it in northbridge. so yes dents do happen
Old 11-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer

1 of his pals told him, "hey man don't anyhow touch other people's car man", he replied, "I'll touch whatever I want".
that right there deserves a smack...walk up n go hi my names BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM
Old 11-02-2007, 01:09 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

yes all of this is fully rude

Tags
cars, disrespect