Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I live in Halls Head in mandurah.

dirty fuckers! I just hope I don't see one again
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

When I read this thread title, I thought u were making a short movie rip-off of "snakes on the plane"

I remember in Primary School, they cleared the bush about 1km from the school, so all the snakes migrated west.. I know a few managed to sneak their way into school bags, and were found later on at home whilst getting the lunchbox out for Mum. Now that would freak me out...

I don't mind snakes how ever... if i have some sort of weapon/protection.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 AM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

well i've never seen snakes in my house before. never thought about snakes in the house at all. we have birds, and we used to have mice in the aviary, but recently they're all gone! could be a sign, especially when some of you guys living pretty close to me have snakes in your houses!

i got a dog too, hope he doesn't get too ambitious and attack the snake when he sees one.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:54 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

ORSMREX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to ORSMREX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
I live in Halls Head in mandurah.

dirty fuckers! I just hope I don't see one again
I wouldn't trust Mandurah Ranger Service for anything, we had two dogs trapped in a car down near the main toilet block on the foreshore no windows down 35 degree heat, rang them up so they could send some one down authorise a forced entry. had to ring them twice to get a person down, even then it took them 15 mins to find the place i end'd up breaking the rear quater window and unlocking the door no owner in site. Snakes are a regular thing here in the bronks of Baldivis nothing a shotgun can't handle
Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

The only way to kill them is to break their back with a shovel which means the little buggers cant wriggle off. They will still rear up at you from the break though. Then get a shovel and chop the head off. As for them being a protected species you can blow that out your ass.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 AM
STI Master

Chrus at standard level

Last snake i saw was at ~80kph....squash!! Made quite a good thump too The guys behind me stopped too look at it-they reckon it was a brown snake and all i did was piss it off! Even though i had clipped its tail section and drawn blood, it still made a b line for the bushes-oh well
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Flat Four Father

IMPRESHER at standard level
Send a message via MSN to IMPRESHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
The only way to kill them is to break their back with a shovel which means the little buggers cant wriggle off. They will still rear up at you from the break though. Then get a shovel and chop the head off. As for them being a protected species you can blow that out your ass.
Hahaha i chopped a snake in 4 bits once and it still ended up getting away from my dirty hands....
I thought snakes dont have a back ???
The HEAD is the way to go any where below will sometimes grow back or they will get away..lol
Old 08-03-2007, 12:20 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Since I've been in Australia I've 'experienced' the native fauna on several occasions. A Scorpion, Bull-ants, Redback Spiders (no twice but thrice ), Bluebottle Jellyfish, a wobbeygong shark and a Cobbler (the most intense pain I've ever felt) have all left their mark over the years. It just make sense that I get intimate with a snake sooner or later.

The closest I've come so far is seeing a dugite trapped in the swimming pool one morning. It was resting on the vacuum hose so I caught it with the leaf scooper and released it in some bushland....In Halls Head funnily enough...

I should have my own TV show.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Any snake I see on my property is on the receiving end of the 12 gauge!! Shot two dugites last month in my vege garden!!

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 08-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Sethor at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Sethor Send a message via MSN to Sethor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexzist1
Damn , it happened to us the other day luckly was a baby snake but when you think about it you want to find the nest and the rest !!!!
Be careful with baby snakes they are actually more deadly than adult snakes, when they bite the pump ALL their poison into you were as the adults control the amount they will inject.

I have had a few encounters with snakes over the years (count myself lucky stepping on a Brown snake barefoot without getting bitten). Mainly see Tiger,Brown and Dugites starting to see them more often as I stopped riding motorbikes around the house. The last one I caught was 1.4 mtr Dugite which was hanging around one of our sheds.

Tags
house, snake