Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

My only problem with bike riders (and i am soon to become one so i'll learn from their mistakes) is that a majority of them that i encounter sit in my blind spot....this annoys me. Saying this, motorists do this aswel, but the chance of killing someone on a motorbike from people sitting in your blind spot is far greater.

Id rather not go to jail for manslaughter for the stupidity of another. Also agree, id rather a bike go 70 in a 60 zone so i know the chance of me hitting them is far less. As for going up the middle, does it really bother you so much? I think its rather petty, but thats just my opinion.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Scoobie Noobie

benmoran at standard level

I agree with pete. IMO, Bikes are much more dangerous than cars for the person operating them. I always take extra caution when I see someone on a bike because if you do so much as tap someone on a bike, you could knock them off and kill them. Tap someone in a car in the same circumstance, they it is much less likely they will be harmed.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:33 AM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

Thought this would be appropreate

Quote:
I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But you didn't see me playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant. But you didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I drove by. But you didn't see me driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children. But you didn't see me when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you stare at my long hair. But you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves. But you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none.

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos. But you didn't see me cry as my children were born and have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere. But you didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be. But you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you yelling at your kids in the car. But you didn't see me pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me.

I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road. But you didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you race down the road in the rain. But you didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time. But you didn't see me trying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in. But you didn't see me leave the road.

I saw you waiting impatiently for my friends to pass. But you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you go home to your family. But you didn't see me. Because I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a bikie. A person with friends and a family. But, you didn't see me.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

I saw you go home to your family. But you didn't see me. Because I died that day you cut me off.

I always keep an eye out for bikes, nearly everyone in my family has one. And every get together everyone goes on how cars dont see them and they have run ins and
drivers say 'sorry, i didnt see you'

But today i saw some fuckwit on a black bike, wearing black leathers, with no lights on and it was raining.
Thats just asking for trouble. Bet he goes and craps on to his mates that 'noone sees him'

When i finally get off my arse to buy a bike, its going to be bright yellow.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Sir AntiLag

bullet at standard level

i would like thank everbody for their imput into this discussion,it has been very interesting.
regards steve
Old 08-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

chee at standard level

lane splitting is fine. if i see a bike coming down the middle ill pull to the edge of the road.

riders tend to be more clued up on the street and safer.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Sir AntiLag

bullet at standard level

lane splitting is fine,if it done correctly.passing over the white line is illegal. even if your bike is on one side of the line & you put your foot down on the otherside ,it is wrong
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Well you seem to be the only one who cares so get over it.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Tags
bikes, clowns, motor