Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Sir AntiLag

Makavel at standard level
Default New Fpv GT

sexi time
Attached Thumbnails
FPV_GT1_m_m.jpg  
Old 20-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

hsv wannabe.
Old 20-02-2008, 12:00 PM
STI Master

Wrexter at standard level

agreed

still hot tho.

i think fords are better built than holdens tho, i think theyre more reliable. Go ahead and critisise :P
Old 20-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexter
i think fords are better built than holdens tho, i think theyre more reliable. Go ahead and critisise :P
Have you owned both to be able to say that?

In regards to the experience of cars that my family has owned, I can safely say that our VS Commodore, VY SS Commodore and (so far) VE SS-V Commodore have been more reliable than our NC Fairlane, NF Fairlane and BA Fairmont Ghia.

The one thing that fucking shits me off about the Ford's, is the panel gaps in the interior. Interior fit and finish just isn't up there with Holden.

The VS commodore interior was povo, but the interior trim and panels actually fit nicer than the BA. In the BA, I can literally see under the centre console, in the gap between the shifter surround and the edge of the console, not to mention the unfinished and rough edges on all of the interior trim. My mates BFII XR6 Turbo is exactly the same.

I really hope Ford have got it right this time around, but we'll see.

The VY SS was a revelation compared to the BA's interior, and the VE is as good as anything I've ever seen.

The NF Fairlane is the only car we've owned that has had brand new genuine parts, fitted because of a breakage or failure, only to have the new parts fail after only a few months.

For example, I thought I'd do the right thing and buy a brand spanking new brake light switch, and it died after 2 months. A brand new heater hose split after 12 months!!!!! I was told by a Ford dealer not to buy their genuine rear window regulators as they are known to fail after a month or two due to vibration, so I bought non-genuine. SO far so good

Thats just in my experience..

P.S. price up some spare parts from Ford and Holden. The Holden parts are generally around 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the Ford parts.

Last edited by BALISTC; 20-02-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 20-02-2008, 12:13 PM
STI Master

Wrexter at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Have you owned both to be able to say that?

In regards to the experience of cars that my family has owned, I can safely say that our VS Commodore, VY SS Commodore and (so far) VE SS-V Commodore have been more reliable than our NC Fairlane, NF Fairlane and BA Fairmont Ghia.

The one thing that fucking shits me off about the Ford's, is the panel gaps in the interior. Interior fit and finish just isn't up there with Holden.

The VS commodore interior was povo, but the interior trim and panels actually fit nicer than the BA.

I can literally see under the centre console, in the gap between the shifter surround and the edge of the console.

Thats just in my experience..

no not from exp, as i said it was just my opinion.
Old 20-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
I totally agree! In my experience Holden is a lot better built car. The fords my family and myself have owned have been problems, yet the holdens have been nothing but realiable. Although I must say the Ford Cortina station wagon we owned was a genuine workhorse until I wrote it off.
I owned the infamous 89 EA S Pac.......what a total shitter that car was, one thing after another.

I actually quite like the look of the new ford but from past experience would never buy a Ford again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 20-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

holdens do hold their value bit better than fords too...wouldnt buy either new just because of that.

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 20-02-2008, 12:27 PM
STI Master

Evo2 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi
I totally agree! In my experience Holden is a lot better built car. The fords my family and myself have owned have been problems, yet the holdens have been nothing but realiable. Although I must say the Ford Cortina station wagon we owned was a genuine workhorse until I wrote it off.
I owned the infamous 89 EA S Pac.......what a total shitter that car was, one thing after another.

I actually quite like the look of the new ford but from past experience would never buy a Ford again.
x2

Abosolute machines!

Was this one backed with a 250 X flow ?

250 X flow cortinas ftw!
Old 20-02-2008, 02:03 PM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi
I owned the infamous 89 EA S Pac........
ahh yes, mine was a hand-me-dowm from the folks, dec 87 ea sports pack, not the mpi or the 5 speed manual as the "sports pack" moniker would suggest but the powerhouse two injector throttle body and the 3 speed auto!

on my p's it was entrusted to me with a mere 22,000kms in 1994!

after 19 years in the family it was finally traded in on my tyhoon, a shadow of its former glory self and it was a sad day letting it go.

it was afectionaly dubbed the "red baron" among my friends.

burnouts? most notible cypher industries road, wouldn't spin on the tarmac so got up on the grass cutting inbetween trees rally styles! fun times!

blue blood runs in my veins so, between my father and i we currently own two fords each a ebII fairmont ghia 5lt, dlII ltd 5lt, bfI ltd 5.4lt and bfI f6 typhoon.
Old 20-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
after 19 years in the family it was finally traded in on my tyhoon, a shadow of its former glory self and it was a sad day letting it go.
LOL I owned mine for about 3 years (5 speed manual, 3.9ltr FURY! ) and in that time it saw the bad side of 3 trees and countless burnouts and fishies in the wet, so I really shouldn't blame the car too much. I drove the car to the car yard with a snapped caliper (not smart but young and wasn't paying for a tow truck) and no reverse.
Traded it in for a VR 5L Commonwhore (loved this car).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!

Tags
fpv, gt