Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I think Blaise will be fine with a few corners
Old 28-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Hammer forza motorsport to death. FFS don't be that brave when doing the real deal but 147 corners is a LOT to learn. At least if you know which way the next one goes by heart it will be a lot less nerve racking.
While Blaise has a lot of track experience and (im sure) will be ok, thats the reason i chose the ring taxi. I can barely remember the turn in my street lol. If the oppertunity presents itself, i plan to drive a hire car around it. Albeit very slowly. But i dont think the 3rd is a tourist day!

Hundreds of lives lost or seriously injured, huge amounts of damage but if taxi crashes, im sure they have to foot the bill! Works for me (unless i die-but thats freebie LOL)

Internet rumours suggest that BMW claim each lap actually costs them 480 euro's. They Change the suspension / brakes / tyres fairly often (apprently they change suspension every 50 laps?).

After the a day at the 'ring, i can concentrate on more important things that happen in Germany in October. Just got to learn to enjoy beer..

Last edited by Mat; 28-02-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 28-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Hammer forza motorsport to death. FFS don't be that brave when doing the real deal but 147 corners is a LOT to learn. At least if you know which way the next one goes by heart it will be a lot less nerve racking.
Driving it in a video game is absolutely nothing like doing in real life. No matter how good the game it CANNOT give you the absolute thrill of dipping into the Karrussel, the gforces you experience on the slippery switch back of Adenau Forst or the shear pants moments of being overtaken on the outside of a corner by a Mk1 gold chasing a GSXR1000.
Old 28-02-2008, 01:52 PM

You're right mat, they run the ring taxi at a loss, but they change all the stuff you mentioned to supply the safest environment possbile.

Go to the International Beer Shop and tell them what you're going to do. They'll be able to recommend some brands etc to get your tastebuds into it. I couldn't stand beer until I'd had a real drop from Belgium. Now I have an appreciation for the amber stuff
Old 29-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Well yeh, i figure since im only in germany for a week its best to at least get a proper lap in! Ferrari have booked the track the next day or two, so the 3rd is my only chance.

Theres other options for better / faster cars but they start from 300 euros and rise quickly. Theres also a couple of porkas etc for hire BUT driving around a racetrack in a country i've never been to with no insurance in a Hi-Po car worth 50-100K is not something i plan on doing anytime soon

Sorry boys, she's not really my type but i'll take some photo's for you Like i said i have a spare seat if anyone wants to spend 2K on airfares to meet her!!!

Details... Is that 10th March 2008... ?

I am in the UK and still don't have a job, so if the spare seat is open then
I will fly across and join you on that lap. Will bring the HD cam also.

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]
Old 29-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Its in October, Fobz
Old 29-02-2008, 08:11 AM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

Just be wary of taking a generic hire car on the ring. Most hire agreements forbid it and I am lead to believe bounties are paid to people spotting hire cars driving the ring and considerable penaties are in the hire agreements.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???
Old 29-02-2008, 11:56 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
While Blaise has a lot of track experience and (im sure) will be ok, thats the reason i chose the ring taxi. I can barely remember the turn in my street lol. If the oppertunity presents itself, i plan to drive a hire car around it. Albeit very slowly. But i dont think the 3rd is a tourist day!

Hundreds of lives lost or seriously injured, huge amounts of damage but if taxi crashes, im sure they have to foot the bill! Works for me (unless i die-but thats freebie LOL)

Internet rumours suggest that BMW claim each lap actually costs them 480 euro's. They Change the suspension / brakes / tyres fairly often (apprently they change suspension every 50 laps?).

After the a day at the 'ring, i can concentrate on more important things that happen in Germany in October. Just got to learn to enjoy beer..
fuck me that blondie and beer both look tasty as !!!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR RA
Just be wary of taking a generic hire car on the ring. Most hire agreements forbid it and I am lead to believe bounties are paid to people spotting hire cars driving the ring and considerable penaties are in the hire agreements.
as per my sig!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
as per my sig!
Spot on Matt and i hear the rental policies have sowewhere round a 3000euro fine in them if caught doing so and have bounties out if someone dobs you in and spots your car on the track or in the carpark.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???

Tags
booked, germany, taxi