Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level
Default Let's talk about go karts.

BN01's thread and some talk of go-karting has given me ideas.

Please dont start blabbing about Belmont kart world etc, coz we've all been there.

I'm talking about racing. Competitive racing. Where to start? How does it work? Spill.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Sign me up!
Sir AntiLag

maniac at standard level
Send a message via MSN to maniac

If you just mean hiring of higher powered karts, try here: http://www.wannerookarthire.com.au/

If you're talking about actually purchasing a kart and entering into races then I dont know anything helpful
Old 06-03-2008, 06:44 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Booga at standard level

The two main surfaced tracks are Wanneroo and Cockburn. (Unless you are talking dirt karts)
http://www.kartingwa.com.au/kartclub_tiger.html

New karts via
http://www.kartmart.com.au/

Getting started:
http://www.kartmart.com.au/KM3gettingstarted.htm
Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Sir AntiLag

Yeah, interested in purchase and competition.

Well curious anyhow. Bit of a precursor to the construction of a dedicated track car.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

WRX020 at standard level

I've been racing sprint karts for more than 10 years now and my unlce is one of the best Kart tuners / engine builders in Australia.
for more info try;www.kartforce.com.au

As with race cars, starting karting, there are a lot of things you need to consider before jumping straight in with both feet.
Budget being the biggest factor / restriction facing anyone in motorsport.

You will also need to look at what you want from the sport and this will affect which club you join, what type of gear you purchase, how often you race, which kart shop / engine builder you go with etc,etc,etc.

Pm me if you would like some more info.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Sir AntiLag

Consider it done.

Gawd i love this forum.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Yeah it seems you can find anything you want between P-WRX Forums and Ebay...

Hey, I want a nanny. you know, to make sure my phone is always charged, start my shower a couple minutes before i go in in the mornings for it to warm up (and the Rex haha), and to sort out all the girls' phone numbers I get anyone know one?

*Magically there is a new member on the forums with like 270 posts that no-one's noticed before and has a display pic of her dusting a bookcase* "oh yes, i'm a nanny.... blabalblaa"
Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX.
*Magically there is a new member on the forums with like 270 posts that no-one's noticed before and has a display pic of her dusting a bookcase* "oh yes, i'm a nanny.... blabalblaa"
yes, but is she hot??

A friend of mine used to race karts with his old man and brother. I think getting some close friends/family involved would be a good thing if you can go to the same events all the time. Only need 1 trailer then and combined you'll come up with all the collective spares and knowlege you'll all need over time.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX020
I've been racing sprint karts for more than 10 years now and my unlce is one of the best Kart tuners / engine builders in Australia.
for more info try;www.kartforce.com.au

As with race cars, starting karting, there are a lot of things you need to consider before jumping straight in with both feet.
Budget being the biggest factor / restriction facing anyone in motorsport.

You will also need to look at what you want from the sport and this will affect which club you join, what type of gear you purchase, how often you race, which kart shop / engine builder you go with etc,etc,etc.

Pm me if you would like some more info.
Some good info there. 2 mates and myself recently went and bought 3 brand new rotax 125 karts. Said person could not have been ruder considering we were trying to sling $35k at him. Dont want to get into specifics but seems we aren't the only people to have had a run in. Having said that his workshop looks very well set up and I am sure that he produces great engines. He has certainly won some titles.

When they say the kart will cost $xyz ready to race that means nothing. Double it and then you will be ready to race. You need to allow for licenses / helmet / trolley / spares / depending on class tyres every meeting ($260 a set) / trailer / rib protector / shade for the track etc.

It is an awesome sport but it seems all of the 5 kart shops in town Cockburn / Wanneroo / Kartmart / Kartforce / Flat outs need a kick up the ass in terms of professionalism and customer service. Kartforce really pissed us off but he was not a lot worse than some of the others.

You should come down to a meeting before doing anything. There is one at Wundowie this saturday and then Cockburn next sunday. Everyone is extremely helpful and will tell you about the different classes and minimum weights etc.

I dont know if you are going it alone but try and get some mates involved aswell. Spreads the cost of the trailer etc and you motivate each other to get off your ass and go to events.

I am only new at this aswell but would be more than willing to help.

Cheers

Brendon
Old 06-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

WRX020 at standard level

Quote:
Some good info there. 2 mates and myself recently went and bought 3 brand new rotax 125 karts. Said person could not have been ruder considering we were trying to sling $35k at him. Dont want to get into specifics but seems we aren't the only people to have had a run in. Having said that his workshop looks very well set up and I am sure that he produces great engines. He has certainly won some titles.

Kartforce / Flatout / Kartmart,,,, MMS / ASG / Speedworks........
Personal preferance, horses for courses.

Tags
karts, talk