Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Why bother? It's fast enough.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Minor gains only as its N/A and the big gains on GTI and Polo are because they have underboosted torque managed turbo setups similar to Falcon XR6T.

They basically just don't use much boost and have all sorts of bullshit torque restrictions in first and 2nd and dont hold boost properly. So once thats all sorted and u add 1 or 2 psi it really hums. If you then just whack on an exhaust and injectors you can then run 1 bar and have a solid 180-200kw GTI
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
I see what you mean, I pretty much ran the demo in Sport mode for the majority of the time. I found up to 60 if you gave it some shit, once you would shift to 4th and calm down it would want to jump straight back to 3rd and keep the revs up.(once back in auto mode)

Did you step on the brakes at all? I jumped on them and just about flew through the windscreen. I was so impressed with the braking
Yeah, I gave the car a extensive thrashing for lack of a better word. Braking power is more then enough for a car of its nature.

Relating back to the box issue - Im more inclined to say the issue was on deceleration. My example, slowing down into a turning lane to cross a major road, some traffic was coming, but at a distance where one would say bugger it ill nail and it and go.

Nailing it meant it wasnt sure if it wanted to be second or in first, and there was a noticeable and pant browning moment of waiting while it decided

Handling it not too bad, but the TC light will flash like a christmas tree if you nail it mid corner. Front is a little loose, but I highly doubt its going to get driven in that nature often.

Turning it off meant it was a giggle of a ride, you could have quite alot of fun while knowing it was still going to respond to inputs from the driver.

Im mostly impressed with the layout inside the car. Everything makes sense - tons of storage room, dials are nice and neat, seats comfy. Typical VW smarts.

Once again, good buy. Id happily roll a black one lowered on some rims as a daily car.

A tune alone will increase power and torque by 10%.. which would rock.

Wonder if transmission mapping can be altered.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I think at the moment they just have issues with upgrading the DSG internals and clutches. Currently made in uobtanium only. Though I am sure RAmon could source a DSG that handles 1000hp without making more than 2 phone calls to a foreign country.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
Looks like I just quacked on one of these bad boys.

I sign the papers tomorrow.

Got a TSi in Candy white with the DSG Box
Bi Xenons included and driveaway for $3000 less than RRP. I am really happy with the deal plus the vehicle is in stock! Something very rare it turns out with VW's

I hopefully pick it up Monday if I am back from work in time
Congrats on the new TSI Dan! We bought my wife the same car DSG box, bi-xexons, leather seats, blah blah back in Oct 07. The car is amazing but takes some getting used to with brakes and tranny. She fills it up once every 3 weeks currently. Check out http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au if you want some info on mods etc.
Cheers Dave
Old 07-05-2008, 09:12 AM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
I think at the moment they just have issues with upgrading the DSG internals and clutches. Currently made in uobtanium only. Though I am sure RAmon could source a DSG that handles 1000hp without making more than 2 phone calls to a foreign country.
Got nothing to do with the strength of the things - moreso the electronic controls which decide what gear to be in depending on throttle, speed etc etc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-05-2008, 01:13 PM
STI Master

agentorange at standard level

Nice work...congrats mate!!!

My mate brought his down to the last PWRX track day and gave it a flogging...he said it all worked quite well!
My rhymes are stronger than ammonia
I'm a diamond, you're a cubic zirconia
Old 07-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Thanks for the response guys.

I pick it up next wednesday
Old 15-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Well everybody, I picked the car up last night!

First impressions of the car far exceed what I was expecting. The car is direct, has plenty of power and is finished absolutely perfectly!

I got to the dealership and the vehicle was inside the showroom ready to go.
The pre delivery from Iain the salesman was second to none, he put me to shame when it came to the deliveries I used to do at Mazda that is for sure! The pre delivery ran for about 30 minutes and he covered the ENTIRE car, from checking oil to changing the tyres.

Now the downsides...
When I was leaving I went to wind the drivers window down with the auto function to find that it was not working. It didn't work going up either. All the other windows worked as they should though.
Iain jumped in and reset the whole car and re configured everything. Still no good. He tried a couple more things before getting the service manager. He came out and tried holding the switch down for 3 seconds which didn't fix it.
A mechanic came out with the computer and plugged it in. Iain and I left them whilst I went and drolled over a R50 and R32 and wished I have $20 - $60K more so I could have bought one of these instead!
We got back and it wasn't fixed. They will have to replace the switch by the looks. This is absolutely no problem with me as they tried their best and it was probably done via the window tinters that day more than it being a fault in the vehicle from factory.
This morning on my long drive to work (260km) I noticed when I got past 6000rpm a terrible vibration would start in the top airvent on the dash.

The way I see it if they are the only 2 things wrong with the vehicle, I am doing pretty bloody good!

Anyway the detailers at the dealership did such a brilliant job of cleaning it, however that only lasted a night.

This is the culprit (the 20km access road to the dam I am working at, the moment

This is the photo nobody wants to take with a brand new car!
Old 15-05-2008, 09:44 AM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Congrat's Dan!

looks good in white!

Ottinger kit, and merc wheel's.. DO IT!

Tags
drove, golf, test, today, tsi