Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2014, 05:09 PM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

7 is easy. I got to 16.5 iirc when I was in my younger and MUCH fitter footy days.

Biggest thing is to not gas yourself early, take it easy. And as with all running, training, lifting. Control your breathing
GOOSE (21-08-2014)
Old 20-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOSE View Post
Does anyone have any pointers for running a beep test?

I'm quite active with sport on weekends but that is pretty much it as work keeps me busy the rest of the time.

I'm not looking to smash any records but to be able to reach level 7 would be a starting point.

Has anyone performed a beep test and can clarify what sort of intensity is required to get a score like this?

Cheers
Level 7 is pretty much a brisk walk. Pretty easy to about 9-10ish then it starts getting harder, the turns are the key!

JDM version 3 STi RA
The Following User Says Thank You to V3 RA For This Useful Post:
GOOSE (21-08-2014)
Old 21-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Just zone out and run. Thafs all you can do.
GOOSE (21-08-2014)
Old 17-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Might as well bump this thread

So prior to going on holidays to China in January I weighed in at 103.4kg, most likely the most I've ever weighed.

Coming back from China again in October I had a bit list of stuff that needed to be done around the house and before I got married.

I've changed my food consumption habits (smaller portions of rice, more vegetables, leaner meats, less fat) a good two or three times throughout the year and the last big change was the complete removal of 3 or 4 coffees a day with 2 to 3 sachets of sugar.

Coming home from work I no longer sit down in front of the computer to either relax or remote into my desktop at work to continue where I left off, I now spend more time cleaning up the house, preparing dinner/cooking and trying to do some physical activity.

I should note that I do walk a lot around at work, including taking the stairs and also walk around the city on my lunch break when possible.

So jumping on the scales for the last week and a half and the same weight has been read back to me, 92.8kg.
Obviously I'm quite happy (wife is even happier) and I've found that getting motivated is now a lot easier than it was before.
Will be getting the dust off the bike this weekend and getting back into riding around the suburb every day after work.

I don't know if I can hit my high school weight of 82kg, but if I can get down to 85kg I will be fucking ecstatic!

RichX, grumpyrex, rjb and 3 others like this.
Old 24-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Did this one this afternoon. Such a mind battle coming onto the South Perth side on the way back to Old Swan Brewery. Headwinds were strong, very tough.

Good run though if you're up for the challenge!

red dragon2002 likes this.
Old 25-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

Just getting back into running after a long break (2 years) and slowly building up my stamina and distance. I use to really enjoy it and would run 8 -10 kms kms 3 or 4 times week. Once my mum got sick I always thought I needed to be contactable and near a car and didn't go out as much. Once she passed away I had no motivation what so ever and stopped running completely and started to put on weight. Its taken my over 2 years to get back into it but I am starting to enjoy it again. Plus I have already lost 2 kgs.

At the moment its only on a treadmill but once my fitness gets back to where it was I will start running in the public again. I had three or 4 different routes and am looking forward to seeing if I am still able to match the old times.

Weight wise I would like to get back to around 75 kgs. I am around 90 kgs at the moment so am looking end of January to met that goal. Soft drink has been completely cut out as I was drinking at least a can a day and more on the weekends. Fast food is also gone as is the chocolate bar everyday.

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 25-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 25-11-2014, 02:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
7 is easy. I got to 16.5 iirc when I was in my younger and MUCH fitter footy days.

Biggest thing is to not gas yourself early, take it easy. And as with all running, training, lifting. Control your breathing
16.5 so 1 level of the highest score in the AFL national draft?

With a result like that, even if you could say football you'd be drafted.
Top-Deck likes this.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 27-11-2014, 11:37 AM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape juice View Post
16.5 so 1 level of the highest score in the AFL national draft?

With a result like that, even if you could say football you'd be drafted.
I was fit as fuck back then, and trained with guys who played for East Perth and guys who were drafted. May not have been 16.5 but it I know it was pretty high. Was highest in my team at the time, as well as the quickest sprinter in my year for yrs 11 and 12. Was fucking years ago and can't remember shit from my teens.
Old 27-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Riggs can say football but can't spell it.
Old 27-11-2014, 03:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
I was fit as fuck back then, and trained with guys who played for East Perth and guys who were drafted. May not have been 16.5 but it I know it was pretty high. Was highest in my team at the time, as well as the quickest sprinter in my year for yrs 11 and 12. Was fucking years ago and can't remember shit from my teens.
Fair call, it's just impressive as. Anything above 14/15 is a pretty elite level. Best i made was 13.8 in year 12, same situation training with the west perth lads.

I havent done a beep test since. I'd dare say i'd be struggling by 12/13

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing