Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2008, 09:00 AM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

To be honest you couldnt go wrong with a CBR250RR. Quicker then all the 250's bar the two strokes, and handle pretty good too.

If you are looking at upgrading to a 600 or bigger the CBR is the closest feel you will get to the bigger bikes, especially if you are going to a sports bike. and believe me you will need all the help you can get because the difference in performance is HUUUUGGGGEE!

Hyosungs are not my cup of tea, sloppy suspension, high seating position, crap turning circle and not as quick as other 250's out there.

2 strokes are quicker but do require a lot more maintenence.

Whatever bike you do go for take it to one of the trackdays that Perth Street Bikes do up at wanners, best way to learn how to ride propperly.

Dont bother spending shitloads on a 250, you will want more power as soon as you get used to riding it and within the year you will be sitting for your R class. People sometimes say they will only stick with a 250 and wont go bigger. When they get beaten by a V6 commodore the generally change their mind LOL.
Old 31-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Id get the cheapest, easiest to maintain 250 you can. Something thats not going to break and will get you by until you can upgrade to the larger license.

Another option to consider would be to get an older RGV250 or Aprilia 250, maybe even a 125 Mito/Cagiva track bike and. Just use it for track days.

If you have a bunky and trailer, this would be the best bet for preparing for a bigger bike. Stay off the road while your learning on the 250, get use to the bike and when its time to get a bigger, nicer bike, you actually can ride a bit. : )
Old 31-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Sav at standard level

My first was an RS250. These bikes can't be beaten in the fun department. They handle like a pushbike and keep you well on your toes once you hit powerband.

My mates went for the CBR250RR's which, besides getting from A-B, aren't exciting to ride...

Maintenance costs were never an issue and were cheaper than their failing cbr's which constantly needed parts replaced.

This is what I personally experienced owning a 2-stroke, they have a bad stigma for being expensive to own and maintain which often isn't the case. But good work on getting your bike license!
Old 31-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee
should be getting it licensed in the next couple of weeks. been flat out with getting a license and uni and stuff.

get hid's brendan!
yeah might hey...people will complain though
Old 31-05-2008, 05:45 PM
STI Master

Thodd at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan08
yeah might hey...people will complain though

Better than them not seeing you and the ambulance peeling you off the road with a shovel.
Old 31-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

wai yuh
Old 01-06-2008, 08:43 AM
STI Master

MaD_OwNeD at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitShine
yeah the 08 Ninja's don't look as aggressive tho. hmmm. For those who own the GT250R how do you find the bike
i haven't any trouble with mine since owning it since new and like most bikes you can do a few mods to improve the acceleration and top end. personally i wouldn't bother spending any more on a 250 like some are priced at so the hyo's are pretty good for the price despite some stories on them, but like any bike there are always ppl bashing it, as after a year you will only be upgrading to a bigger bike anyways. haven't put mine up for sale yet as i've already upgraded to a bigger bike, you can come check it out if you want and test ride it as i should be putting it up for sale pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan08
great man...
only thing that i have a problem is, is the hyosung headlight.
its not that great. and the turning circle is absolute crap!
what bike with fairing has a decent turning circle anyways! plus you can make any bike with fairing turn just as good as a naked bike, given the right seating position and enough lean. yer i agree with the headlight on the hyo's!

Last edited by MaD_OwNeD; 01-06-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

i know the old gpx's while arent as quick as cbr250RRs,but have a good turning circle and a really comfortable riding position plus the new 250R is awesome looking with the new farings. plus the kawaka 250 is proven for reliablity. my brother had 1 for 18months. was used and had a fair few kms on it. never had a problem except for when he left the lights on. flat battery. but was easily push started FTW!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

trusti rex at standard level

honda vtr250. probably one of the better naked 250's around. they're solid built, handle good, keep their value, resonably quick and they have that v2 sound! aprilia rs250's as mentioned before are quick - think 600cc quick. wayne gardner test rode one and a journo on a gixxer 600 could not get past him (on a track)!! no offence to anyone who has one i'm sure they do the job but i wouldnt be seen dead under a 4wd on a hyosung. it's probably only because i have been spoilt riding an italian bike and once you've ridden one you cannot downgrade!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Sir AntiLag

UNDRGND at standard level

is this your first bike?

Tags
250cc, bike, opinions