Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2008, 10:22 AM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

What gym are you going to? I goto Coliseum in Joondalup. Its an AWESOME gym if you are in the area and havn't signed up anywhere yet.
Old 13-06-2008, 11:58 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by doadrift
What gym are you going to? I goto Coliseum in Joondalup. Its an AWESOME gym if you are in the area and havn't signed up anywhere yet.
Is that the one with the fish symbol on the front? I always thought that was a religious gym because of the fish!?
Old 13-06-2008, 12:06 PM
STI Master

I think the guys that own it are christians but they arent born again in your face mention it all the time kind of christians. infact they have never even mentioned it to me. The owners are great theyw ill always stop for a chat and to help you out. Also will answer any questions about certains excercises, dieting etc. Ive got several friends to sign up and they love it there because it has a more "homely" feel to it. They arent a big business like zest and stuff.
Also the owner has won heaps of awards for bodybuilding and the gym is aimed at weights instead of have 10,000 cardio machines like most gyms looking to cash in on women after winter haha.

It has everything you need including boxing circuits and stuff. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 13-06-2008, 12:09 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Cool sounds good. I go to Arena which is shit. Might give that place a try.
Old 13-06-2008, 12:39 PM
STI Master

Yeh come and have a chat to Mike, hes the owner. Its a really friendly place everyone is really nice and not upthemselves like at alot of other gyms.
Old 13-06-2008, 02:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sti_Ra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by doadrift
I do each muscle group once a week. By the time you get through them all and have 2 days of rest you should be ready to go again.

Usually try to use groups that arent directly used together. Like dont do Chest and back in the same day, or Biceps and Triceps.

My routine at the moment while I'm on my winter bulk is:
Monday: Chest/Biceps
Tuesday: Back/Triceps
Wednesday: Shoulders/Calves
Thursday: Legs/Abs+lowerback
Friday: Cardio
Sat + Sun: Rest

I also east 6 meals a day consisting of Weightgain protein shake + Oats for breakfast, lots of chicken, steak and potatos.

Also using NOXPLODE creatine 45mins before workouts.

During workouts I usually do sets like:
Set1: 12 reps
Set2: 12 reps up weight
Set3: 8-10 reps heavy set
Set4: 10-12 reps down weight

Usually you Bulk near the end of summer then 4 months out from Summer Cut (Lots of cardio, isolation excercises, more salads, fruit and fish). Remember that cardio does wear down lean muscle so when you Cut you will lose a little bit of lean muscle but if you bulk/cut for several years you will get used to it.

Just remember to push hard, lift heavy and concentrate on your form.

First of all this a very great answer , complete with tips as well, which is according to the question... Excellent!

Now, looking at ur Mon/tues/wed, wouldn't it better to change the shoulder/ tricep to another day because u just hit tricep/or shoulder indirectly on ur chest workout like bench press, cuz i thought they need rest a day/2?

and is it really enough to only hit each muscle a week rather than twice a week? what im thinking to do is

1 day - chest,tricep shoulder

3rd day - back,bicep

and repeat it twice a week

or just one muscle like yours and do it once a week is better?
Old 13-06-2008, 05:01 PM
STI Master

That guide was rough I tend to mix it up each week to make it more fun. Your right that you hit it indirectly but because you give them the 5 or so days to rest its ok. If you are doing them twice a week you aren't leaving them enough time to heal and you wont be lifting as heavy meaning not as big gains.

Somethings do work differantly for differant people though, however I suggest trying each group once a week and pushing the absolute heaviest you can while you are bulking. Your body can handle ALOT more than the brain lets you know so you will get used to your "second wind".

If your doing 4 excercises on your chest and pushing the absolute heaviest you can and repping it out you will feel it over the week and I guarantee after a good day it WILL take the 5 or so days until the tension goes back to normal.

If you are cutting and therefor Isolating certain muscles for more reps at lower weights then doubling up during the week would probably be ok as your trying to tone.

If you havn't checked out www.bodybuilding.com yet get on there and have a look at some of the routines on there. As I said you will notice differant things work for differant people and mixing it up to find what works best for you is part of the fun.

Never let it get boring, Gym is fun time not a chore!

Also one last tip that i was told by a friend (who is huge btw) he told me to put gym above everything else, never miss a night. Once you make an excuse for one night you will do it again and again and again. If your mate asks you to goto the movies at 6pm and thats your gym time its OK to say "I'm sorry mate, I finish gym at 7 so after that is fine".
Old 13-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Sir AntiLag

SpitShine at standard level

how much is it to join coliseum? both on peak and off-peak. i hear good things
Old 13-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Sir AntiLag

nicecar at standard level

ive been to coliseum, arena, craigie leisure....would rate craigie over coliseum...but its still a sweet gym and the owners dont try to pressure new members to the 1 yr membership like most places do.

Wouldve stuck with craigie if i didnt move south of river.

Telling people to lift "absolute heaviest" isnt the best advice, going to lead to bad form and injury - Prob the mistake i made with squats when i started gyming. Heavy deep squats = not so great for knees. Ide say focus more on form with an amount you can lift with proper form and pyramid down 12, 10, 8, 6 etc.

Cheating with heavy weight has its place but not so much for a beginner.. Everyone is different and a lot depends on genetics so youll have to figure out what works for you not going to bodybuilding sites and trying to copy a pro bodybuilders routine. As said above use as many freeweights as possible and diet plays 70% of any results youll see.

Last edited by nicecar; 13-06-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 13-06-2008, 11:25 PM
STI Master

jedi_luke at standard level

whats a good ab workout routin?
also are any of thoes suppliment things any good?

Tags
routine, tips, workout