Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2008, 12:30 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sti_Ra at standard level

So if i don't want to go to big like beach/model body.. i just stick to the 3 x 10 - 12 for every exercise everytime like bicep curl/bench press? and stays the same weight forever without increasing it?
Old 14-06-2008, 03:28 AM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

If you want to be toned you lower the weight and do more reps like 20-30 per set. Also mix alot of cardio into your routine.

When I said lift heavy I also did say when bulking. And also I did say to concentrate heavily on form. You will do more damage lifting 150kg with shitty form than good. But also if you are comfortably lifting a certain amount then you are cheating yourself. If its compfortable its easy. If its easy its not pushing your body.

I dont really get what you want out of the gym. Do you want size or fat loss? Or just to get some excercise?
Old 14-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Sir AntiLag

nicecar at standard level

20-30 per set? You cant be serious. Your not going to get huge overnight if it was that easy everyone would be massive. You will be lucky to see 5kg of muscle per yr, assuming your diet and exercise is spot on...unless your on roids or have good genes (I hate you nick).

You know what your best bet is...go see your gym about making you a routine, they will include the big 3 - bench, possibly deadlift, and squat. Most gyms offer a free evaluation/gym routine when you join anyway. Suppliments are good yes, but they arnt going to make you big you need around 2g of protein per kg of body weight...all of this depends on what type of body you have etc so your not going to get exact answers off a car forum.
Old 14-06-2008, 12:15 PM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar
20-30 per set? You cant be serious. Your not going to get huge overnight if it was that easy everyone would be massive. You will be lucky to see 5kg of muscle per yr, assuming your diet and exercise is spot on...unless your on roids or have good genes (I hate you nick).

You know what your best bet is...go see your gym about making you a routine, they will include the big 3 - bench, possibly deadlift, and squat. Most gyms offer a free evaluation/gym routine when you join anyway. Suppliments are good yes, but they arnt going to make you big you need around 2g of protein per kg of body weight...all of this depends on what type of body you have etc so your not going to get exact answers off a car forum.
Did you even read my post or previous posts?
Old 14-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Sir AntiLag

Yes, did you?

I agree with most of what you said, except the last advice. I know how to read, thanks for asking but.
Old 14-06-2008, 08:16 PM
STI Master

He asked about toning... Its a proven teqnique to up the reps and lower the weight to tone. Your not trying to build size when toning, you should have done that on your bulk. But if thats how you feel thats fine.

Sorry if I sounded rude aswell, I thought you might have thought I meant hi reps to bulk. I also didn't understand why you would say its wrong but then not offer a correct (or more correct) answer?

Last edited by doadrift; 14-06-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 14-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Sir AntiLag

My answer would be yes if you want to "tone" with high reps do it every 2nd/3rd week. A years worth of proper training will get you to a "tone" muscle size then you could maintain it at that point by reducing your training days etc.

Good luck.
Old 15-06-2008, 03:45 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sti_Ra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by doadrift
If you want to be toned you lower the weight and do more reps like 20-30 per set. Also mix alot of cardio into your routine.

When I said lift heavy I also did say when bulking. And also I did say to concentrate heavily on form. You will do more damage lifting 150kg with shitty form than good. But also if you are comfortably lifting a certain amount then you are cheating yourself. If its compfortable its easy. If its easy its not pushing your body.

I dont really get what you want out of the gym. Do you want size or fat loss? Or just to get some excercise?

yeah,basically i want to increase a little in mass and some amount of muscle.. so let say im a total begineer or newly fresh..

what are the steps to get into beach/model body types? so not bodybuilder types

cheers buddy
Old 15-06-2008, 09:52 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

fizzle85az at standard level

lol just workout as hard as you can. you won't get a bodybuilder's body, don't worry.
Old 15-06-2008, 12:40 PM
STI Master

If you want to get ready for the beach NOW is the best time to start. To be ready for NEXT Summer (not this coming summer).

Your best bet is to start bulking near the end of summer, as I said eat lots of steak, potatos, chicken, Fish and vegies. You want to have 6 small meals a day as it helps with your metabolism and your body realizes it doesnt need to store as mjuch energy because its getting constantly refueled.
Concentrate mainly on the heavier weight and lower reps and not to much cardio. You only want to be doing enough cardio to stop you from gaining to much Bodyfat, so once a week is usually ok but it depends on your body really.
About 4 months out from summer (Or the time you want to be ready) you should switch from your Bulk to your Cut. There is ALOT of info on www.bodybuilding.com about this.
Basically you are switching you meals more to oats for breakfast, lots of salad, fruit, fish (If you don't eat much fish then fish oil tablets are an essential) and you need to be very strict on your diet. Remember if you take in less Calories than you burn your Bodyfat% will drop which is what you are aiming at for your cut.
Do alot of Cardio like running, rowing and whatever you can keep busy. As I said earlier drop your weight and add more reps with your weights.

The best thing you can do is keep a good grasp on what you eat and how many calories you take in. The best advice I can give you for a cut (or even training altogether) is to STOP drinking alcohol, Coke etc. Coke and softdrink is to full of calories and you will never get your beach body while taking in to much sugar. 1 can of Coke = 190 calories which is about 45 mins or so on a treadmill.
Alcohol dehydrates your body and means you can push as hard, get tired easily and just dont feel like going 100%, it is also high in sugar. You dont need to stop completely with the alcohol but pick your times, maybe one good night out ever 2 weeks. Its upto you but just remember that whatever you drink you HAVE to burn off.

Also as fizzle said I wouldn't worry about getting as big as Arnie was, it take a LOT of time, effort and steroids to look like that! Most Natural Bodybuilders have the sort of beach body your talking about anyway.

Still the best advice I can give is to checkout www.bodybuilding.com and goto the "supersite" it has everything you want to know and more and its written by people who know what they are talking about.

Best of luck.

Tags
routine, tips, workout