Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2008, 08:58 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

theprotest at standard level

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper89
Big Bunbury rounda-bout ey? yeah... fuck me you can only honk so much..
'Ken oath mate! The WORST.

Cheers,
Nik
Old 14-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

This is why the number one road rule is don't trust any other cunt on the roads
Old 14-07-2008, 09:11 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi,

'Ken oath mate! The WORST.

Cheers,
Nik
Embarrasing to say but my names scratched into the nearest light pole too yet another victim in the bunky
Old 14-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

When I learnt to drive, you ALWAYS indicated 90degrees to the exit you wanted to take.

I still do it and I think that is the best way on using a round a bout and I am very sure that is the law.

somebody call Carl O'Callaghan when he is on Mix 94.5 or 100.1 in the mornings
Old 14-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Flat Four Father

Huy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee
i dont understand some dickheads that indicate right and go straight. my house is on a street with 4 roundabouts. i swear to god i want to kill some of the drivers.
Awesome stretch of road, that one.

Stack that Cheese
Old 14-07-2008, 10:26 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

[QUOTE=Matatak]
Also never assume that if someone is indicating that they are actually following through with that Action. an indicator is just that...an Indication.
QUOTE]

x2 I remember a certain incident were a tarago came up to a roundabout with his left indicator on. My first instinct was to not trust a tarago because its most likely an asian driver (flame suit on) Sure enough, it was an asian driver and he went straight through. (also factors from my last point let me know he wasn't turning)

My understanding when this rule came into place was that, you must indicate left as soon as you are taking the next exit. i.e. if you are going straight through a roundabout, no indicator until you have passed the left turn, then indicate left to say you're taking the next exit.

This makes perfect sense for a large double laned roundabout because it can be hard to see which entry every car came from, BUT, on a small single lane suburbian roundabout, it can be a nuisance. the distance between passing one exit and passing the next is miniscule and might only give enough time for one flash of the indicator. hardly enough to make let other drivers make their decision.

- also factor in manual drivers already having one hand on the gear stick - yes they should have changed gears before entering, but a lot of people don't- I would prefer they keep the other hand COMPLETELY on the wheel. releasing two fingers to turn on an indicator, especially if they are trying to turn the wheel at the same time is enough to lose control or to cause an incident.

When i come up to a roundabout, i dont look for indicators. You should be able to determine if a car is going straight, or turning left or right by his speed and entry angle! a bit of common sense and it is really quite easy to tell what another car is going to do before it even enters the roundabout.
Old 14-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Most people I see do the normal thing.... no indications if going straight... indicating right until they take the right hand turnoff and light goes off as steering wheel comes round... Same for left side.. .indicating left until the turning of the wheel turns that off.

It is not that hard.

The way I drive (and which has resulted in no accidents apart from 2 small small fender touches) is to disregard most of the indications and rely purely on speed. EG Does the person have enough speed through the turn to hit me if they wanted too. If I am able to leave the line fast enough that they couldn't hit me even if they wanted too then who cares if they indicated left right, nothing, up down. diagonal. or for the asian females "oh so sorry me no understand difference between brake and accelerator"
Old 14-07-2008, 11:39 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

As above from meatbag. My understanding of the law is as follows. {Edit} Polar bear jumped in the middle.

As you approach a roundabout, if you are turning immediate left or turning right you should indicate. If your going straight, don't indicate at all as you enter.

When it comes to exiting irregardless of left, right or straight, you indicate to exit at the exit before. So if your turning left, your indicating before you enter (as the exit you come in on, will be the exit before the one your exiting on. If your going straight you should indicate at the exit immediately before the exit your taking. If your turning right, you should continue to indicate right (to show other drivers you are continuing around the roundabout) until the exit before you wish to leave, at which stage you indicate left to signal your intention to leave at the next exit.

Really guys, it's not complicated at all. Majority of people know where the indicator stalk is, they know how to work it. It's not a hard task to use it!

What i don't understand is the people who are going straight that indicate right. If you see a car indicating right coming towards you, one would assume that they are turning right..!

I have to say though, my pet hate at roundabouts is people that stop! Despite being able to clearly see the whole roundabout even as the second car. People don't seam to understand the concept of give way and stop signs..!
Old 15-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemist
As above from meatbag. My understanding of the law is as follows. {Edit} Polar bear jumped in the middle.

As you approach a roundabout, if you are turning immediate left or turning right you should indicate. If your going straight, don't indicate at all as you enter.

When it comes to exiting irregardless of left, right or straight, you indicate to exit at the exit before. So if your turning left, your indicating before you enter (as the exit you come in on, will be the exit before the one your exiting on. If your going straight you should indicate at the exit immediately before the exit your taking. If your turning right, you should continue to indicate right (to show other drivers you are continuing around the roundabout) until the exit before you wish to leave, at which stage you indicate left to signal your intention to leave at the next exit.

Really guys, it's not complicated at all. Majority of people know where the indicator stalk is, they know how to work it. It's not a hard task to use it!

What i don't understand is the people who are going straight that indicate right. If you see a car indicating right coming towards you, one would assume that they are turning right..!

I have to say though, my pet hate at roundabouts is people that stop! Despite being able to clearly see the whole roundabout even as the second car. People don't seam to understand the concept of give way and stop signs..!
Correct, It's got me fucked why the government has never run TV adds showing people the right way to use a roundabout, would save heaps of minor accidents & save a lot of resources like police, ambulance, hospitals etc etc.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 15-07-2008, 02:15 AM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza
Correct, It's got me fucked why the government has never run TV adds showing people the right way to use a roundabout, would save heaps of minor accidents & save a lot of resources like police, ambulance, hospitals etc etc.
they did a while back

"in, give way, out, indicate"

Tags
continued, rage, road