Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-2008, 11:18 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX

I was pissed about this contract as it was not shown to me until after I had accepted the job, and given notice at the old job.
Since you hadn't seen the contract, you must not have signed the contract, so therefore it was not legally binding AFAIK. I would have queried the contract once you saw it (you probably did), and if they refused to change those crazy conditions, I would have told them to shove it and asked (grovel) for my old job back.

Life lesson - never put in resignation until you see the new contract in writing. Don't trust what people say will be in a contract.

But yeah, as others said, 8 weeks notice, crazy, just leave.
Old 25-11-2008, 11:23 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

Also, you should mention to your boss that their contract is probably in violation of the Minimum Conditions of Employment Act 1993 as you should be entitled to 2 weeks sick leave (= 2 x 5 days = 10 days) a year - Provided you are employed full time.

http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/LabourRel...ents/sick.html
Old 25-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx_rider
Since you hadn't seen the contract, you must not have signed the contract, so therefore it was not legally binding AFAIK. I would have queried the contract once you saw it (you probably did), and if they refused to change those crazy conditions, I would have told them to shove it and asked (grovel) for my old job back.

Life lesson - never put in resignation until you see the new contract in writing. Don't trust what people say will be in a contract.

But yeah, as others said, 8 weeks notice, crazy, just leave.
There was no mention of any contract of any form. I had the interview, met the criteria and was made an offer. (not to mention that the offer was inclusive of super so I actually earn 9% less than I expected).
I understand the reason he has done it is due to being a small business, he needs to retain staff. He has just gone the wrong way about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx_rider
Also, you should mention to your boss that their contract is probably in violation of the Minimum Conditions of Employment Act 1993 as you should be entitled to 2 weeks sick leave (= 2 x 5 days = 10 days) a year - Provided you are employed full time.

http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/LabourRel...ents/sick.html
Yeah I was aware of this already, hence why I was wondering if the contract is now deemed void. I am employed full time on salary, dont think being on salary changes things does it?
Old 25-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Scoobie Noobie

damosliberty at standard level

Speaking of employment contracts etc, my girlfriend was harrassed at work by another staff member via email, which she kept, thankfully, but unthankfully her computer crashed so she is unable to make a statment without evidence etc, is anyone on here in IT and knows how to retrieve lost data? Is it possible that we can get this info back if it was saved to the computer? Anyone who could advise me in what to do in this situation, any help would be great as my girlfriend has now had to leave her job because of this incident at work. cheers in advance, Damo
Old 25-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Sethor at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Sethor Send a message via MSN to Sethor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX
Thats part of the reason i want to leave. Since the aussie dollar went to shit, machine vision gear is not in as much of a demand. A few weeks ago I spent all day 4 days in a row looking at all the cyanide and happiness comic strips. Doing nothing takes its toll.
Just ask your boss if you can leave sooner, if it is that quiet some employers would be glad to let go some staff.
Old 25-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by damosliberty
Speaking of employment contracts etc, my girlfriend was harrassed at work by another staff member via email, which she kept, thankfully, but unthankfully her computer crashed so she is unable to make a statment without evidence etc, is anyone on here in IT and knows how to retrieve lost data? Is it possible that we can get this info back if it was saved to the computer? Anyone who could advise me in what to do in this situation, any help would be great as my girlfriend has now had to leave her job because of this incident at work. cheers in advance, Damo

If it happened on her work network and they use exchange all you need to do is get IT to retrieve the message from the Server.

It will take all of 1 second.
Old 25-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Hey Corry, hand your notice in & take long lunch breaks, come to my place & prep the wagon (only 5 min away from your work)........double pay & you will be busy for a while, fukn easy mate.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 26-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Scoobie Noobie

damosliberty at standard level

Thanks Dan much appreciated!

Tags
contracts, employment