Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Pet hates (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/24140-pet-hates.html)

V3 RA 23-01-2009 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=mattmy99]If it is the law, there must be a loop hole somewhere (in regards to the maximum of 14 days).
I work 28 days on, 12 hrs a day, then 9 days off, and have done for 3 years.[/QUOTE]

cha ching!

that some serious hours :eek:

meatbag 24-01-2009 03:39 AM

my law is just heresay at the moment. but every minesite I have been at had this rule in place and have been told by numerous people from lots of different sites the same thing. do you do 28 straight dayshifts? or is there a shiftchange in the middle, because 24hrs off for a shiftchange is technically a day off.

mattmy99 24-01-2009 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=meatbag]
...do you do 28 straight dayshifts? or is there a shiftchange in the middle, because 24hrs off for a shiftchange is technically a day off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all day shifts. 6am-6pm for 28days straight. No night shifts.

Hurtenstein 25-01-2009 08:06 PM

K-Band.
Wankers that put up for sale ads and never have their phone on.
People who are late.

Evo2 25-01-2009 08:43 PM

[QUOTE=phizzle]That's illegal isn't it? You need at least 24hrs between changes in shift?[/QUOTE]

My brothers company.... Don't mind helping out where needed. :)

Evo2 25-01-2009 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=mattmy99]If it is the law, there must be a loop hole somewhere (in regards to the maximum of 14 days).
I work 28 days on, 12 hrs a day, then 9 days off, and have done for 3 years.[/QUOTE]

Mate, are you by any chance working down south at the moment or some time in the near future, around pinjarra/waroona laying a certain pipeline ? :)

V3 RA 25-01-2009 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=Evo2]Mate, are you by any chance working down south at the moment or some time in the near future, around pinjarra/waroona laying a certain pipeline ? :)[/QUOTE]

is that the gas pipeline? i was hearing they are paying ridiculous amounts of money for workers???

Evo2 25-01-2009 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=evo 298]is that the gas pipeline? i was hearing they are paying ridiculous amounts of money for workers???[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate, the gas pipeline...

I should be there within 2 weeks.. As Matt said, 28 on 9 off.

We've got the easiest job of all tho..... traffic control. :rolleyes:

$$$ :D

V3 RA 25-01-2009 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=Evo2]Yeah mate, the gas pipeline...

I should be there within 2 weeks.. As Matt said, 28 on 9 off.

We've got the easiest job of all tho..... traffic control. :rolleyes:

$$$ :D[/QUOTE]

sweeett.

how much are they actually paying? guys at work were talking about it and thinking of applying for it.

mattmy99 26-01-2009 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Evo2]Mate, are you by any chance working down south at the moment or some time in the near future, around pinjarra/waroona laying a certain pipeline ? :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, that'll be the one. I started as a surveyor on pipelines a few years back, now I'm in an office doing QA and GIS (geographic info - drawing, drafting, facebooking etc...)

The rates are ok, concidering it's so local (and not offshore) but I'm a subby, so cant really comment on what direct employee's are on.

Drop into the QA office some time, and say g'day.