Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level
Default Who's this. Cause for defamation case???

Up on "Perth Now"

Would you have cause for defamation as the car is pretty unique and could lead to confrontational situations with spankers who may have read this article.

Is about time the wankers that put this crap up get a few reality checks.

Don't disagree with getting a few of the worst drivers off the road though but posting up peoples cars sux balls.
Old 31-01-2009, 10:35 PM
WRXRW

"file footage"

looks like a melbourne car driven by a kebab shop owner, habib zabib.

94-96 if im not mistaken
Old 31-01-2009, 10:37 PM
WRXRW

cue batleb!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RJkVroT4o_M
Old 31-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Police have impounded 3823 vehicles since anti-hoon legislation came into effect in September 2004. Of the offenders charged, just 114 were women.
That's a harsh stat ..
Old 31-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

id like to know how many from each maker
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

saw that tonight at Malga Caltex near Maccas
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

the kiwi at standard level

Quote:
Police have received multiple complaints about the hoon activity and have homed in on the targets' previous convictions, which include serious traffic offences, reckless driving and driving under court-imposed suspensions.

``Because they know they are re-offending, they have gone to the trouble of having false plates and stolen plates to cover their identity because they have no intention of obeying the rules and the courts.
Brilliant. That articles are less about 'hoons' and more about targeting illegal drivers who happen to 'hoon'.

a subtle difference in my opinion.

i guess the article implies that that wrx is on the list.

I think it would be interesting, as already stated to note the make and models of these 'hoon vehicles'

On a related note; Speaking to a friend last night, I was informed that his younger brother in on a license suspension under hoon laws. Driving a banger Excel. Im told he deserved it, but no mention was made of the type of car in any media article.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

"Officers are rigorously patrolling specific areas in Kelmscott and Armadale, where 15 known hoon drivers live. "

lol
Old 01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

Yes it is a bit rich putting up a pic of someones car especially as there is no evidence to suggest that the car in the picture is being driven dangerously.

These 'hoon' laws leave me feeling a bit flicted...On the one hand I want the obviously reckless drivers and people doing donuts at the end of my street at 2am off the road but the wording of the laws and enforcement is so dodgy that it leaves you exposed to the harsh punishments for minor offences.

I have a real problem with the road laws and enforcement of anyway. You can get a quite rediculous fine for just straying over the speed limit on an empty freeway with a speed limit designed for cars 40 years a go yet it seems you can block the right lane, fail to indicate, fail to give way, feck up using a roundabout, be agressive and have a following distance you would struggle to kick a midget through etc with complete immunity from the police.

What are peoples opinions on the idea of prison terms for repeat offenders? Community service? How about a curfew and the electronic tags that people on parole wear so they can be tracked?

I think the system is not working if the people that are truly dangerous and cause trouble for the police are still able to get behind the wheel of a car.
Perhaps a prison term is a bit harsh and would not do some suggestable people any good but if you are prepared to do the crime you do the time right?

I like the idea of community service. You get given pink overalls and 100 hours to go around your own suburb and clean your shite up off of the roads and repair any damage you caused.

There is a house in the next suburb over from me that permanently has half a dozen cars in pieces on the front and the road around them is literally black with rubber leading from their drive...I feel so sorry for the people living close to them. I also notice that there are 2 or 3 houses either side of them for sale so again the system can't really be working.

Maybe the police should be allowed to beat people like you would a ginger stepchild. I doubt there would be any repeat offenders after a thorough 'talking to'.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviant
Maybe the police should be allowed to beat people like you would a ginger stepchild.
^ Waits for the backlash from the ginger/wranger/red headed p-diddy community....

All TIC lads

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
case, defamation