Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Diesel

Hi_VoLtAgE is unrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethor
Pretty sure they strip search you, it's not just a quick pat down & empty your pockets.
its just a pat down/empty pockets & detailes.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Just put them in your hat. Dogs cant sniff that high when you walk past quick apparently.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_VoLtAgE
its just a pat down/empty pockets & detailes.
Tell that to my mate

He was searched, forced to strip down to underwear etc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

easytiger at standard level

Poor girl was probably holding them for her and 2 mates, panicked with the cops searching and bombed them all..

Very unfortunate, i dare say she would probably still be alive if she wasn't intimidated by the cops with their sniffer dogs.

Imagine being one of her friends if she was holding for them..
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger
Poor girl was probably holding them for her and 2 mates, panicked with the cops searching and bombed them all..

Very unfortunate, i dare say she would probably still be alive if she wasn't intimidated by the cops with their sniffer dogs.

Ahh yeah no. In your world, she could have easily just thrown them away if she thought she would be caught.

Oh yeah, wasn't she dropped off so she didn't go through the police checks?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 AM
STI Master

reflexwrx at standard level

Prodigy were awesome, pushed through the sucurity to get into the boiler room then managed to make it to the middle section. That was the only act i saw as i turned up at 7:30pm but it was sure worth it. Free entry also helped me enjoy the show. Not sure if i would be too happy paying 130 bucks to watch the prodigy on a screen.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger

Maybe she shouldnt have been holding drugs? Then the sniffer dgos wouldnt have scared her?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Exclamation

NSW Ombudsman Review of the Police Powers (Drug Detection Dogs) Act 2001
Publication Date 9/14/2006

Report Summary
The power to use drug detection dogs to aid police officers in the detection of drug offences, particularly drug supply, was clarified and expanded by the Police Powers (Drug Detection Dogs) Act 2001 ('the Drug Dogs Act'), which commenced on 22 February 2002.

The Drug Dogs Act required the Ombudsman to monitor the use of drug detection dogs for a period of two years.Our review of the police use of drug detection dogs attracted unprecedented community interest, as evidenced by the number of telephone enquiries, complaints and submissions that we received.

Our review found that despite the best efforts of police officers, the use of drug detection dogs has proven to be an ineffective tool for detecting drug dealers. Overwhelmingly, the use of drug detection dogs has led to public searches of individuals in which no drugs were found, or to the detection of (mostly young) adults in possession of very small amounts of cannabis for personal use.

These findings have led us to question whether the Drug Dogs Act will ever provide a fair, efficacious and cost effective tool to target drug supply. Given this, we have recommended that the starting point, when considering this report, is to review whether the Drug Dogs Act should be retained at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When will the powers that be ever learn that prohibition will never work? It never has and never will. The only consequence is that it drives supply of the prohibited substance underground where all sorts of impurities and adulterants are added in the manufacturing and distribution chain.

Ecstasy in its pure form taken in small quantities whilst taking sensible precautions has never caused one death.
It is when quantities of impure forms of the drug are consumed with nill caution given to the the effects and consequences that deaths occur.

All the media and government hype and campaign of mis-information surrounding Ecstasy stems from the United States DEA classifying it as Schedule 1 prohibited substance in 1984. Then combined with the Regan govn't "War on Drugs" and "Just Say No" campaigns of 1985 and suddenly Ecstasy was classified as bad as Heroin in an uneducated public perceptions.

Ecstasy Rising, ABC News television documentary with Peter Jennings on the history of MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine) also known as ecstasy. It includes a short history of the drug and criticizes the negative health claims made by the U.S. government.

Peter Jennings - Ecstacy Rising

Watch this with your kids, friends and family and discuss the pro and cons. Don't bury your head in the sand and say it will never happen to me nor my children. To downright lie to kids alienates them from the start. The government thru its use of propoganda and the police has done a very good job of alienating an entire generation.

"Just say No" if you can. Please do.

But also consider the factors of peer group pressure , cost effectiveness of illegal drugs these days when compared to alcohol and the lure of doing something thats classified as illegal. Being the good kid out in a peer group is becoming very very hard these days.

No one deserves to die from making an un-educated silly mistake such as Gemma at the BDO. Condolences to her friends and family.

J
Old 04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

could not agree more !!!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Today tonight to the rescue.. here's a few quotes i liked..

"if there hadn't been sniffer dogs and police she would still be alive"

.. she still took the drugs - and had more with her - with the intention of taking more at the show.. she was the one who still dropped them, not the sniffer dogs.

"they aren't gonna catch drug dealers at shows like that.. why target single users"

.. umm.. where to begin?

When do people become adults, understand the risks they take and accept responsibility? Australia has fast become the land of "point the finger at something else" complete with a "i dont give a fuk" attitude.

Tags
bdo