Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

If everybody had ezitrak you wouldnt have these problems. Give them the keys what ever life is out of threat, then 1km down the road shut the engine down call the cops with location.done.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

klass8wrx at standard level

sorry to hear man. Car is mint. Will keep on the look out as your car is easy to pick out. Hope all ends well. Take care
Old 22-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

It's def a noticeable car, so will keep an eye out for it, had mine broken into last night, not sure if they were just having fun or really wanted it, but yeh, it's really not that safe anywhere at the moment by the looks of it. Good luck with the search and others have said, get in touch with Border Village as all cars heading east need to roll through there.
Old 22-02-2009, 09:42 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

silo's_sube at standard level

could you pm a contact no. just in case it is seen on the run....
bullsh*t news to hear!!! best of luck
Old 22-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex
It's def a noticeable car, so will keep an eye out for it, had mine broken into last night, not sure if they were just having fun or really wanted it, but yeh, it's really not that safe anywhere at the moment by the looks of it. Good luck with the search and others have said, get in touch with Border Village as all cars heading east need to roll through there.
Border Village you can go straight through ( if you don't need fuel ) when your going east. Ceduna is where you get pulled up.

Border Village when coming back west.
Old 22-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Sir AntiLag

Doms1 at standard level

Sorry to hear about your ride mate, all the luck it comes back to you in one piece. I have a Rotti, love to see these pricks jump my fence or try gettin into my pad lol. I'll keep an eye out in Clarkson area for ya mate!!!
Old 22-02-2009, 10:04 PM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

Thankyou everyone for your concerns and feedbacks, alot of great ideas that i've never thought about such as contacting the borders etc. Gps tracking system suddenly sounds like a very good investment, and if the car ever comes back, its prolly a good idea to put all the mods back on the insurance policy too. At least i'd get a pay out closer to what i've spent on the car if the car is stolen again.

Yea, no where really is safe nowadays, who wouldve thought placing keys inside my house is still not safe enough. still so easily taken by any random people. I don't think they will bash me for the keys if they couldn't find it, the forensics police have told me that most of the break ins happen when everyone is home sleeping. Because if no one is home, the alarm is on, the cars are not home, the keys and wallets are not home, not only it makes it hard for them to break in, but it makes it hard for them to steal anything valuable. whereas at night, alarms are off, keys, wallets, cars are home, especially on hot days when people turned on their central air con, some windows are normally left opened and unlocked. which makes sense. Forensic people also told me these people usually runs when they've realised they've disturbed the people in the house so that they cannot give police any description of what the theives looks like.

But still, i think from now on, i'll have to go to the extend of eating my keys everynight and shit it out the next morning when i need to drive the car, lol. no where really is safe anymore.

Thanks again for everyone who's been looking out for my car. My number is posted on the very first post. Thanks all.

Last edited by Shinobiken; 22-02-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 22-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

jesstamic at standard level

I thought I actually saw a very similar looking car today on my way to the meet and greet on orrong. It was sporting goverment plates but I only had like a 1sec glance so it could of been any white gc8 with aftermarket lip, black rims and a large wing.

I hope you recover it in one piece.
Old 23-02-2009, 12:00 AM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

yea, thats one of my concerns, with a number plates like that, if they wanna drive the car around, the theif would most likely steal a random number plate and swap it on.

i dun think the police would actually do a plate check on every gc8 they see and check if the plates matches the car description. so they would easily overlook my car if the plates were changed.

whats worst, if they're very smart, they'd steal number plates off a white gc8 with similar appearance so even if police do happen to check those fake plates it'd come back with the matching description. At least untill the owner of the wrx with stolen plate reports the plate being stolen.

still wondering what they want the car for.. joy ride? criminal get away car? strip and sell parts? so many possibilities. *sigh*
Old 23-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Used to see your car very often in the Bentley area maybe 3-4 years ago.

Sad to hear
Closed Thread

Tags
car, stolen