Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-2009, 06:58 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

IDOLYZ at standard level

Mortgage Choice are really good. They go to each bank and will give you the best deal (they get commission from the bank). Tell them i sent you and i get $100 cash, then I'll give you $50 pm me if interested.
Old 18-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

lol way to sell it next will be a free pizza with every mortgage.
Old 18-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

wilkem01 at standard level

If you get a chance go have a chat with a guy called Keith, he works at the National homes display house in New Haven estate in Canningvale.
Nice guy who has been in the industry for about 20 years so he knows what he is talking about.
Just started building with them myself and so far all has gone well.
Old 18-03-2009, 09:15 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

I went through Aussie (Inglewood office) for our last investment property. Great service, go out of their way to help, even now if I have any questions. A lot better than ANZ were in the past.
Old 18-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Guys, I used to work for a bank doing housing loans and the thing that you have to keep in mind is that the banks pay different commissions. Now if bankwest were paying a bigger trailing commission than CBA and the two lending products were similar who do you think they will suggest that you go with?

IMHO you should do your homework and find the loan you want and then go directly to that bank.

Having said that at the moment a lot of the mortgage brokers will be willing to work a bit harder to keep you as a repeat customer and not just get the initial deal.

Brendon
Old 18-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

we are using homebuyers centre and just organising all the finance atm. we are building in arion estate next door to the entrance of new haven in Harrisdale. Homebuyers have been great and the consultant I am dealing with his brilliant. has been sooo helpful with us (never done this before) and has given us all the straight forward information we have needed.

I have thrown a lot of concerns at the poor bugger because I have been listening to ppls stories and personal experiences and he hasnt dodged any questions and answered them directly.

I cant remember who the broker we are using but he seems ok w00teh!
Old 18-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

ive also decided i really cant afford to miss out on the 21k grant, found a few blocks in canning vale im keen on

thanks for the tips guys, will send enquiries off to homebuyers centre and wizards etc.
Old 18-03-2009, 10:03 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
Guys, I used to work for a bank doing housing loans and the thing that you have to keep in mind is that the banks pay different commissions. Now if bankwest were paying a bigger trailing commission than CBA and the two lending products were similar who do you think they will suggest that you go with?

IMHO you should do your homework and find the loan you want and then go directly to that bank.

Having said that at the moment a lot of the mortgage brokers will be willing to work a bit harder to keep you as a repeat customer and not just get the initial deal.

Brendon
----relevant to people not building---
Obviously people should research loans and loan processes before going to anyone, MB or bank. Once you have a basic understanding, then use the MB to source information on lots of different banks/loans quickly for comparisons. Don't trust everything a MB/bank tell you. Having said that and having bought houses via both methods, I won't be dealing direct with banks again. You have to chase the banks for information and straight answers....at least the MB we use knows about customer service.
Old 18-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Have a look at Australian Central too. It's one of the largest credit unions in Australia, but only recently set themselves up in WA, predominantly to do mortgage broking. If you want a look in pm me, my sister is one of the chief lenders
Old 18-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

biggest issue lately is convincing banks to provide you sufficent credit, sometimes a broker can have better influence, as it is within their best intrest to secure you a loan.

Long live the WRC

Tags
broker, mortgage