Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2009, 03:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

Better signage would help traffic flow to.

All the other countries I have driven in number their interstions clearly and addresses are often given with "Just off *road number* Junction 25" where here they just have the road name on them instead of the suburbs....all very well and good if you know the exact route to take but not if you just know you are trying to get to a cuburb or town.

There is also never enough warning for get in lanes.
Old 20-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Perth roads are fine, with the exception of the congestion during peak hour, roe, the freeway tonkin etc are excellent roads in and around perth

however, head out of the city limits, and it goes to shit, down south isn't so bad, but try driving great northern highway, especially between muchea and wubin, its too narrow in such poor condition, and even the coastal highway, which are both MAJOR, and very heavily used roads for large amounts fo freight..

You have no idea how poor and dangerous they are, the new norcia to bindi bindi turn off road is insanely dangerous, i was actually scared on it last night in the wet with an empty double road train, and thats a first for me to be scared on a road, ever.

add to it all, there are no over taking lanes, and repairs they do, are usually a dodgy repair that will, and has shit itself again in a short period of time.

the coastal road it a lot better in these aspects that the road itself is in better conditon, but again no over taking points, and at this time of year, every pensioner is trekking north with a caravan in tow, and they usually sit on 80, which is all well in good, until you catch them, then they decide with no warning to slam ont he picks and pull off the road so you can pass, which is a nice thought, but potentially deadly when your trying to slow down 100 tons fo truck and trailers in a hurry, something regular overtaking lanes would sort out.

Try going bush, cause the roads in perth city themselves are excellent, its the moment you go out of town its a hassle.
Old 20-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver
add to it all, there are no over taking lanes, and repairs they do, are usually a dodgy repair that will, and has shit itself again in a short period of time.
That's because they bring in sub base and fill that has sticks and shit through it. The sticks rot away, the road slowly drops and holes start to develop. Antwhere there is a bump right accross the road would usually be from a branch that has returned to Mother Earth. You can see where all this shit comes from when they do the roadworks because they strip the area just off the road and use it to fill in the centre, that's how you end up with the drainage or crown on the road. All the sticks, seeds, kangaroo guts, hitchikers panties, it all gets thrown under your tax payer funded freshly sealed road.

But you are right. Roads north of Muchea are a joke. The road works they took for-fucking-ever to finish between Gingers and Bullsbrook are much better now. The problem further up is that the roads are seldom straight and God forbid they'd get the go ahead to clear more space for runoffs on each side of the road.
Old 22-06-2009, 06:55 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

mmm hitchhiker panties!!

perth roads are a joke, how can a FREEWAY FFS be packed at 2-2:30pm (slows to 70 very often at hepburn) and also only have an 80kph limit (farmer fwy) !!! its supposed to be the main traffic artery linking NOR and SOR but its basically an embarrasment.
Old 22-06-2009, 11:56 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

SINISTR at standard level

Quality of Perth roads is 100x better than the quality of Polish roads... i refer to the Polish roads because theirs are completely appalling. Yet there's modified cars driving there... its an everyday motorkhana course LOL.

I agree there are some bad roads here but spare a thought for your WRX trying to navigate some of these...

i hope they get their act together and we never see roads like that...
Old 22-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

^^^^ reminds me of the road tenagah's on
Old 22-06-2009, 01:38 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

hahahahah I just came from there and concur..
Old 23-06-2009, 11:10 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Just checked the actual figure. Main Roads have $37bn worth of assets. $800m of $37 bn is 2.2%.

It's a beat up if there ever was one.

http://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/About...lReport08.aspx
Old 25-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
mmm hitchhiker panties!!

perth roads are a joke, how can a FREEWAY FFS be packed at 2-2:30pm (slows to 70 very often at hepburn) and also only have an 80kph limit (farmer fwy) !!! its supposed to be the main traffic artery linking NOR and SOR but its basically an embarrasment.
you have never been to sydney have you?

trust me when i tell you, we get off lightly when there is only an hour or so of real congestion...
Old 26-06-2009, 06:28 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

haha yes ive been to Syd/Mel/Bris and seen how much worse the traffic is over there, but rightly so as its a bigger population and bigger CBD area etc..

Perth is a small backwater city living in the 80's and we still can't build a decent road system

Tags
basket, case, roads, wa