Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

rexhunta at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rexhunta
Default Rebuilding box trailer bits.

Hey, bit of a weird subject but here goes.

just kinda inherited the families 6x4 cause i've got more use for it then anyone else.

Anyways, looking to do a little bit of work on it, families had it for 30 years, but it's had a tray in at some time, but needs a little work.

I want to smash some paint over it, but it has a few small holes in it. Am i best off smashing some Killrust paint over the chassis before i give it some paint ?

I am going to have to change the lights and wiring at some stage too, thought i'd do it all at the same time as i do the painting. Am i better off staying with the globe type setups, or should i splash out a bit more and go LED style on the rear ?

and last bt not least, i'm thinking bout changing the hubs over. Do i have to get the same hub assemblies ( this one has XR Falcon hubs on it atm), or can i say go down to Repco and buy a complete hub assembly and pretty much bolt/press it all on ?

Just a few quick questions as i know 1/2 of you guys are on the ball bout this type of stuff.

Thanks
Pete
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

Martins trailer parts is the place to go for everything trailer!

Led lights are the way to go if you are confident you won't smash them killrust may be ok depending how bad the current rust in it is
Old 07-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Sign me up!
BLUE TEAM

Rexy03 at standard level

Bunbury Bearings is your best local bet for new trailer parts, they carry everthing but the chassis/tray.
If you cant get new hubs to suit your old axle, replace it with a new axle, they are cheap and easy to change over ( may need new U bolts too )

for a shitbox rarely used trailer just get some elcheapo lights from super cheap / auto one etc, they have complete wiring looms as well
you might want to look at getting a new floor welded in before you paint it
If you can weld, you can just pick up a precut galvanised sheet from metroof etc and tack it in.
Its not worth spending a lot of money on a small trailer cause they are cheap to buy new.

Last edited by Rexy03; 07-07-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Sir AntiLag

rexhunta at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rexhunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy03 View Post
Bunbury Bearings is your best local bet for new trailer parts, they carry everthing but the chassis/tray.
If you cant get new hubs to suit your old axle, replace it with a new axle, they are cheap and easy to change over ( may need new U bolts too )

for a shitbox rarely used trailer just get some elcheapo lights from super cheap / auto one etc, they have complete wiring looms as well
you might want to look at getting a new floor welded in before you paint it
If you can weld, you can just pick up a precut galvanised sheet from metroof etc and tack it in.
Its not worth spending a lot of money on a small trailer cause they are cheap to buy new.

Yeah i was thinking bout going to like One Steel with it on a workday and just say cut to size, then heading straight round to mates to tack it with a mig, that was preplanned and had already been put on the list.

it'll prolly get used once every couple of weeks, so not really fussed. I think i seen those looms in the narva catalogue, i'll have to recheck it.

This one has deeper sides then what i have seen at Regional Trailer Hire that they sell, and the place on the corner.. They wanted 1300 and the trailer hire place had 2 new ones for 900, that was bout a month and a bit ago. But this was already registered etc, and it gives me also something to do.

Thanks heaps for the help.

Tags
bits, box, petes an idiot, rebuilding, trailer