Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
I just had a similar thing happen. I was getting some vehicles re-licensed, the chick at the licensing centre told me that the vehicles are under fine suspension and gave me a case number.
Have I missed something. I thought you could have your drives license suspended for non-payment of fines but how does a vehicle get suspended?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi View Post
Have I missed something. I thought you could have your drives license suspended for non-payment of fines but how does a vehicle get suspended?
I don't know how it works, but the vehicles are registered in a company name instead of a persons name.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:38 PM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

Correct.

I had half of my company fleet driving around (unaware) suspended for an unpaid parking fine.
The other half of the fleet had the CORRECT address and company name, so were not suspended.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

I got a letter today telling me they are taking my license if I dont pay $88 apparently I didnt vote a couple of years ago. So im confused as all hell as 1 I always vote and 2 its so long ago now I cant even remember.

What sort of bullshit country fines you for not voting? Voting is a right and thus if I did somehow miss it thats my loss in not getting to voice my opinion.

Fuck this country shits me at times.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by doadrift View Post
I got a letter today telling me they are taking my license if I dont pay $88 apparently I didnt vote a couple of years ago. So im confused as all hell as 1 I always vote and 2 its so long ago now I cant even remember.

What sort of bullshit country fines you for not voting? Voting is a right and thus if I did somehow miss it thats my loss in not getting to voice my opinion.

What sort of a country takes your drivers license off you for not paying the fine for failing to vote???

Kind of unrelated isn't it???

Voting is compulsory as the majority who wouldn't vote are likely to be a similar demographic and would skew the election results towards one party. Voters of the party that would likely benefit would be quite happy but a lot of others would not. Personally I think it should not be compulsory as that should also be your democratic choice.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

you do have the right not to vote, but you dont have the right to be lazy and not take your ass down to the polling booth
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Bridantay at standard level

Dont vote and have a George Bush run our country
I paid my license 3 months ago and still havent received my card in the mail, lucky i still have the temporary one they give over the counter
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridantay View Post
Dont vote and have a George Bush run our country
I paid my license 3 months ago and still havent received my card in the mail, lucky i still have the temporary one they give over the counter
Pretty sure the temporary one expires after a certain time. Might want to read it and check. I had my new plastic one 7 days later.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Quote:

I got this from when I came from NSW to here, moved just before the election so obviously wasn't there. They sent me 'letter & fines' apparently but nothing got to me. They ended up sending it to the (NSW) State Debt Recovery office which enforced another $50 fine & they used an old address (parents) from my old license 5 years ago.

I recieved it with 2 days to go before my licence would be suspended for non-payment, called State Debt & they said write a letter saying you weren't in town & didn't recieve original fine because you moved. Apparently the majority of the time they just write off the whole fine, which is what I'm applying for now.

Was furious when I first got it though.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

Quote:

In Australia voting has been compulsory since 1924 so its not so much a right as a requirment, not like its a new thing. And its always been that if you didnt vote then you would run the risk of a fine.

As has been said if your government doesnt require u to show up and put something on the voting slip then u end up being like the USofA and,(no offence to or yankie members) we all know we dont want that.

If the country shits u, dude there's no fences holding you in....

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.

Tags
center, hand, i gave birth to a pollie, i noo speek inglish, in my toilet, knwo, left, licensce, police, rage typing, scoobygez theres no fence - fuck off, thread turned into a political slag fest