Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Still looking for PC power supplies mate?
Old 15-07-2010, 11:06 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
Still looking for PC power supplies mate?
Yep surely am!

Anything with over 10 amps on the 12v lines will suit....A switch mode power supply would be a good find!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 23-07-2010, 03:58 AM

Default Got a quick flight in today

Here's a pretty crappy quality vid of me flying my HK-450.

It's crappy because it was near on dusk....making it harder to keep my orientation.

That and the camera we used was crap.

Anyway.....

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 24-07-2010, 03:29 AM

Default Another (much better) vid (in HD)

Here's another new vid from flying Friday (Holidays...YEAH!!)

I'm running 3100 rpm rotor speed now....

Anyhow...Have a squizz and tell me what you think.

Old 24-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

VETTETOREX at standard level

Hey Everyone - and Rossco your flying is GREAT. (People don't realize the amount of work or skill involved to get there)

I have a T-REX 600ESP with all the good stuff. It's huge. Many upgrades/spares and a Great Futaba 10C Controller. It's Fun to build and an absolute brilliant example of precision engineering and quality components. (So nice just to look at let alone seeing what Szabo can do with it)

One problem - I'm way too scared to even fly it. (Here's my Heli Story)

I bought a Walkera Dragonfly 36 (First Heli ever after many fixed wings).

I checked the servo movement and memorized the controls but knew nothing about the importance of Balancing and Setup that I tried to fly it straight away. Surely it's not that hard to hover...

IT WAS CRAP! Eventually CRASH! (Though just the noise of the blades made me excited)

It was badly setup and the brushed motor burnt out and tail rotor was slipping causing it to spin. (I knew nothing about RC helicopters at this time)

So I bought an Esky HoneyBee king 2 while waiting for Brushless upgrades and parts for the Dragonfly.

It flew much better out of the box - but not great...still using brushed motors and NiMH batteries. I still couldn't fly under what I'd call control. Then the internet research begun.....So....

I then bought a $45.00 coaxial 3ch toy. Oh my God how easy to fly. Complete control(in a way).The joy of flying a helicopter was instantly realized. I'm sure coaxials can give people the false confidence to think they can fly 6Ch Helis.

So I bought a Pitch Gauge and educated myself on proper RC Heli setup. Most importantly, I spent some time on RealFlight for confidence. I'd always thought "Simming" it was for pussies. Planes maybe...but RC helicopters are COMPLETELY different - especially when not setup correctly. I then found I was able to actually setup and hover my Dragonfly 36 and Honeybee King 2. (They were still crap)

Anyway Where I'm at now is I have 2 x Esky Belt CP V2 Helis. They are great for the price. I learnt how to balance and set them up correctly. Nothing comes ready to fly out of the box in reality.

One has been crashed hard but is now flying great (perfectly setup and balanced.)

Other one is for reserve when the first one crashes. (But it's god damn Mode 1 - how do you fly like that. I'll be swapping the transmitter/receiver)

Then one day soon......... The T-REX 600ESP will fly in all it's glory.

All I really have to say is - Is it not as easy as every thinks it is. There is a very real and dangerous learning curve. Simulators only help so much when this murderous machine is flying in the real world near yourself and other people. Just the 1.3M carbon fiber blades on the TREX-600ESP make me S**T my pants when I think what they can do if you're struck or they come unstuck.(I've experienced boom strike..)

Great Control Rossco. You are much better than most people. I'm sure you've put in the hard yards.

The heli he is selling is a quality model which will fly above 95% of most people's skill level.

PS: If you think I'm soft then google some of the injuries inflicted by RC helicopters. People with 25+ years experience have been VERY badly injured or killed.
Old 24-07-2010, 07:10 PM

Thanks for that^^

I started out flying fixed wing in mode 1 when I was about 12...... There was a group of us that used to fly slope soarers on the beach slopes between marmion & Mindarie....Fun times!

That lead to electric hotliners & F5b 1.5 kw monsters..... Think helis are scary? try a carbon/kevlar glider doing 220 kph + in level flight.....Hand launch to 500 feet in under 4 seconds of motor run Ah the memories of exploding Nicads & huge 150amp speed controllers....

Here's a little (old -2004?) vid of the initial climbout of my Mini Grahpite on <only!> 800watts

I started with helis about 5 years ago, with the original Trex 450 cde, but life got in the way and I had a 3 year hiatus from all things R/c.

Loving the HK helis, for Price & now build quality... The HK450Pro is awesome!

Still chipping away at my 3d moves and yes, mode 1 makes them twice as hard to get down pat, but hey I enjoy the challenge!

People go "ooh look!, toy helicopter" and then move well away when you spool it up.

The original V1 hk450 (in the vids) is running 3100 rpm head speed and the Pro is being set up for 4s & 3500 rpm.....<that will be scary!

P.s Realflight G4 FTW!

Last edited by Rossco; 24-07-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 22-07-2014, 06:34 PM
STI Master

11secWrx at standard level

Old thread revival...anyone still flying?
Here's 1 of my helis. Trex 700, vbar and all the fruit.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPerth-WRX1406025441.935182.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	13112Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPerth-WRX1406025467.176106.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	13113

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
RUSSGT likes this.
Old 25-07-2014, 12:16 PM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Im flying multi copters now. Very fun doing fpv!

http://kap.industries/

Tags
helis, r or c