Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuum View Post
Stay away from Dale Alcock Homes, please! you do not need the problems I am having.... I knew I shoulda gone with New Generation Homes

Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up, I was looking at going with them on their display home in Lakelands. I think I will go Summit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
dont go plunkett.. the rental we had was the worst.. all i can say is lucky it wasnt our home.. just built with Homebuyers and only 1 thing was left out which was our fault.. but was a dream and from pad down 31 july was finished 10th dec keys picked up

and if you go affordable living be very careful what you sign, dude at work who signed up at the same time as me has had nothing but dramas!

+2 on Plunkett, they blew my parents house build out by 3 years!!! (5 year total build) They still didn't finish it, they just stopped when my dad punched the supervisor out and then took them for liquidated damages in which my parents won. They got the house in an unfinished state and did it themselves. They are a bunch of fucktards.
Old 17-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

alpha 1 at standard level

[when my dad punched the supervisor out and then took them for liquidated damages in which my parents won.

CLASSIC Thanks for heads up on Plunkett.. Just got a call from them asking how we're progressing with our decision.

I'm going to ask the other builder for 3 recent references..ie from people who he have dealt with/built.
Old 17-01-2010, 09:47 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

Good idea but what is the piont. They will only give good ones any way. I think you will have problems with who ever you build with but it is the way they fix it that counts.
Old 17-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Scoobie Noobie

99 FORESTER GT at standard level

Definitely you should build with Celebration Homes no doubt, I was the first employee at Celebration Homes when we first started in 2002, I left in 2007 to start my own drafting business working from home, and until this present day I am a contractor for them and still part of the drafting dept, so most likely i will be the one drawing your house if you sign with Celebrations. If you need help with anything send me an email...i make sure your house gets built quick boy!!!
Old 18-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 FORESTER GT View Post
Definitely you should build with Celebration Homes no doubt, I was the first employee at Celebration Homes when we first started in 2002, I left in 2007 to start my own drafting business working from home, and until this present day I am a contractor for them and still part of the drafting dept, so most likely i will be the one drawing your house if you sign with Celebrations. If you need help with anything send me an email...i make sure your house gets built quick boy!!!
Hows the lunchtime 'gaming' scores going against Dale Alcock group in that department at the moment?? Is Martin still winning?!!
(He's a friend of a friend, we met each other a few months ago etc)!!
Old 18-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

wish i had built with celebrations, they have some nice houses and heard nothing but good things from those who have built with them
Old 20-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Scoobie Noobie

99 FORESTER GT at standard level

i think they've realized lunch is to enjoy the time eating and talking to the ladies in the office... not sit infront of the pc playing war games..haha
Old 13-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Mary Jane at standard level
Thumbs up Free Online Building Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexter View Post
Hey guys,

Just in the process of building my first home with my partner.

It’s a pretty stressful picking process and I would appreciate any help.

Soo….

We have secured a block in Aubin Grove with deposit paid and titles to be released in April this March this year.

We have a budget of about 515 K with 265 already gone for land.

We had originally intended to build with Dale Alcock but after getting prices for what we wanted they are about 30k out of our budget.

So this weekend we have seen homes that we have liked from Celebration Homes and Affordable Living. Does anyone have experience with them and can you tell me good/bad about them.

Also can anyone outline all the little costs associated with building a home that isn’t mentioned in the normal house price i.e. site work etc.

Cheers
We are in the middle of building our house in Alkimos, I found this website that is all about building and renovating in Perth WA. We printed out the 'Compare Display Homes' list and saved about $15,000 in extra's we didn't realise weren't included in one of the display home we were considering. We also used the 'Whats included list' so we could create a really sound budget with no surprises, as you say its all those little extras that get you. Go have a look at it and you'll see what I mean.
Online Home Builder | Perth 's Biggest Home Building and Renovating Website
Old 13-12-2012, 06:41 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

About Mary Jane

Manufacturer
Subaru
Model / Year
Model
svx

Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Scoobie Noobie

terrific58 at standard level
Default home bulders

Hi my name is Terri and I would like to know has anyone built with Averley Homes

Tags
advice, building, home