Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

not to mention councils want to maximise revenue from realestate,

lowering speed limits = lower road noise = higher property values = higher council rates.

increasing traffic flow through busy intersections is only going to increase noise.

leech highway is now 70, no trucks etc. not for safety but to only reduce noise.

Long live the WRC
Old 12-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
U-Turns at traffic lights become extremely dangerous when traffic coming from the side road has a green filter arrow light.

They are given a green light to go (and 99% will turn without looking if there is any traffic, as traffic in the other direction should be stopped by a red light). Suddenly someone doing a u-turn is merging into traffic with a green light and all hell breaks loose.

The rule is there to protect the piss poor road design we have.
Exactly, as per my post above

A well executed handbrake turn, followed by at 4wd drift and lots of tyre smoke is perfectly acceptable however.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:24 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

[MARZS] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
So has anyone got any theories as to why it's not allowed here? Is it really that dangerous in WA and not anywhere else in Aus?
the intersection of Leach Hwy and Winthrop drive, right near my place, is notorious for people doing u-turns at the lights, and just as notorious for cops to hide there and ping people for doing it.
on several ocasions I've seen cars nearly be cleaned up when they are doing a u-turn at this intersection. cars turning from Winthrop drive not expecting a car to do a u-turn, pull out from the give way sign, only to get 1/2 way across and slam on the brakes because of the car turning at the lights...thats why i think it is "dangerous". but in saying this, it is also the other road users responsibility to look out for cars doing things like this...same as not stopping at a stop sign etc.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
not to mention councils want to maximise revenue from realestate,

lowering speed limits = lower road noise = higher property values = higher council rates.

increasing traffic flow through busy intersections is only going to increase noise.

leech highway is now 70, no trucks etc. not for safety but to only reduce noise.
Wow! an interesting theory that makes perfect sense.

Also on the turn on a red in the states, was my most favorite thing of all time. It scared the shit out of the missus when I first did it but she got over it.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

yep i also got done like that... had a rapidly deflating tyre and did a U'ey at the lights cause there was a BP about 250m from the lights, coppers saw me and pretty much made it out like i'd raped 50000 babies.. lights sirens launched over the median strip etc and stopped me about 40-50m from the BP...

I pointed out the flat tyre and the cunt took his sweet ass time and only let me go when it was fully deflated.. CUNT!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
So has anyone got any theories as to why it's not allowed here? Is it really that dangerous in WA and not anywhere else in Aus?
We have some of the most retarded drivers in the world. Get a 6 pack of beer and deckchair and go to the roundabout burns beach/joondalup drive, you will be thoroughly entertained and it's free! So any restrictions like not allowing us to U turn at traffic lights is to protect us normal drivers from the retards.

I was in the US a few years ago & at night the lights flash either orange or red (depending on direction) meaning flashing orange = go through with caution) flashing red = give way to other traffic. Works very well, but there is no well in hell WA could cope with something as complex as that. (Is this law widely used throughout the US American Dave, or only certain states?)

Last edited by perthzed; 12-04-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 13-04-2010, 07:52 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

^^^ I live on one side of that roundabout and the mrs's oldies live on the other side, makes me wanna kill myself everytime i have to go thru it !!! so sooo many 'tards!
Old 13-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Perth drivers and roundabout FTL
Old 13-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Perth drivers fail full stop.
Old 13-04-2010, 03:16 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
A few issues ago, RAC did a special on 'clarifying rules of roundabouts'.
They completed fubarred the rules in the article, I thought I had gone mad. The issue afterwards they corrected themselves and I felt sane again. I cant imagine how many tards have now learnt the wrong rules because of that fk up though.

Tags
intersection, lights, policy, traffic, uturns