Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

1jnrwrx at standard level

All i know is all camera's hurt if they catch you..!
To many times for me
Old 30-07-2010, 11:38 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

Got done by one of these intersecting Albany hwy and leach hwy (under the bridge going carousel way.
Came back on a break from working away and didn't know anything was installed there and got a big flash behind me and I was thinking "I'm pretty sure I went thru the green" I indeed did but A bit over the limit. Turned around and saw the bastard installed there.

That intersection would be making a fair bit of profit for the gov, everytime you drive past you are guaranteed to see a flash. I guess until everyone is aware of the locations more caution will be taken.
Old 30-07-2010, 11:51 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

SSjCosmo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZENCI View Post
Got done by one of these intersecting Albany hwy and leach hwy (under the bridge going carousel way.
Came back on a break from working away and didn't know anything was installed there and got a big flash behind me and I was thinking "I'm pretty sure I went thru the green" I indeed did but A bit over the limit. Turned around and saw the bastard installed there.

That intersection would be making a fair bit of profit for the gov, everytime you drive past you are guaranteed to see a flash. I guess until everyone is aware of the locations more caution will be taken.
The best thing to do now, especially since they're rolling out 18 more before the end of the year is assume all red light locations are speed cameras unless you physically see the camera is an old type of red light camera. I noticed at the Bell Tower intersection they've removed the normal red light camera sign and replaced it with just a picture of a camera not saying red light at all... Another way to make it less obvious.
Old 31-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

My biggest bugbear about camera use in WA is the covert use. In NSW all cameras have huge signs before you come to them - even the mobile speed vans have huge signs next to them. The signage is so that people slow down being the Aim of the cameras. Unlike WA where the revenue raising is more important.
Old 16-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Scoobie Noobie

emfire at standard level

found one today near my house in nedlands, i saw it before my V1 even went off. almost no notice at all. i went through it 3 times and found i would only get some warning when the v1 was mounted in the middle of the windscreen. I had less range when it was mounted low which is where it normally is. And I had no alert at all when it was mounted up near the top

the poliscan was parked at the end of a small hill near one of the train stations. i think unless you're driving on flat ground with no hills or bends the v1's detection range is really poor. i'm now scared of these new cameras. this one didnt have 2 cameras, one pointing each direction. this set up only was facing one direction like normal multanovas.
Old 17-08-2010, 07:50 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

SSjCosmo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfire View Post
found one today near my house in nedlands, i saw it before my V1 even went off. almost no notice at all. i went through it 3 times and found i would only get some warning when the v1 was mounted in the middle of the windscreen. I had less range when it was mounted low which is where it normally is. And I had no alert at all when it was mounted up near the top

the poliscan was parked at the end of a small hill near one of the train stations. i think unless you're driving on flat ground with no hills or bends the v1's detection range is really poor. i'm now scared of these new cameras. this one didnt have 2 cameras, one pointing each direction. this set up only was facing one direction like normal multanovas.
That's not good! I've seen at least 5 operational poliscans now and always had quite good warning, but they've all been forward-facing so far. I've detected them when going the opposite direction, but only very briefly after passing them.
Old 21-08-2010, 05:38 PM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

Mmmmm not good, I went past one of these yesterday at Lake Monger and I saw the camera before my V1 went off. Jezza if you read this will a vertical mount help ?
Old 21-08-2010, 10:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

jezzamcbezza at standard level

Not with the laser cameras, no.
Was it set up in reverse?
Old 22-08-2010, 11:00 AM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

To be honest mate I'm not sure, it was on my side of the road so assumed it was pointing towards on coming traffic ? was hidden behind bushes so V1 went off as I was next to it.
Old 22-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Stalker at standard level

My Bel Vector XR65 has been going off near lake monger for while every now and then - about 500m short of the powis st exit, heading north - never been able to spot what the hell is setting it off though. Is this the spot you are talking about?

Tags
camera, poliscan, speed, testing