Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
Yeah you are right, You wouldn't be happy after paying good money to have to redo it in any regard,

So the builder isn't indicating anything ?

Surely there is something you can do to take it further yeah ?

I would do what was mentioned earlier and get the rep from the company who supply's the stuff to come look at it.
Yeah I just phoned dulux, they were helpful, but they don't send out representatives. At the end of the day the supervisor is the expert & I know shit, he's saying it's fine, so it kind of leaves me in a bit of a pickle.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Did they say it should be patchy?

Take photos of it looking at its worst and email the guys at Dulux.

The Supervisor isn't an expert at all. Hes probably got 10 houses on the go, all with some sort of a problem to deal with.

By the looks of the pic there is another building site in the reflection. Are you on a new estate? Go for a walk around and see the end finishes on some of the other homes.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Lukkyphil at standard level

If its Acratex and it looks like that then the trades applying it have stuffed up. My previous house was done in Acratex and it looked a million dollars.

Acratex requires a cement render to be applied to the brickwork, and the texture coat is then trowelled on. I am thinking that the trades are trying to maximise the coverage by keeping the texturecoat layer rather thin as they are paid to supply and fix, and they would always like to save a buck.

And FYI a typical project building supervisor would have more like 20 - 35 homes on the go, depending on the physical size of his round and the complexity of the homes being built.

And yes the builders cost for texture coat is around $4sqm more than painted sand finish render, but it will last a good ten years, compared with 2-3 for painted render, so we save the cash on the maintenance.

As your Supervisor is not giving you the time of day, write a letter to his boss the construction manager and include photos of the worst areas. Your supervisor won't like getting his arse kicked but his manger won't go much on the super supporting shitty trades with the market being as it is at the moment.

My 2c.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

http://www.bhis.com.au/

Get these guys out, they will tell you straight away. My parents and myself have used them
Me with Summit
Mum and dad with plunkett
He took plunkett to court for mum and dad and won, his big fuck off mega inspection which includes giving the supervisor the shits as often as he can is around $2,000

His Inspection with bound book and proof that the workmanship is dodgy is $4-500

Best money I have ever spent.

EDIT:
This is the guy we dealt with.

South West Office
Ron Allen
Email: oscarallen@iprimus.com.au
Phone: 08 9581 7199
Mobile: 0418 935 145
Old 14-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

The Walls were rendered before they applied it?? I've seen shitloads if houses with texture coating and they look fine, sounds like they did it too thin.

Tags
house, problem, render