Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

yeah but the whole town is fucked anyway, so just go spend some time there... its a shame its privately owned, they shoulda made it a museum. Try the York cemetery
Old 13-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Im up for some haunting lol
Long as I aint working
Old 13-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

Im not much of a believer (but in saying that im not a disbeliever either), but When in Sydney recently my wife and I went on a Ghost tour around the rocks. It was good fun, and there was some good info and the atmosphere was set good. One bit we looked at is this basement under a pub, and the tour guide said that sometimes people take photos, and they can see flames in the fireplace <-- this being a massive setup.

One of the people on our tour took a photo, and sure enough, "oh my gawd, I have flames"

Its clearly obvious that everyone takes a photo at the same time, someones camera is bound to have a red autofocus light on it, which happens to get shot

And the end of the tour, there were a few people claiming to feel a presence and whatnot. But i didnt see shit
Old 13-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

AJAYJAY at standard level

I'm keen..
Old 14-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

Been heard too many myself due to being in places that as mobile security I am supposed to be... responding to alarms. Even had another member from here on the phone when things have gone down pertaining to haunted stuff.... Anyways enough said from me. Is all good fun till ya one up and you can't explain something, and can't see it either.
Old 14-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Scoobie Noobie

DELIBER8 at standard level

A few months ago I went and did a ghost tour at Woodmans point in Fremantle. Not many people know about it, but there was a quarantine station that was used to house people that immigrated to Western Australia by ships in the early days. If people were suspected of having the plague they were stationed here until they were better, or died.

Now I am not one to normally believe in ghosts or spirits - but some funny things did happen during the tour. They encourage you to take your camera along and take lots of photos on the tour. When looking back at the photos, there were a few images that looked like they were overlayed. People were on top of people, which you don't get with digital cameras. There are also 'orbs' appearing in a lot of photos, which are supposed to be spirits.
Also torches suddenly not working, but then being totally fine 5 minutes later, and street lights switching off as we walk along (not all street lights - I am talking one at a time as we walked under them). you could also feel differences in temperature in some rooms in the buildings, despite no one had been in them that day.
The tour is run by a medium who talks to spirits, and when she did a summoning of a spirit, I swear I heard something.

Even if you are not a believer, the tour is still good for the history side that many people would not be aware of.

http://www.mediumalifebetweentwoworl...ageG-tour.html
Old 14-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

That Woodman point tour looks like fun, I belive this would be a great start for us all to go.

Either that or can we go there with out tour for free haha ?
Old 14-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
That Woodman point tour looks like fun, I belive this would be a great start for us all to go.

Either that or can we go there with out tour for free haha ?
yeah, we could easily just do our own tour.
Old 14-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIBER8 View Post
A few months ago I went and did a ghost tour at Woodmans point in Fremantle. Not many people know about it, but there was a quarantine station that was used to house people that immigrated to Western Australia by ships in the early days. If people were suspected of having the plague they were stationed here until they were better, or died.

Now I am not one to normally believe in ghosts or spirits - but some funny things did happen during the tour. They encourage you to take your camera along and take lots of photos on the tour. When looking back at the photos, there were a few images that looked like they were overlayed. People were on top of people, which you don't get with digital cameras. There are also 'orbs' appearing in a lot of photos, which are supposed to be spirits.
Also torches suddenly not working, but then being totally fine 5 minutes later, and street lights switching off as we walk along (not all street lights - I am talking one at a time as we walked under them). you could also feel differences in temperature in some rooms in the buildings, despite no one had been in them that day.
The tour is run by a medium who talks to spirits, and when she did a summoning of a spirit, I swear I heard something.

Even if you are not a believer, the tour is still good for the history side that many people would not be aware of.

http://www.mediumalifebetweentwoworl...ageG-tour.html

Thats sounds awesome! Thats the sort of stuff I was sort of expecting to get out of our tour in sydney
Old 14-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

I say we do our own tour. plus having no cost more people would be willing to tag along i think.
be more fun too

Tags
haunted, perth