Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

CEVA can also do a "non driveable" service which means just that. They dont drive the car. I am using this to send the rally car east. Too many horror stories of race cars turning up with fried clutches from being driven on and off trucks. The process that kills em is load onto truck at depot, transport to rail, send east/west, load back onto truck and transport to depot at other end. Those two trips on and off trucks, up the steep ramps, in the hands of some monkey has been shown to be enough to kill an as new clutch let alone crunch front lips etc. Not having the car driven will at least eliminate and mechanical abuse.

They also go one step up and do prestige/race car moves as well. Give them a ring Ramon once it comes time to move it. They have a sepcial department to deal with the "non driver" and pretige moves.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???
Old 09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR RA View Post
CEVA can also do a "non driveable" service which means just that. They dont drive the car. I am using this to send the rally car east. Too many horror stories of race cars turning up with fried clutches from being driven on and off trucks. The process that kills em is load onto truck at depot, transport to rail, send east/west, load back onto truck and transport to depot at other end. Those two trips on and off trucks, up the steep ramps, in the hands of some monkey has been shown to be enough to kill an as new clutch let alone crunch front lips etc. Not having the car driven will at least eliminate and mechanical abuse.

They also go one step up and do prestige/race car moves as well. Give them a ring Ramon once it comes time to move it. They have a sepcial department to deal with the "non driver" and pretige moves.
Also, had my old rex on the train from Adelaide which killed the wheel bearings from sideways rocking action.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:20 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sik em evo4 at standard level

One of our cars was transported from Queensland to Perth with Autotrans, it was a good price but the car was coved in dust and it had been rained on so it was hard to tell if there was new scratches and marks.One think that has stuck in my head is, when I rang to see where the car was they mentioned they had a train derailment , luck my car was not on that train.
We just sold one car and it was sent to Melbourne through Ceva,When I drop the car off they were very professional and the Monaro club was also using them to transport cars to a national show over east.
Good luck Ramon.

Tags
buying, car, east, it's just a guessing game, lets all have a wank over what it might be, quick, typical_gay_replies, weiner mobile ftw!