Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

VETTETOREX at standard level

Yeah, I've got the infrared cameras and PVR etc..., So in the case of the next break in all that does is prove guilt. If they are charged I believe the charges are pathetic compared to say drink driving.

I know a dickhead that was done for aggreavted burglary when he was pissed(wrong crowd). 3 different places (one a place that sells wheelchairs). He doesn't remember any of it. NO fine and community service. What about the other 4 places they broke into that didn't get charged for.......

I feel the need for vigilante justice but that makes you as bad as them.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

tiddy at standard level

Electric fence for sure, fukin hurts even when your pissed! Its cheap, dont have to feed it, dont even have to look after it.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:32 AM

I've done nothing to piss off anyone.

Can't sell the house. Been in the family 35+ years. It is 125+ years old and heritage listed. Used to be the St David's Anglican Rectory(whatever that is)

Has big brick walls out front, secondary brick wall, used to be the local post office that my late father ran. On a big block 1400m2 I think. No neighbours, area is now commercial. Fire station within 75m, Pub within 150m but they all old fellas. Bottleshop and Woolworths within 50-100m.

Big change was the 24hr servo. They had so much crime now you can only talk to the cashier through a little window after a certain time.

The problem is the amount of foot traffic that comes past. And mostly when I've watched young loud drunken idiots - which the law would barley touch.

Anyway... I don't think a dog would last long around here. Most animals I've had have got out and run over.

So I'm going the Fort Knox approach. Pain in the arse but I just need the piece of mind.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:41 AM

wilkem01 at standard level

i've heard that apparently if you put up a 'beware of dog' sign you are acknowledging that fact that you have a vicous dog and therefore the law is not so much on your side of anything happens
don't know if that is true or not.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:43 AM

Something else funny is the letterbox.

Even though bolted down it would get ripped off every few weekends.

Sometimes we found it down the road.

Other times not at all.

Now we don't bolt it down it stays there. Occasionally bring it in on weekends.
And it's never been vandalized since.

This is what makes me think it's the younger generation. No fun if it's not bolted down and you can't display how manly you are by ripping the letterbox off.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Why is there a lot of foot traffic from loud drunken idiots?

They have to be going from A to B? Find out what it is and get onto the council.

If the servo is a BP, talking through a little window is standard practice across many of their sites now.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:49 AM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

+1 for the dog, my Blue Heeler will not leave the house even if the gate is open but will/has removed flesh if you don't belong, won't eat food unless it's been told to so can't be baited, lot cheaper than fences etc and a good companion.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Yeah if you knew Bunbury then standard practice for idiots is to get pissed and then walk to town to run amok then the servo for food/smokes etc..

Standard practices include :

-Setting alight every wheelie bin on the street with molotovs

-Tipping over every rubbish bin and plant in town after the band at the prince of whales stops playing.

-Tipping over any witches hat you can find.

-Jumping the fence at Beaurepairs and rolling every tyre you can onto the road(seen a few times)

-Slashing all the car tyres in the car park.

-Graffitti

-Keying cars

and worst FuKN debadging my Corvette which is hidden at least 30m from the road behind 2 walls. (And a brick was thrown on the bonnet years ago along with driving along and some indigenous thought was a good idea to throw rocks at me.)
I have found 11 yr old kids in the developing land next door throwing rocks at the bloody solarhart.

I'm not saying this is anything new and I'm sure it happens everywhere.

I JUST WANT SOMEBODY TO BLAME - WHO - PARENTS?
Old 18-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

I'm a fan of the dog approach. Many members on here can vouch for the fact that in reality, my dog (black lab x great dane) wouldn't hurt anyone. But she's big, (front paws on my chest/shoulders, and I'm 6'4"). No one in their right mind is going to jump a fence and stand face to face with a big black barking dog.

You mentioned that you think a dog would get hit by a car. Does this mean you dont have a front fence?
Old 18-10-2010, 11:00 AM

I'll be getting a german shepard one day along with another house. Dog's really are our best friend.

I think I'm over Urban and suburbs. 1-5 acres sounds pretty good 10-25 mins from town.

But can't ever sell this house - too much history. Maybe Bikie type fortification - or is that illegal now too..

I've seen many a dog-proof backyard but sometimes the dogs are too smart for their own good (holes, jumping, trees). Nothing worse than picking up the poor things off the road - takes months to get over it.

Last edited by VETTETOREX; 18-10-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Tags
bastards, breakins, car, sick, thieving