Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   fishing thread (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/37854-fishing-thread.html)

coon84 09-04-2011 05:42 PM

shark bay

[QUOTE=Bgwrx;554093]?????[/QUOTE]

Why not head to shark bay??
i heard theres plenty of big fish there. had a few mates caught 6 mulloways between them few weeks bak.

using mullies too on gang hooks

Bgwrx 09-04-2011 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=coon84;554362]Why not head to shark bay??
i heard theres plenty of big fish there. had a few mates caught 6 mulloways between them few weeks bak.

using mullies too on gang hooks[/QUOTE]

im not heading up that far because im going with my girlfriend because her family lives there. so im confined to around gero

Okibi 09-04-2011 05:45 PM

Should be loads of squid off the jetty too.

Bgwrx 09-04-2011 05:47 PM

im hoping to score some mud crabs too

REXXXED 17-04-2011 10:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
So ended up at Cheynes Beach bout 50 kms east of Albany, got back yesterday. Absolute insanity!!! Fished with soft plastics and metal twisties and would have caught about 100 Salmon in the 4 days i was there. Most of them on lightish Bream gear too which was amazing fun. There were more Salmon down there than there was blowies in the river....
Biggest Salmon touched 90cms

Only thing my trip was missing was my fishing kayak....the water was perfect!

Managed to get bulk pics and video of the trip, a couple of teaser video's and a few pics:

[url]http://youtu.be/1dHX_FlOKvE[/url]
[url]http://youtu.be/_JQ0Q4UUDfY[/url]

Off to exmouth boat fishing for a week on Tuesday.... God how i love being on holidays!

REXXXED 17-04-2011 10:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
few more pics....

JA5ON 17-04-2011 10:49 PM

I'm going to be having bulk fun this weekend out on the boat =) headed to kalbarri, bow river and jurien bay over the easter weekend, should be great fun...

will definately get pic's of the trip!

coon84 18-04-2011 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;557064]few more pics....[/QUOTE]

Wow nice catch !
was looking for them wen I went to busso few weeks ago. guess they're coming in now hey

u think they will reach Perth at all?

REXXXED 18-04-2011 10:54 AM

To be honest i would be very very surprised if they make it up here this year :(

coon84 18-04-2011 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;557183]To be honest i would be very very surprised if they make it up here this year :([/QUOTE]

damn, thats wat i feared, i cbf driving so far anymore LOL
ill just try the metro area in perth i guess. gotta conqurer that b4 i venture off

mrclubspecevo4 18-04-2011 06:17 PM

heading to Preston in the next few days. Hopefully there will be some fish.

anyone else heading out for easter?

Toni

mKd wЯx 18-04-2011 06:20 PM

yeh i might be heading out for some salmon fishing down at white hills, heard that there should be quite abit of salmon down there

mrclubspecevo4 18-04-2011 06:57 PM

excellent!
Will start getting the gear prepped

REXXXED 18-04-2011 09:44 PM

From reports i've read not sure if they will be there yet, and if there is it wont be a massive amount of them. Hopefully im completely wrong as i would love to go to white hills in a couple of weeks too. Love fishing there!

Bgwrx 01-05-2011 04:48 PM

took my mates brand new 4m boat out on the river today for the maiden trip (hence why i wasnt at the cruise). it was the first time i ever caught anything on a lure, got a 36cm flathead and a 30cm flounder, that was near mosman park. we then went over to the most consistent bream fishing shot in perth, herrison island and got a few good bream, one was 31cm. good day had by all

REXXXED 01-05-2011 06:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Few pics from Exmouth last week

REXXXED 01-05-2011 06:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Bgwrx 01-05-2011 08:03 PM

^^^

If I had a big boat you would never see me in Perth, I would be doing exaclty what you have been doing

REXXXED 01-05-2011 08:06 PM

Good times over the past 2 weeks......now back to reality.....work :(
The people i was with up in exmouth (in the photo) were in exmouth for 3 weeks, now coral bay for 2.....so extremely jealous! will be heading up again next year for sure!

Bgwrx 18-05-2011 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=coon84;550248]I caught a mulloway lastnite. :D[/QUOTE]

caught any mulloway recently? im heading out friday on my mates boat for a late night sit on the river for mulloway/bull shark and what ever else is out there.

REXXXED 18-05-2011 07:01 PM

I havent been out on my weekly midnight kayak for mullys for over a month now.... need to get back into it!

Bgwrx 19-05-2011 05:12 AM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;567115]I havent been out on my weekly midnight kayak for mullys for over a month now.... need to get back into it![/QUOTE]

where abouts do you normaly go we were going to head to the deep part near mosman park/nedlands, when we went there last time there were big schools of mullet. so hopefully there are some bigger stuff there too.

REXXXED 19-05-2011 09:06 AM

Mossys, Nedlands and Claremont I'm sure would be awesome, big very deep holes and gutters. I haven't yet had a hookup there tho... Despite trying a fair few times

I'm usually found floating around east Perth/Burswood area, near Heiresson island. Had a few hookups there, yet to land my mulloway! I fish using small live mullet

coon84 20-05-2011 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Bgwrx;567088]caught any mulloway recently? im heading out friday on my mates boat for a late night sit on the river for mulloway/bull shark and what ever else is out there.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying hey, the weather is doing something to the waters....havent really caught anything worth keeping...

caught PJ and bull shark few weeks ago but u cant eat them, plus they were small anyways LOL

anyone catching anything decent landbased around the metro area??

REXXXED 20-05-2011 03:28 PM

Going landbased tonight for Mulloway/bream/drinking.
Yet to decide where we are heading yet.
Cant wait!

Bgwrx 20-05-2011 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;567979]Going landbased tonight for Mulloway/bream/drinking.
Yet to decide where we are heading yet.
Cant wait![/QUOTE]

after spending 6 hrs yesterday and 9hrs today rebushing/machining/proof testing cat 3616 conrods(they are massive) i cant fucking wait to hit the water tonight between mosman park and freo. its all ive been thinking about

REXXXED 20-05-2011 04:26 PM

Same here, terrible week at work! sihing and bevvies will make me a very happy man. Catching a mulloway an even happier man :)

Bgwrx 20-07-2011 08:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
havnt been on p-wrx in a while due to being in NZ for a few weeks. went to queenstown did the usual....skiing, shotover jet boat ride..... but i also went on a fishing charter on the lake the fishing was slow but i caught a 16" rainbow trout and an 18" brown trout. i must say they were the nicest fish ive ever eaten, probably has something to do with the lake water being 99% pure! it didnt end there but, because the fishing was slow the skipper got bored and said "lets shoot something", i was thinking WTF. next minute he has pulled out a ruger semi auto .223, so we cruised along the lake edge looking for goats, we spotted a few heres a few pics of me shooting a goat and the fish i caught. two of the photos look similar but in one you can actualy see the goat up on the hill

it was by far the best fishing charter ive ever been on!

REXXXED 20-07-2011 09:06 AM

Good job, would love to head to NZ and go fishing! (among other things)

Bgwrx 20-07-2011 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;587212]Good job, would love to head to NZ and go fishing! (among other things)[/QUOTE]

oh mate its worth it! i had a blast, id love to go back in summer to go fishing

REXXXED 20-07-2011 10:58 AM

Have you ever watched Robson Green, Extreme fishing on telly?
he was there a couple of weeks ago, it was amazing! he did Australia a couple of weeks ago too, even came to Perth whilst he was here. Funny show!

Bgwrx 20-07-2011 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;587261]Have you ever watched Robson Green, Extreme fishing on telly?
he was there a couple of weeks ago, it was amazing! he did Australia a couple of weeks ago too, even came to Perth whilst he was here. Funny show![/QUOTE]

yeh i saw the one where he was in perth. there are so many fishing charter places in nz

REXXXED 11-11-2011 02:04 PM

Hi All,
Heading to Eco Beach Resort (hour n a bit south of Broome: [url=http://www.ecobeach.com.au]Broome Accommodation | Eco Resort | Eco Beach Resort Broome[/url]) for my Birthday next week for 5 nights. Any one here been up there before? Super keen to take a couple of rods and reels up there for the Mrs and me to go fishing pretty much the whole time.
Also heading out on the charter boat for 6 hours on Sunday the 20th which should be Schweeeeet!

Looking for anyone that has been up there before to tell me how awesome it was so i get even more amped up to go!

Okibi 11-11-2011 07:37 PM

Can help but think of Martha and the Muffins, perhaps i'm showing my age.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmWxUGStTj4]Martha & The Muffins - Echo Beach - YouTube[/url]

Sounds like a great Birthday Present, make sure to take lots of photos.

REXXXED 11-11-2011 07:42 PM

Haha yeah. Birthday present to myself ;)
Although she did say she was paying for my fishing charter on my Birthday!

Jeckle 11-11-2011 08:01 PM

Was up there 10 years ago pre cyclone renovations.

Beach is fairly flat an i would check out the rocks at low tide, and fish them at higher tides. Didn't go to Jacks creek, but would be there for sure if you want a fish, and you do.

Creek, 6-7ft flick rod, and a selection of lures. Morning and evening, poppers and fizzers, and don't forget Barra style lures in a range of colours, including the famous halco in Qanats colours.

Bgwrx 07-01-2012 10:57 AM

4 Attachment(s)
went fishing the other day and got a few 45cm king george whiting and a few big gummy sharks :) big tasty feed the next day

drewgong 07-01-2012 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=207 de;503161]Anyone into spearfishing?

I get bored doing traditional fishing and have always loved snorkeling and eating fish so it sort of goes together. :-)[/QUOTE]

im like 90% sea creature man.. crazy for it. not much good spearing down south other than rotto, and even that is thrashed. i do most of mine in geraldton and have landed a couple of decent trout at drummonds lately and loop heaps of crays. rest i do up near broome, but thats a different story

huggy_b 07-01-2012 12:48 PM

Haven't wet a line in ages, but I have a trip to Exmouth coming up at the end of March. Last trip to Exy was great, cracked my first marlin.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/wombat01/marlinday6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/wombat01/yellowfinday6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/wombat01/dollyday6.jpg[/IMG]

ferozaj 07-01-2012 02:27 PM

Just got back from a few days at exmouth....most dissapointing for me and for the others shore fishing there...

Only caught a couple of tiny spangled and a 2kg mackeral in the marina...

Was lure and bait fishing from shore.

To make it worse the dolphins were on holidays from monkey mia for the first time in liek 10 years so didnt get to see them either ><

I was really hoping it would be good as im from sydney and always watched the tv fishing shows :(

Well atleast i got engaged there :)