Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

It's a pic, not a needle foo'!
Old 27-11-2006, 11:17 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subigrl
If there's no proof there's no problem
What are u talking about?? I assume you're not currently working as a lawyer, well I really hope not.

Get some legal advice, go for legal aid or a private lawyer. You can get off, but it might cost you. The police officer is regarded as a credible witness so the judge will take his version of events as gospel (generally) and it's then up to u or your lawyer to find various holes in his story like how dark was it, how far away were you etc etc.
Old 28-11-2006, 12:06 AM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

talk about pulling out an old thread and replying like it was this morning !..

he can't get legal aid if there's no chance of jail btw... legal aid system is too packed.

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 28-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

In court a cop is worth two ppl.
so 1 cop and 1 person the cop wins, 1 cop and 2 ppl is the same as word for word. you need 3 ppl to outdo a cops word.
or so ive been told.
Old 28-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtenstein
In court a cop is worth two ppl.
so 1 cop and 1 person the cop wins, 1 cop and 2 ppl is the same as word for word. you need 3 ppl to outdo a cops word.
or so ive been told.

what if there's 3 cops and 5 of your mates? but one has a prior record and the other has tatts.

but, 2 of the cops are women????
Old 28-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

What if there are 4 cops, but another rocks up....20 of your mates, but you've all been busted gate crashing a party?? Then, another 6 cops rock up but 4 of your mates run away...then 34 other people who "arent" your mates, but you've sms'ed via phone to come and fight the cops, decide to rock up and throw bottles at the cops? Are these people also included as mates, or just lebo's?
Old 28-11-2006, 06:11 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

how many mates are detective cops worth?

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 28-11-2006, 06:37 PM
STI Master

REXLLENT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to REXLLENT

i got done last month for reckless driving, got it downgraded to dangerous driving, i went to court last week with my lawyer, and the police prosecutor was there so it was really 1 on 1 and all she did was read out the notes i already had. so i only got fined $600 no points. i was lucky. if u do get a summons (hope u dont) in the mail i would see a lawyer and get him or her to chat to the police prosecutor and try and get it settled that way.
Old 28-11-2006, 06:54 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
What if there are 4 cops, but another rocks up....20 of your mates, but you've all been busted gate crashing a party?? Then, another 6 cops rock up but 4 of your mates run away...then 34 other people who "arent" your mates, but you've sms'ed via phone to come and fight the cops, decide to rock up and throw bottles at the cops? Are these people also included as mates, or just lebo's?
HAHAHAH thats some funny shit right there...

The new jerry seinfeld

Last edited by Intra; 28-11-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 28-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Ok, here's the lowdown guys:

1). If a cop asks for your drivers license, ALWAYS ask for their badge number. There are tons and tons of complaints per year of police impersonation- look at the recent event that made news during 'leavers' in Dunsborough as a good example!! No one has the right to your info without first proving they have been given that sort of power!!
Most cops following correct procedure will introduce themselves, the station they are from etc. In the event that they are unreasonable, their badge number is located just above their shirt pocket. It also pays to note the plates and/or number on bonnet of marked patrol vehicle if you can. Don't be intimidated.

2). A cop does NOT have the right to take your license from you unless it has expired or you have lost all your demerit points and admitted guilt by fine payment/ or found guilty in a court of law. You are also a dickhead if you decide to call a senior police officer/ local station, as many cases they will 'protect their own' or offer basic advice that you will further have to pursue yourself- they are often just too busy.
The local OMBUDSMAN is the place to make complaints/ enquiries, their details can be found in the below link:

http://www.ombudsman.wa.gov.au/contact/index.phtml

3). If a cop does not have any factual proof for his actions in a court of law (radar speeds, other credible witnesses etc) it is not only his/her word against your own, BUT it is more than likely that the judge will chew his/her ass out for wasting the court's time if the case soley rests on words alone! (Seen peronally MANY times!!!).
What most seem to forget is that with the power of being a law enforcer comes a much greater amount of accountability. Because of this, there are procedures and protocols an officer must follow. In many cases these must be followed exactly as the textbook says... which is why police conversation often seems withdrawn and emotionless, not to mention repetetive.. particularly during random breath testing for example! I personally have a lot of respect for most of the new recruits coming through the force, they really do a great job at sticking to this etc.

Forget legal advice, it hasn't even become a legal matter yet! IMO, catch the fuckwit off guard by making a report to the Ombudsman and follow it through as far as you can go until you receive your license back and a formal apology from the police officer. The system does work if you're willing to take it further than simply complain on a public forum.

Tags
advice