Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff
Talking HOONS! - I just caught one… by accident!

He would have been nabbed soon anyway but it was freaky chance the way this guy actually got caught. I'll give you guys the short version, rather than my much longer 'pub version' (in my pub version the suspect is wielding a shotgun and I have to rescue an infant child from a burning church in the process. Oh and I was shot. ...Hey it makes it more interesting).
A few weeks ago on my way home from work I had a Nissan Pintara GLi pull out in front of me from a side street. Not dangerously, like cutting me off or anything, but the suspect's vehicle left a cloud of white smoke behind it. I actually didn't think anything of it - it was an old car pulling out on to a hill so I thought it was probably oil or something.
That theory flew out the window at the next corner… and the one after that. The suspect would pull up to stop signs and intersections, rev it up and skid away as far as he could, tail out if it went that way, during peak hour in a built-up area.
After doing this a couple of times, I got the iPhone out and hit record.
We pulled up at the next intersection and he looked in his rear-view, saw me, flipped me da bird, then did his amazingly impressive 'drop the clutch and floor it' trick. All while being recorded.
I lost sight of him after that so went home and chucked the footage on my computer.*
Last night I finally got around to filling in a police report online. I stated that I had video evidence I could provide, along with a detailed description of events, the vehicle and its number plate. I hit submit and wait for justice to be served.
Didn't take long. Less than 18 hours in fact.
I got a call today from the local police saying they went to the described intersection to check for skid marks. As they were there, the suspect drove right past! How they remembered my description of the car I don't know - they'd have a lot of things to remember in their line of work. But in any case they did remember, and so they threw on their lights and pulled him up.
All the details I had provided checked out in terms of the car, plate and driver, and so when they told him they had video evidence of him being a pingpingpingping, he fessed it all up straight away.
Result? Hoon's car impounded for a month.
I'm waiting by my door for Today Tonight to come and do a story on how a "hoon member of underground hoon car club rats on own hoonish friend doing hoon stuff." Yeah coz we're all the same. I hope this helps the police realise that not all performance car owners are hoons, particularly those at the world-famous P-diddy!
I also gave my driver's licence number in the police report, which was optional. Here's hoping my actions will go on record and that the next time I'm pulled up by the police (perhaps for a 'random' breath test), they are nice to me
So yeah, what a coinkidink that the cops were there right as he drove past.
* On the way home I saved that baby from the burning church. Twice. It crawled back in and I had to get it again. Little shit.

Last edited by ALEX.; 13-05-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 13-05-2011, 12:30 AM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Very nice work , always a good feeling with an end result like that. Time & place; there's no need to be a douche on the road! People like that need to go & get it out of them on an owned private estate/land/farm or at the track. Absolutely no need to be a complete knob on the road.
Old 13-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Sir AntiLag

squid at standard level

today tonight lolllll.
Old 13-05-2011, 12:42 AM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

good job!!
Old 13-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

COOL STORY BRO.

(Actually is) Lets hope someone pics it up & gives car clubs some credit. Don't forget to mention people being kicked off cruises for acting like fools etc...
Old 13-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

he...he...he...
Nice one Alex!
I'll have to be cautious next time I drop a skid in my Pathfinder!
Old 13-05-2011, 07:46 AM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

Farkin dobber!

Hehe, I'm surprised the tool in the pretend Skyline didn't drop a skid in front of the Po-po.
Old 13-05-2011, 07:54 AM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

umm where's the obligitory picture?

ie:

Old 13-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

HAZAARRR good work mate

post vid of said skids?
thanks
Old 13-05-2011, 08:10 AM

BALISTC knows their stuff

See, THAT is a hoon.. i.e. idiot in crap car trying to do stupid things.

NOT a person in a nice, well kept car, accelerating a little too quickly from the lights..

Tags
accident, caught, coolest story of the year 2011, hoons, one…, pingpingpingping, wowsers at work