Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Motec is better than Link
Old 28-03-2006, 06:23 PM
cheating_gets_it_faster

This is one of the biggest plagues to society of them all. Religion is the main cause of all wars. It brainwashes people into believing and doing things. Often people only become a part of a religion because they're too lazy to think for themselves and need someone else to think for them, they are weak and need religion to fill the gap that they have in thier life. I could rant about religion all day, I have such disgust for it!

Last edited by cheating_gets_it_faster; 28-03-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 28-03-2006, 06:33 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned
Ha.. ha.. very funny fkrs, what I find hard to take serious is people who crap on about simple spelling mistakes but don't actually contribute anything. If I wanted my grammatical shortcomings pointed out I’d ask for an opinion from someone that mattered.

Here are some other words I looked up just for you scary.

Pedantic, schoolish, trivial, abstruse, didactic, egotistic, fussy, sententious, hairsplitting, nitpicking, ostentatious, pedagogic, precious, semantics, unneeded, unproductive, useless, valueless, worthless, petty, inconsequent, inessential, minor, niggling, paltry, aimless,
Well I suppose if I had as much spare time on my hands as you do to contribute meaningless drivel about religion rather than ACTUALLY contributing to society I would take 30 minutes to write a post, but seeing as I have a family that I am more interested in feeding and taking care of that will never happen.

Get off you fucking high horse and stop trying to ram home a point that not everyone agrees with.

One day you may come to the realization that there are alot of good people out in this world who care about the world, their family, friends and humanity in general BUT are not religious.

What is more important to you?
A) How you conduct yourself and treat other people, animals, the environment etc

or

B) preaching about a god or deity that may or may not exist.

No I am not concerned about the afterlife because my consience is clear without having to pray/beg forgiveness/seek absolution to anyone.

Is yours????

When you finally grow up you may come to realise that you are NOT right and neither is anyone else except for what works for them individually.

And further to all of this if you feel like making any further cracks about how people raise their children with or without religion feel free to come and visit me and we can discuss it at length. (although in your pig headedness you probably won't be willing to listen to anyone elses view)

4minutes 25seconds

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 28-03-2006, 06:36 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

skeptic at standard level

Well put Scary, 'nuff said.

Last edited by skeptic; 28-03-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 28-03-2006, 06:46 PM

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

Evil cabbage. You state some valid arguments. And it was very interesting to read them, and alone question my point of view. Thanks. In the end you will believe the evidence from your view point(evolution) and I will beleive the evidence from my view point(creation).

Its true about wars n stuff, as mentioned earlier - as we all are so passionate about this topic (more than WRXs ). people will simply not back down on what they think is true - given evidence or not.

So you see, Sir, we are going around in circles here as neither of us are gonna budge. More to the point, this thread was never intended to "change" ones beleifs. Im sure your a good person, and I havnt taken this argument to heart, but see it rather entertaining to see how passionate we really all are about the topic.

And to the person who wrote under my username, fuckyou
regards

tode

Last edited by waxdass; 28-03-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 28-03-2006, 06:57 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Are you serious, you give me shit about a spelling mistake & then go on the fkn war path. "Ram home a point" seriously what the fuck are you talking about.. what point is it that I'm ramming home?

I had a crack at you for picking me up on a spelling error. See I can fix my spelling mistakes by visiting dictionary.com... shame there isn't interestingconverstaion.com, cause that could really help you out.

Have a read through this thread.. the only people preaching.. the only ones making accusations & insulting others are the ones claiming to be atheists.

"you are NOT right and neither is anyone else except for what works for them individually."

wtf does that mean simpleton? I'm not right... but neither is anyone else.. except for what works for them... hmmm.. yeah I think I see what your trying to say here but your just too retarded to actually string it together in a sentence. 4 mins hu.. maybe take a few more next time & put together something that makes sense.

"preaching about a god or deity that may or may not exist."

I haven't even mentioned god you mental defect, I've been talking about religion in general. The only thing I briefly mentioned is that I'll raise my children Christian. I'm not even sure I'm Christian myself but I think Christianity instils the right morality. I don’t know much about atheism but it seems that tolerance isn’t high on the agenda.

What I'm saying about rasing kids, is they will only have their parents to teach them values. I just think religion gives kids a way to easily distinguish whats right & wrong. I was raised that way but my parents never forced me to go to church. They realise that I'm able to make my own decisions & paths.

So don't accuse me of making cracks about people raising children cuz I haven't. I've just asked how people will tackle the challenges of defining right & wrong without the foundation of religion. You’re just a fucken idiot that couldn’t take someone that can’t spell getting the better of you.

And lastly was that the threat of physical violence your alluding to in your last post... you fucking moron.

Last edited by STi Tuned; 28-03-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 28-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Nice weather outside hey?
Old 28-03-2006, 07:20 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

Lovely day..
Old 28-03-2006, 07:23 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Getting into a post about religion.. should have my head read.

Yeah it was a corker
Old 28-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Hahaha, this topic is completely unresolvable (look at the reasons behind major cultural conflicts throughout human history) but when kept sane can be interesting!

I like to believe the movies.....

One of three things will happen in the near future and decide the future of the human race:

A) Like the matrix,terminator series or i robot etc... our own creations will continue becoming more independant untill they seize control of us.

B) Like alien, star trek etc.. Intelligent alien life will be discovered/discover us and blow our tiny human conflicts into the truly negligible pieces of crap that they are as the entire human race is united in its own perpetuation.

C) Like deep impact, armageddon or the day after tommorow... Crazy mass destruction caused directly/indirectly or perhaps not by us will either wipe us out, almost wipe us out or just wipe us out enuff to begin a more sensible culture of human beings

Now thats religous, i love the movies
Closed Thread

Tags
cont, religion