Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2006, 03:52 AM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level
Default Religion (cont)

Sorry but I spent 30 mins writing a post just before the thread was locked. So can we just let a few post & lock this one cuz posts about religion or politics are bad news.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameron, you know what’s just as bad as Jehovah witness’s trying to bash Christianity down your throat... atheists doing the same thing.

Hairy muff you don't believe in Jesus, father Christmas, the Easter bunny or anything else without hard evidence of it’s existence. But others believe life has a greater meaning.. a purpose. Life to me seems too special for it to just be all one big coincidence.

You don’t believe in what can’t be proven, science can explain life & all it’s mysteries. But I can't see love, I can’t give you any proof that evil exists but I know they both do... this is know as 'faith'.

You say that those that need to believe in things such as the afterlife as weak. First, that’s kinda a messed up thing to say, insulting probably three quarters of the members on here. Secondly how much reality do you really need in your life? Is everything in your world just black & white, proof or no proof? Are you going to tell your kids that what they do doesn’t really mean shit, rob banks, rape whores, do drugs.. you only get one crack & there an’t no repercussions so go crazy.

Reality is the world needs religion.. any religion, people need to feel that their actions have consequences whether that’s karma, the afterlife.. whatever. Sure we might not have as many wars, but there’d be a whole bunch of people living in some shitty ass countries with absolutely nothing to live for without it.
Old 28-03-2006, 04:09 AM
kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned
But I can't see love, I can’t give you any proof that evil exists but I know they both do... this is know as 'faith'.
thats cool.
Old 28-03-2006, 04:21 AM
STI Master

Pettata at standard level

I'm an aetheist, but I still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny (aka mum ). I'm nearly 23 and I still get a christmas stocking!
Old 28-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

theres only two reasons the world has gone to war, oil & religion.

single biggest cause of death in the world, religion.

Long live the WRC
Old 28-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna
theres only two reasons the world has gone to war, oil & religion.

single biggest cause of death in the world, religion.

Single richest establishments in the world (no not microsoft).....religion.....tax free as well!

I don't mind people following what ever faith they believe in, just don;t try and forceyour beliefs or rules on me.
Old 28-03-2006, 09:41 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned
Are you going to tell your kids that what they do doesn’t really mean shit, rob banks, rape whores, do drugs.. you only get one crack & there an’t no repercussions so go crazy.
Awesome, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!! I was really, really hoping someone would say that!

See, here's the thing. If you need a "god" to stand over your shoulder in order to be a decent person, there's something clearly wrong with you. Why would an atheist automatically do these horrible acts? To quote Adam Carolla (an odd source, I know): "Prisons are full of people that love Jesus, they love Jesus so much they stuck a shiv in a Korean liquor store owner." I would love to know the percentage of Atheists in prison right now for violent crimes and the percentage of christians.

If I end up with kids, I'll raise them as best I could. That involves helping them develop an investigative mind and questioning everything they possibly can without proof. This builds intelligent people. As for having no consequences for rape / murder / etc, what the hell is with that? Those are horrible, horrible acts. Athiests don't need the warning of some hell in order to *not* do something that is clearly bad. We have this wonderful internal dialogue that says "Hey, murder is bad, don't do it" and you know, we just don't do it. It's that simple. Also, when was the last time you heard about an Atheist murdering people (random strangers, their own children) because God spoke to them directly and told them to do it?

Quote:
Reality is the world needs religion.. any religion, people need to feel that their actions have consequences whether that’s karma, the afterlife.. whatever. Sure we might not have as many wars, but there’d be a whole bunch of people living in some shitty ass countries with absolutely nothing to live for without it.
So what you're saying is that blind faith at the cost of human life is OK, as long as it helps people deal with reality? Oh dear...

Last edited by EvilCabbage; 28-03-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 28-03-2006, 09:49 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTATIC
Single richest establishments in the world (no not microsoft).....religion.....tax free as well!
Correct.

Quote:
I don't mind people following what ever faith they believe in, just don;t try and forceyour beliefs or rules on me.
I almost wish I was that patient, but I'm not. I feel it is my "god given" duty to laugh in the face of the religious. Intolerant? Sure thing, but I don't see it as being any different than chuckling at grown adults who believe firmly in the Easter Bunny.

If someone was to openly claim "Why yes, the earth is indeed flat and sea monsters inhabit it's very edges", you would think they were totally nuts and probably be inclined to tell them so. That's how I feel every time someone says "Jesus, for the win!".

Shit, if the early Jesus Buffs hadn't spread their faith through so much damn bloodshed and misery you silly mongrels could all be worshiping Zeus right now. There's a lot of similarities between Greek, Norse and Christian "Hero" tales, but Christians just love to tell us that the Greek and Norse people were clearly wrong, however the ones about Jesus are all true! All of them! True, true, true!

Sorry, but I just can't take people seriously once they admit to believing someone rose from the dead after three days, could perform alchemy, pull miracles out of his top hat, etc...

I have no doubt Jesus was a real man, but there's aproximately zero chance he was the son of a God. He was no doubt an intelligent guy that knew how to give people some kind of hope, there's also no doubt that a dozen people could come along to roll a rock back and steal a body after it had been entombed in order to keep the legend of an impressive man rolling along.

He was nothing more than an ancient jewish civic activist.
Old 28-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
Correct.

I almost wish I was that patient, but I'm not. I feel it is my "god given" duty to laugh in the face of the religious. Intolerant? Sure thing, but I don't see it as being any different than chuckling at grown adults who believe firmly in the Easter Bunny.

If someone was to openly claim "Why yes, the earth is indeed flat and sea monsters inhabit it's very edges", you would think they were totally nuts and probably be inclined to tell them so. That's how I feel every time someone says "Jesus, for the win!".

Shit, if the early Jesus Buffs hadn't spread their faith through so much damn bloodshed and misery you silly mongrels could all be worshiping Zeus right now. There's a lot of similarities between Greek, Norse and Christian "Hero" tales, but Christians just love to tell us that the Greek and Norse people were clearly wrong, however the ones about Jesus are all true! All of them! True, true, true!

Sorry, but I just can't take people seriously once they admit to believing someone rose from the dead after three days, could perform alchemy, pull miracles out of his top hat, etc...

I have no doubt Jesus was a real man, but there's aproximately zero chance he was the son of a God. He was no doubt an intelligent guy that knew how to give people some kind of hope, there's also no doubt that a dozen people could come along to roll a rock back and steal a body after it had been entombed in order to keep the legend of an impressive man rolling along.

He was nothing more than an ancient jewish civic activist.

Dude whats the deal with the ultra long replies? My head hurts
Old 28-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Sir AntiLag

Rexilla at standard level

I believe in doing whatever pleases you as long as it does not interfere with other ppl's lives.

RESPECT other ppl's shit!

This is just my personal opinion, but from what i can see The Pope is the biggest con artist in the history of humanity. I am not saying god doesn't exist, i am just saying if he does he doesn't need a receptionist on earth....... i am sure he has access to email, msn & google, etc...........
Old 28-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

Good call Ben!! Love it!

Tags
cont, religion