Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Are freeway ramp signals a good idea ?
Freeway ramp lights are a good idea 5 11.90%
Just another chairsniffer fail 22 52.38%
I didn'tt know we had freeways in Perth 15 35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

someone ask the chairsniffer when was the time he tired to merge into anything other than a green mps cleavage...apparently mr chairsniffer is no longer allowed to drive..tisk tisk
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

bullet at standard level

XT43 I Like trains & buses for people that work in the city. A waste of money
Old 13-01-2012, 07:10 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shez at standard level

Ok, been on the roads in India, Singapore, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Belguim, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand.

Best road system - Germany (even in the cities). Most terrifying, the place I would never ever drive, is Rome.

Perth isn't too bad. But it is more about people's attitude. People will not stick to the left lane. Every day I get stuck behind some ass clown in right lane doing 75 in a 90 zone, with nothing in front of them, and just not quite enough gap to pass them. Merging? Isn't that where you wait until the last second? Isn't it about getting ahead of everyone else that is trying to merge? If you can get that one place ahead, and make everyone else brake and slow down, isn't that a successful merge? You are a legend... (yes tongue in cheek).

The other thing is, I just don't think "the powers that be" years ago ever expected this little remote town to grow so rapidly. Our roadways were just not designed for it.

My only wish is that they make changes and build for the future, not stop gap band aid solutions.

As for toll roads, I have nothing against them, but do believe that there should be discounts for cars with 2 or more passengers in them. That may lure more people into car pooling etc, and free up some of the congestion. Then again it might not. Seems to work in other countries/cities.

This current "brain fart" is just going to push congestion back onto feeder roads, and appears to be an idea that is being thrust around just to make it seem like they are working on the problem.
Old 13-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Lol @ Rome. That is an experience and a half!

As said, all these things just move the congestion elsewhere. The problem is the complete lack of road design and far too many merge points all clustered up together.

Have the freeway as a freeway. Minimum of 5km between exits, minimum of 3 lanes from end to end. Currently it is the Kwinana /Mitchell Freeways 'stopping' at the city and trying to merge into each other. Absolute crap. From checking a few years ago, there is only one lane that goes the entire length without having a merge lane coming into it. That's not a freeway.

There is currently all the work on the Kwinana to put in an extra lane. But guess what, it stops just before the Roe Highway merge. So again, 1 lane of freeway, 1 lane of freeway + Roe Hwy traffic. You only need a half brain to work out that congestion will stay despite all these roadworks.

Tags
chairsniffer, fail, freeway, idea, ramp, signals