Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wikid_sticks at standard level
Default 2012, the year of bad luck!

hey guys, im writing this while im laying in hospital.

Some of you know me, some of you dont. but those of you who do know me, know that im a bit of a rev head, whether it be a subaru, nissan, ferrari, aston martin, porsche, chevy, bmw, merc, toyota, ford, holden, i love em all

ive had my sportswagon for a few years now and i love it.. but unfortunatly i need to sell it because i want to buy a house and im trying to save as much as i can.

so i had it advertised on here and on gumtree, just as my girlfriend crashes her car. so it was no longer for sale

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/sale-car...new-parts.html

my girlfriend had fixed her car and at the time, our lease had ran out on our house. we ended up breaking up because we were fighting too much and i basically had enough, so we went our seperate ways. long story.

if you can remember the storm we had at the start of winter, a tree in my brothers backyard blew over and landed on my wagon, causing damage to bonnet, so no big deal, but unfortuantly i cant get around to fixing it, so im thinking i might just sell it cheaper with the damaged bonnet.

ok now the real bad luck. i ride a 2010 kawasaki kx450f. i phoned a few mates and organised to go ridingin on the 15th of july out at metro road (50k's down brookton hwy). had a great ride all day and perfect weather, but at the end of the day, i hit a bump flat out in 3rd gear and was flicked over the handle bars and was knocked out. woke up about 20 seconds later and noticed i couldnt get up or feel my legs. so im freaking out thinking ohhh noo im pretty much fucked. mates are trying to calm me down. they phoned an ambo. after an hour of waiting, police rock up, and are helping out, trying to find out where the ambo is. 3 hours of agonising pain, they finally rock up and get me straight on a drip and rush me to hospital. turns out they organised the wrong ambo and got lost :S so anyway, i get straight in there and get x-rayed, they didnt tell me much but they said ive broken my back and ill have to go to rph.

i was transfered to rph, where i got about a million x-rays. and after being put in the trauma ward, im waiting for the doctor to tell me the bad news. my face looked pretty bruised up, so ive definatly hit my head, apparently my helmet is stuffed. broken back in 2 places, 2 broken ribs, broken sturnum, and a broken finger. so i had to wait a day to go into theatere, where i was told theres a good chance i might not walk again.

woke up in intensive care, where i spent 2 days learning how to breathe again, with a million drips and drain tubes sticking out of me! i was told it costs $20,000 a day to be in there! One of the head surgeons came over to tell me the good news, surgery went well and im proberbly gonna walk again

3 weeks later and here i am, in shenton park rehab centre, my first week, i had to lay flat for 10 days, which you could probably imagine what that would do to your bowels. lol. so basically ive had a crook guts, up untill yesterday, where it has finally has come good. also, im learning to walk again, i think i've lost about 10kg, so i feel pretty weak, but i can sit up with a brace on and ive walked about 4 metres with the help of physios standing next to me. i know its not much, but its a start

so im gonna be stuck in here for a few months, but ive really gotta sell my car. do you think im better off just selling it as is, but get rid of it cheap or get another bonnet and get someone to wrap it. i need some ideas of what to do

ohh yeh, ill post up a few pics soon :P

dan
DAN682, TROLLEY and Jordiee like this.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Bad luck dan, rph and shenton park are somewhat the most frustrating places to be stuck in, organised chaos, without the organised part

Hope you get a speedy recovery

Long live the WRC
The Following User Says Thank You to tuna For This Useful Post:
wikid_sticks (04-08-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Dan bro! That's crazy to hear. So good you're coming good though, and will make a full recovery.
GF/GC's are worth very little these days mate (even ones as nice as yours), so I'd recommend finding a new bonnet cheap, and wrapping it so you can sell the car for as much as possible.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Sorry to hear about everything mate. Hopefully everything becomes good luck from now on!
The Following User Says Thank You to REXXXED For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I'm sure someone here has a bonnet you can have, and someone knows someine or can wrap it for you. Could get it fixed for free! Would be nice of pdiddy to rally around! I'll do what I can to make it happen!

Shame about your back mate, glad you are set to recover! Defy all odds mate! Stay strong!
DAN682 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImPreSiV For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

How much for the wagon? I remember it being seriously cheap when you first advertised it considering the gear in it....

Glad to hear you're alright after the crash, friend of mine lost her bf not long ago in a bike accident down the same way. No wonder my old girl is against bikes!!

Best of luck with the recovery mate.

JDM version 3 STi RA
The Following User Says Thank You to V3 RA For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 05:03 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

At least your alive.

Take your time, recover, then get out there and break a leg
wikid_sticks likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to teejay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Strubaru knows their stuff

glad to hear you're on the mend mate, i'll be keen for your wagon if its still available once i've sold my current daily
The Following User Says Thank You to Strubaru For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MY99GT at standard level

Sell me your R32 Stu

And for the OP, that's some serious bad juju! Glad your on the mend and you seem pretty positive considering whats happened.

All the best, and get well soon.
We will remember them.

Lest we forget .

Last edited by MY99GT; 04-08-2012 at 05:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MY99GT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

I find it really awesome that you're in high spirits through what can only be a frustrating and slow moving recovery. I'd be an emotional wreck. Look after yourself dude, and best of luck.

Tags
2012, bad, bit, luck, year