Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level
Default Insurance....lessons in life

NOTE MY SIGNATURE....YES I WORK FOR AN INSURANCE COMPANY....I HAVE DISCLOSED!

Time after time people put up threads about their car being damaged one way or another and they have drama's getting repairs done cause they don't have insurance.

Guys if you must have your dream car BUDGET for your insurance as well!!

It's bad enough if you can't fix your own car but if you hit a BMW say hello to your new friend...."Payment plan". Cause you'll be paying off some other tools BMW for many years via their Insurance Company.

Yes it is expensive to insure a WRX if your young. That's cause 17-25 year olds only make up 15% of total driving population yet are involved in 1/3 of all major accidents. (These are Aust Stats office figures readily available. )Hence if you're in this demographic....you pay more because of inherent risk!

If you simply must have your WRX....but can't manage Full Cover....at least get Third Party and insure yourself against damaging other people's property. And no the Third Party in your rego isn't for property damage, that's for medical injury caused in accidents.

This isn't about drumming up business for my company. Consider this a community service post. I see the heartache on a daily basis of people loosing their pride and joy because they couldn't "afford" to insure their car. Can you afford not to? That's the question.

Rant off...Paul.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level

Well said Paul...

I've had friends who have been on the other side when a young driver with no insurance smashed into them, that is a nightmare I can tell you...

Good job.

Cheers

Brett
Old 02-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Simon at standard level

Totally agree with you Paul, i work in insurance as well

Forester GT
Old 02-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level

Back in the UK a friend of mine crashed into a drystone wall out in the country. His insurance didn't cover for this kind of thing and he ended up paying for the wall to be rebuilt.......So it's not just cars that you have to shell out for but property also.

Get some good insurance ASAP people.

SC TER

(P.S. I also work for the RAC and have found the insurance cover not to be one of the cheapest, but definately one of the best.)(my personal opinion, not the RAC's!!!)
Old 02-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Jaded

YEah and IVe heard light poles are a couple of grand to replace if you hit one of them..

so true.. cant afford the insurance.. cant afford the car.

when I had my crash ... it was SUCH a releif to know it was all fully covered. Yes it was the other lady's fault.. however her insurance company was trying to dick me around (bloody australian pensioners ) ..

From my company (SGIO at the time - now with RAC - thanks paul !) I had the cheque for the full payout figure for my loan (car was under finance) in under 2 weeks. Then it was left to SGIO to sort out with other idiots. Something else alot of ppl dont consider. If you have an accident that isnt your fault.. your insurnace company *should* sort it out for you.. rather than you chasing up some assessor and god knows what else trying to get it sorted.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Insurance is a really good idea.

I've spent a lot of money on my car, and its my pride and joy. I simply cant afford to be put in the situation of having to pay for damage out of my own pocket, or to pay for someone elses damage (if that occurred), so its peace of mind.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:22 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

Also check what options you get with your insurance, try and opt for one with a hire/loan car provision. I'm in a situation where someone hit me in a car park, had a rego number so claimed it through insurance. Stupidly asked for a repairer close to home thinking it would be easier and it's proved to be a night mare!. The smash repairer has loan cars, but they won't book my car in a guarentee me a loan car. It's been 3 months since it happened and there still dicking me round. Spoke with my insurer Just Car, who say they can't do anything as the loan cars are provided by the smash repairer. They won't even let me change smash repairers to one near my work so i can get it fixed.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to joey89

I would not be driving a wrx around if i couldnt get full comp Insurance
Old 02-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

well said Paul!

if u cant afford the insurance, then u cant afford the car!

hence why i drive n/a! i could afford a bug eye sti, with the money i have spent, but i couldnt afford to insure it, pay for internet, pay rent, pay for food, 2 phone bills, petrol and mod's

so i made the choice to buy an n/a!

Don't be a Tool, Get Insurance!

Tags
insurancelessons, life