Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2006, 05:47 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

1) If you lose ur licence in court - the suspension is immediate regardless if u have the card or not.

2) If you lose ur licence thru demerit points - licence suspension starts ONLY when card is handed over and the corresonponding paper is signed.

For reason (1) You can drive around WITHOUT a licence, yet still have the licence card on u.
Old 14-12-2006, 07:08 PM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

when i lost mine for points, i just paid the fine and the suspension started then. I didnt have to hand in a card and was never asked to or chased up about it.
Old 14-12-2006, 07:30 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4GT
when i lost mine for points, i just paid the fine and the suspension started then. I didnt have to hand in a card and was never asked to or chased up about it.

so how did you know u lost ur licence? u added it up urself?

once you've paid the last fine and the central comptuter realises that u've accumulated 12 points, they will then send a person over to ur house to look for u. in the mean time, you have every right to continue driving and ur suspension has NOT started.

However, when the person does catch up with u, u MUST hand the card over and thats when the suspension starts.

in your case, you probably never lost you licence or they couldnt track u down, in which case, they'd still be looking for u, so i'm willing to bet u never lost ur licence in the first place via demerit suspension.
Old 14-12-2006, 07:34 PM
STI Master

1C3 at standard level

ive also keep the card and lost the licence. i was notified by mail. the card came in handy for proof of age.
Old 14-12-2006, 08:01 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C3
ive also keep the card and lost the licence. i was notified by mail. the card came in handy for proof of age.
if u were notified by mail, then how do u know when the suspension starts? what if say, they sent the mail, and it didnt reach you, and u were unaware you lost your licence and got pulled over? for that reason alone, u DONT lose ur licence until it's handed over and they track u down.

u guys are getting really confusing. i've lost my licence about 8 times and im pretty sure about the rules in this area! - even to the extent of hiding from the pppl who come to my house so i can hang onto my licence for longer. sometimes its a bit of a cat and mouse game. they ended up visiting my place of work and grabbing it there.

having a mail sent to u to say u've lost ur licence via demerit means nothing, they need to physically take it off u before the suspension takes effect.

Last edited by methd; 14-12-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 14-12-2006, 08:09 PM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by methd
so how did you know u lost ur licence? u added it up urself?

once you've paid the last fine and the central comptuter realises that u've accumulated 12 points, they will then send a person over to ur house to look for u. in the mean time, you have every right to continue driving and ur suspension has NOT started.

However, when the person does catch up with u, u MUST hand the card over and thats when the suspension starts.

in your case, you probably never lost you licence or they couldnt track u down, in which case, they'd still be looking for u, so i'm willing to bet u never lost ur licence in the first place via demerit suspension.
Mate i lost all 12 points and actually went over as i lost 4 in the last hit, the officer told me on the spot that i just lost my license, and the suspension will start from the day i pay the fine. To tell you the truth i cant remember if i got any written notification saying i didn't have a license. But when the 3 months was over i had received a letter stating that i was now on zero points.

I'm not sure how the system works these days, maybe Giddyup could fill us in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methd
u guys are getting really confusing. i've lost my licence about 8 times and im pretty sure about the rules in this area! - even to the extent of hiding from the pppl who come to my house so i can hang onto my licence for longer. sometimes its a bit of a cat and mouse game. they ended up visiting my place of work and grabbing it there.
Well since your a repeat offender maybe thats the rules? but ive only been done once and dont want to be done again

Last edited by B4GT; 14-12-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 14-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Between me and my brother we have lost our license a few times now and all our experiences have led to what Hien has said.

When we've been done for points, we've either:
a) had someone come to our door to collect the license (usually in the morning )
b) we've gone into Warwick station and handed it over and been giving the proper paper work. Not once did we get to keep our cards and they were never returned (although last time i just waited for renewal time to get a new card). Theres somewhere you can go to collect them after the 3mnths too.

When they serve you the paper work it tells u a date you can start driving on again. Pretty straight forward stuff.

For the court appearances my brother got to keep his card though.

HOWEVER, you always hear of people not knowing so perhaps people often dont find out for whatever reasons!
Old 15-12-2006, 01:52 AM
STI Master

methd at standard level

If you dont know mat, then you dont lose your licence (well the suspension doesn't start as yet). It's up to traffic to chase you up to serve you the papers and grab your licence.
Old 15-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Sir AntiLag

MRWATO2U is unrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C3
sames

the letter told me i had to go into the nearest branch to fill out paperwork so my sentence could start, i just told em i lost the card. so when i got my license back i didn't need to get a new card either. score

To quote Homer Simpson "Beer, the cause of and the solution of all our problems"

WRX - Stealth Spec - So stealth i cant even see it
Old 15-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Most employers of drivers will insist on a police driving record history, cost about $20 from memory, just demand he gets a current one & shows you the original.....even if you pay for it....or GOODBYE MR CHIPS, new industrial relations laws should allow you to do this now.
Nice to read all your little stories but why not just answer the guys question.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Last edited by Pimpreza; 15-12-2006 at 09:35 AM.

Tags
drivers, license