Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

I checked on the online fines registry thingy but I need to know his license number.

Unfair dismissal laws are the least of my problems.

The guy has just blown up the engine in his personal car and gotten his mrs preggers.
Old 15-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

sorry to divert a bit here , but can you post the link to the online fines registry ?

im assuming anyone can check it ?
Old 15-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
sorry to divert a bit here , but can you post the link to the online fines registry ?

im assuming anyone can check it ?
http://www.justice.wa.gov.au/portal/...9532-2611-1450
Old 15-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
I checked on the online fines registry thingy but I need to know his license number.

Unfair dismissal laws are the least of my problems.

The guy has just blown up the engine in his personal car and gotten his mrs preggers.
He has to go in & do it personally, they will give him a printout, from that you should be able to see what he has been up to, now that you have been told he has no licence, he prangs YOU pay. But don't crucify the guy because of some vengefull bitch ex, just tell him you have to cover your arse.
All he needs is I.D. & any cop shop will do it instantly.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Last edited by Pimpreza; 15-12-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 15-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

The ex is not the issue. The guy has treated me with contempt since he started and this is just the excuse I need to send him on his way. This really just makes me do something that I was going to do next week anyways.

It is a shame this close to christmas but in the current environment he can get a job in a heartbeat.

He was presented with an awesome opportunity and thought that he knew best. It is not like I have not given him ample warnings / cajoling / encouragement etc.

Anyways.

Will let you know how it goes in a couple of hours!

Brendon
Old 15-12-2006, 01:26 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4GT
when i lost mine for points, i just paid the fine and the suspension started then. I didnt have to hand in a card and was never asked to or chased up about it.
i was reading up on another matter and came across this...

When does a licence suspension take effect after I have been issued with demerit points?

The licence disqualification period will take effect when the excess demerit point suspension notice has been personally served on the person. An aggrieved served person may appeal to the Magistrate’s court within 30 days of being served the excess demerit point suspension notice.

and also might be relevant to the topic:

10. I am trying to obtain car insurance cover and my potential insurer has asked for a record of any demerit points I may have accumulated? Who can provide me with this information?

Visit the WA Police website for more information about obtaining a certified copy of your demerit points.

Last edited by methd; 15-12-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 15-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level

Dude you are his boss, if you suspect that he is driving a work vehicle without a valid licence you are entitled (if not obliged) to confiscate the vehicle until he can prove he still holds a valid license.

I'm sure your insurance company would make life hard for you if an employee crashed a work car while on a suspended license, so it's in your best interest to get it sorted right away..

Never lost my licence so I can't comment from experience, but I know people who have been caught driving while under suspension even though they still had their license card and had never received a letter about it. They still got done for driving without a licence.

my 2c
Old 15-12-2006, 02:27 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

darlyn at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
Yeh I think the Card itself is the "licence" and until you hand it in or get it taken of you you still have your licence?

Incorrect, if cops pull him over and do a licence check on him and find out that is does not have a licence then he will be charged
Old 15-12-2006, 02:29 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

darlyn at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BANNED]
Incorrect.

As soon as you pay the fine which leaves you without a license, is when the suspension time starts.

When you pay the fine your admitting guilt. Once they process all the bullshit they send you a letter asking you to hand it in. However, by this time you officially have no license, regardless if you have the card or not.

If you decide not to pay the fine, you don't lose your license. Instead you'll be summonsed to court, and you'll fight out your case, or get raped. Either way you will lose it (depending on your case). End of the day, the suspension time starts when you admit guilt. If you pay the fine, you admit guilt pretty much immediately. If you go to court, depending on if your proven guilty on not, the suspension time will start once the sentence if handed out.

My mate tried it, and got stung. Hard.

Fred: Non payment of fines you get it suspended. You wont know until you receive a letter. Happened to me with unpaid parking fines!

Thats only for fines suspension, there are a myrid of ways of losing your licence
Old 15-12-2006, 02:32 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

darlyn at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL WRX
Dude you are his boss, if you suspect that he is driving a work vehicle without a valid licence you are entitled (if not obliged) to confiscate the vehicle until he can prove he still holds a valid license.

I'm sure your insurance company would make life hard for you if an employee crashed a work car while on a suspended license, so it's in your best interest to get it sorted right away..

Never lost my licence so I can't comment from experience, but I know people who have been caught driving while under suspension even though they still had their license card and had never received a letter about it. They still got done for driving without a licence.

my 2c

correct its your obiligation as an employer to ensure all your drivers are licenced to drive. If the employee does not have a licence then he shouldnt be driving full stop.....The only employer that is allowed to let thier employees drive without a valid licence is the military

Tags
drivers, license