Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

stinga at standard level

I'll bring my kiwi flag, will that incite racial violence or just a head kicking?
Old 23-01-2007, 11:47 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

theprotest at standard level

Yeah I am unclear on whether or not ALL flags have been banned.

It would seem stupid if they let other flags in...

I can see people smuggling flags in by any means neccessary!
Old 23-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

This is one of my biggest gripes with Australia at the moment. It is our flag, we should be proud of it and fly it at every opportunity. Everyone should be able to go out wearing clothing with the flag on and be a proud Aussie. Look at America and other countries, they are very patriotic to their flag and proudly display it as much as possible. Heck, we can't even have too many Christmas lights or certain displays up in case that offends anyone. It is going backwards far too quickly.

Some Australians are becoming very "namby pamby" towards trying not to offend people. What these people forget is they are offending a lot of people by banning these things.

./rant off
Old 23-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thodd
Maybe it would be more appropriate if i waved a flag with Saddam's face on it, you know keep the general public happy.
I actually bought a Saddam shirt, it was hung well but was really tight around the neck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 23-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
I actually bought a Saddam shirt, it was hung well but was really tight around the neck

Bwahahaha

Old 23-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

The flags are out, saw two young guys walking around Whitford shops holding one & a cowboy ute with a massive flag hanging off it, bout time we showed a bit of patriotism....fuck the political correctness, Aus flag shops have doubled sales since this shit started
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 23-01-2007, 01:45 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Banning it's a joke.. but in the same breath can't you go a little too far with all this flag stuff as well.

Were all Australian, we all know what the flag looks like, I'm pretty sure we all know were in Australia.. why the need to have it tattooed on you... or walk around the big day out with one draped around you?

Great to be proud, but there is a line there between patriotic & being a redneck (eg Pauline Hanson). I'd also hate to see us go the same way as the Americans who are so wrapped up in their own country that you wonder if they realise there are even other countries?

For one day leave the flag at home, not a big deal if you ask me.

If people want something to ark up about.. I'm pretty sure it's still not illegal to burn the flag, that's fucked up.
Old 23-01-2007, 01:58 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
Ken West the BDO promoter is a soft cock, the event has been going downhill for years, evidenced by the upspring of other more worthy events such as Southbound here in WA in recent times.

To blame the Australian flag for inciting violence is akin to blaming Pauline Hanson for the hating of female RedHeads. Flags don't have legs, arms and voices. Drunken Yobbo dickheads do. Do we ban VB's, Tooheys and EMU Export as well for the problem, no cause there is money in that. Spend some money on security ya tight arsed prick, and make it known spitefull, drunken dickheads are not welcome at the BDO.

For once Ken West got what he deserved, a right royal dressing down. Banning the flag - send the fucker to an RSL for a quiet drink with a few diggers and see if he comes out alive!!!!

J
flash back a few years to Bassendean Oval...knock on Kens door and enter stage left the popo. What's that flour on your desk used for Ken? He has been heading down hill for a reason I reckon!
Old 23-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Nizmo at standard level

Great to be proud, but there is a line there between patriotic & being a redneck
^ Very true!

Personally people that drive around with huge aussie flags hanging off their cars is a little pathetic .... but thats their choice. I also think wearing the flag at things such as concerts etc is cheapening its meaning .... but thats their choice.

While I dont agree with the above Id rather people show that they love and respect the country they live in than people(and if wearing the flag etc is there way of doing that then so be it) than go around and badmouth what an awful place it is and how they despise every aspect of it (i.e the sheik)
Old 23-01-2007, 03:43 PM
MattyP

I've yet to go to a BDO, however from photos I've seen of crowds etc I've never seen anyone carry, have draped over or wave an Australian flag.

It's a bloody music concert ffs. Not an Australia vs (country) sporting match etc.

People that had no intention of bringing the flag to the BDO (before the media attention) but now decide to bring it aren't doing it because they are so proud to be Australian, they're bringing it to stir shit up. If they were that proud, they would have decided before all of the media attention to bring it.

Then you know what happens next? At the concert some 'non Australian' looking person (aka. not white) who's not carrying a flag will probably be asked by some flag bearer 'Where the fuck's your flag?' and then gets owned for it.

Now is that justified?

I've copped heaps of unnecessary racist shit over my time, and the funny thing about it is its usually from the typical brodie faggot who reckon working as a roofie is the 'great Australian job' (don't laugh, I had someone actually say that while he's talking to me as if I'm an FOB [in fact I'm 4th gen Aus])

I go to music concerts every now and then, typically the ones that 'older adults' would go to (40+). I've never seen an Australian flag been carried or waved by those concert goers. I've never even seen them wear anything remotely identifying Australia on it.

Why don't they? Because they're mature, got better things to do with their time and effort, and there is NO NEED TO.

Everyone that says bring the flag everywhere are all talk and just adding to the hype because:
1. They don't do it themselves.
2. Wouldn't know SFA about Australian history probably. As Lillijana Ravlich said a while ago about learning Australian history at schools, 'You can just google it'.
Her comment is just about as stupid, and educted as Pauline Hanson is in general.

End of the day, this is all major hype over nothing. Build a bridge, get over it. Enjoy the concert.

Rant over.

Tags
australian, banned, big, day, flag