Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-2007, 03:52 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I'm bringing my flag, and my drugs and my alcohol. I'm going to make racist remarks and its unAustralian to stop me

Are they serious people are using the flag as gang colours?

No but seriously banning the flag? try and stop us!
Old 23-01-2007, 03:54 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

From BDO website

Quote:
Australia Press Releases
Clarification on the Flag Issue

The Big Day Out would like to offer the following to clarify its position on "flag banning" at the Sydney show.

Contrary to the reports in the media, it was never our intention to disrespect the symbolism of the Australian or any other flag.

We are not banning the Australian flag but are simply discouraging its use for anti-social purposes at the Big Day Out.

We state unequivocally that flags will not be banned at any Australian Big Day Out show in the foreseeable future.

In recent times, there has been an increased incidence of flags brandished aggressively and this has led to increased tension. Our only intention in discouraging this activity at the Big Day Out is to ensure that our patrons are not subjected to this aggressive behaviour.

With all this in mind and the aim to create a happy, peaceful MUSICAL event, organisers would like to request that fans please leave their flags at home.

The Big Day Out is not an Australia Day event, but a music festival showcasing music artists from around the world and aspires to unify people through music.

Unfortunately the media reports yesterday were not quoted accurately and we must thank the participating media for wasting everybody's time including the Prime Minister John Howard, Premier Morris Iemma, NSW RSL President Don Rowe, Keysar Trad (a confidant of the Mufti Sheik Taj el-Dene Elhilaly) and Burt Lane of the Australian National Flag Association...
Old 23-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Well if its not an Australia Day event, why have it on Australia day? Why not have it the weekend AFTER Australia day so people can enjoy their AUSTRALIA DAY being AUSTRALIAN carrying their AUSTRALIAN FLAG whereever they want.

Ohh and eating pork chops. You dont eat them, aparently the TV (God of all infomation) says you are unaustralian.
Old 23-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Sir AntiLag

ndfourspd at standard level

i agree....we are in Australia, on Australia day so it would not be australian to have a flag out. look at what happened at the australian open with that riot. when they do shit like that send 'em home. you come to australia.....your australian now....if you dont want to be well f@#k off home.
Old 23-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyP
It's a bloody music concert ffs. Not an Australia vs (country) sporting match etc.
I agree with that! I dont really think a music event is the place for any flags (unless its a band flag!). Perhaps its a viewing thing and i know i'd be pissed off if an aussie flag was blocking my view. Thats coming from a very proud and patriotic Aussie who flies an Australian flag off his roof 365 days a year

Last edited by Mat; 23-01-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 23-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Sir AntiLag

Subaru00 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggidy
this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I'm bringing my flag, and my drugs and my alcohol. I'm going to make racist remarks and its unAustralian to stop me

Are they serious people are using the flag as gang colours?

No but seriously banning the flag? try and stop us!

werd !
Old 23-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
I agree with that! I dont really think a music event is the place for any flags (unless its a band flag!). Perhaps its a viewing thing and i know i'd be pissed off if an aussie flag was blocking my view. Thats coming from a very proud and patriotic Aussie who flies an Australian flag off his roof 365 days a year
That could hardly be a reason though. I mean, there could be a tree blocking ur view. Should we ban trees from attending the BDO?. Could be an oversized person, freak of nature if you will, should they be banned? I mean, if its a matter of blocking your view, could you not move 3 feet to the left or politley ask them to lower it a tad? I personally think its a stunt to ruffle a few feathers.

Who are they to say what you can and cannot carry on you? Wear it as a cape, its part of ur "costume". Wear it as ur undies, if they take it off you, we'll be prepared to walk around nude! .

The point im attempting to get across is, they have no right to revoke rights of a host coutries people, to stop them feeling proud about being that nationality. Like someone said before, when you step foot in this country (and lets be honest, its a bloody lenient country) you automatically accept the fact, if you are here legally, you are now Australian. You can be x/y/z nationallity/religion and still be Australian. Its a multi-cultural country for crying out loud. I say take your flag, and if some retard thinks its a "problem" then maybe they should get themselves deported, before someone like me physically assults their chin.

Tags
australian, banned, big, day, flag