Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Other ECU Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Whs ^^^^^
Old 31-12-2011, 12:41 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

RedMY01Owen at standard level

Agreed.
Old 31-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
I think a healthy discussion between two people with a clue on the topic is awesome
A rarity if nothing else!

Now, just to clarify something before we have a Great P-WRX tune-off on our hands:

OST's are great FOR THE CUSTOMER as they are not your full time racer type of people who spend their weekends going flat out at WOT around Barbs or entering every Targa event they can. Therefore they require cold start, air con and any other factory type of option I can't remember right now to work first time, everytime. What these people are requiring from the tune is a sexy dyno graph they can be proud of showing to other like-minded individuals and more importantly, the increase in power, torque and driveability that comes with it. They are not looking to squeeze every last bhp/trq out of the engine. Therefore the dyno time is less and the product can be offered at a reasonable price.

Those that are looking to seriously track their vehicle, showoff or have high power figures will invariably go with an aftermarket unit which offers higher resolution and more functions such as launch control, antilag et al. I remember seeing a few Subarus now having gone from OST to eg MoTeC and although the power figure was within a poofteenth the torque at the wheels had increased. Was it worth the outlay in bang for buck? That's for the customer to decide.

Given a choice I would love to smash in a MoTeC M800/Vipec/Autronic and wind it up to 350awhp, but that costs money. Lots of it, not only in initial purchase but in dyno time. Or I could (for example, not playing favourites) go to the boys at that place I won't name, give Nik $990, throw the keys to Sean and have it back later that night making 342.8awhp. It all comes down to value for money, bang for buck (for the customer).

You boys can continue with your sword fight now, I just wanted to say a few words before I begin drinking my way through all the Xmas alcohol I got this year

Tags
ecu, standalone, stock